The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Rose magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Static
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Static
Is the rose tricks practical for impromtu magic? I havent purchased or learned any of these tricks yet, and am wondering how they would fit into my rountine. Thanks everyone!
David Deanie
View Profile
New user
Scotland
63 Posts

Profile of David Deanie
It depends on what rose you are referring to, the napkin rose is a pretty effect- I know there is a flash rose production by Kevin James which seems quite nice. Also a ring on rose is another rose efect. The napkin rose is the only one I would call truely impromptu- as long as you can get hold of napkins!

Napkins with multiple ply's are great for multiple roses or any other napkin trick- I've formed a few routines out of a napkin!

Something from nothing!

David
Static
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Static
Thinking more about Kevin Jame's Rose tricks, thanks for the reply!
David Deanie
View Profile
New user
Scotland
63 Posts

Profile of David Deanie
The Kevin James routine does use a sheet of flash paper each performance- depending on local laws you might not be able to do it in some situations- I'm sure it has been discussed here. Whether or not you want to open or close with it depends on what else you are trying to fit around it! I imagine you could do some form of ring on rose depending on what routine you use- thread work could be nice.

Depends how long you are comfortable with you load for- whether or not you use it towards the end or not.

Hope that helps,

David
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
There is also a video produced by Monty that is dedicated entirely to rose magic.
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Kevin James Floating Rose is one of the most beautiful effects you can do in a parlor or stage setting. While it could be done in more intimate settings it would probably not be practical unless it is a one time performance and you had time for some preparation.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
The rose levitation is great but requires practice. Uses not strings or magnets and can be used with any long stick object.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
The Monty video is really good for rose magic...
Daniel Faith
kvanliewpe
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of kvanliewpe
Daniel
Do you use anyhthing from the rose video? If so, please tip.
Thinking about some ideas and curious about your take?
Thanks
Ken
andolini
View Profile
New user
norwood,ma
74 Posts

Profile of andolini
1 6" green silk 1 6" red silk 1 TT 1 fake rose small from craft store.green and red silk change into rose present to mother at birthday party.
Magic Phenom
View Profile
New user
Oakland, Cali
17 Posts

Profile of Magic Phenom
The DVD by Monte is well worth the money if you are wanting to do rose magic.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I used fake roses in my stage act for years and most of the moves can be modified for a strolling style set up etc. I made clips to hold the rose under my jacket ro vest and was able to make standard style steals anytime I wanted or needed to. I also realized that you could combine flip stick moves with the roses for added effect and more creativity. If you want additional ideas, just PM me. I would be happy to go over them with anyone. My pleasure.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Magicray69
View Profile
Veteran user
Tampa Bay
369 Posts

Profile of Magicray69
Buy a realistic hollow plastic rose or a silk rose at Wal-Mart. Cut an opening in the bottom of the HPR, stuff two small matching silks into the palmed rose..alah..silks to rose. With the silk rose, insert a small RX bottle (take all the xanax out first and swallow them) or a thumb tip into the rose and tuck the silks into the gaff. Hands can be shown clean. I also like andolini's method, where you can present the rose to the prettiest gal and possibly score! (:-)
There was a time I had the blues,

the reason was I had no shoes.

Until I met upon the street

a man who had no feet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Rose magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL