The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » "Can you make my wife disappear??" (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2012-01-13 08:23, JamieUK wrote:
Make him a blindfold out of a table napkin, then continue with the show?

This one is actually pretty funny! It accomplishes what they ask without really offending anyone.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Dave Hill of http://themagicdollarstore.com

Has some silks with a picture and words on of it of husband and wife 6" silk you can vanish.

Not on his website but I saw them at a convention this weekend!! call him up and order up tell him I sent ya!!
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Leppy
View Profile
Regular user
Eden Prairie, MN
161 Posts

Profile of Leppy
Have a clear cup filled about halfway with nickles, when they ask, drop another one in and say something like, and that's just today...see if they catch the "If I had a nickle" reference and don't say anything else...
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
"Henny Youngman, 1949"
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2006-01-15 16:53, Cory Gallupe wrote:

Here is a come back actually used by a famous magician. (Hes famous, yet I forget his name...) I don't recommend using it, but this is it. He was performing for a late night crowd, people were drinking and getting a little tipsy. Near the end, he was getting fed up from all the hecklers shouting out curse words and making his night a bad one. The man was a little overweight, and a man yelled out. "Why are you soo fat?" To which the magician replied. "Because everytime I F*** you mom she gives me a cookie!" That shut everyone up!

Great Line!!!-Hilarious...
Lefebure
View Profile
Loyal user
Lille, France
202 Posts

Profile of Lefebure
Well, I don't know if it sounds good translated in english but in France, I answer most of the time
" Sorry, I perform magic, not miracles !"
" Well, yes, I can do it, but if you are interested please join the waiting list, I am full until 2015 for that"
Hugh Entwistle
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Hugh Entwistle
No! WHat do you think I am, a magician?"
Kit
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Kit
I perform magic, not miracles.
Eduardo
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Eduardo
Quote:
On 2012-02-12 16:03, Kit wrote:
I perform magic, not miracles.

Please, stop say that... I think I heard this expression from every french magician in the past....

This is not funny, and nothing special at all...

Say something diferent and subtle, something like...

Including the airbags?
Kit
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Kit
I always get a laugh when I say this to them. In the past 6 years that I have been performing magic I have probably been asked if I can make their wife dissapear 100 times, and everytime I say the above line, I have always get a laugh.

It may be the 100th time you have heard it, but for spectators it's the first time they have seen a magician in person, and it's certainly the first time they have asked the qustion, so to them that answer is funny and different.

To be honest people read far too much into one liners and trying to catch out spectators. Just get a laugh, big or small and move onto the next routine, I have been asked the question far too many times to care enough to focus on giving a different answer each time. The above works for me, it gets a laugh.
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
968 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
"Sir, if you keep that up, I won't need to."
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
406 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I, too, have been pounded with this question. My stock response has been "I don't think you want me to do that as I don't think you could afford my fee."
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
If she isn't present: "Absolutely." turning completely serious, for a beat. I'm a super smiley guy, so it's a funny change.

If she's present: "And..(turning to her) counteroffers?" When she replies or laughs, I'll laugh in response and say, "Lol, you guys are awesome. What a fun group. Here, let me show you this."
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
Quote:
On 2011-12-21 17:12, MJ Marrs wrote:
I've always liked Alain Nu's response the best; which goes something like: "Sir, I need all the audience I can get!"

This is really the best. It isn't insulting, it kind of changes the focus away from the Wife and back to the show, it's slightly self-deprecating and it's funny.

Douglas M.
Ken Abbott
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Ken Abbott
How about "Don't worry, after watching a couple of my tricks she will probably disappear on her own". Said in jest, I don't think this self depracating remark hurt their image of you. No one gets insulted and you go on with your magic.
Alex Rapattoni
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, Wa
229 Posts

Profile of Alex Rapattoni
Quote:
On 2012-02-20 12:16, Jamie D. Grant wrote:
and say"Lol, you guys are awesome. What a fun group. Here, let me show you this."

Do you actually say "Lol"? Smile This is the best response in this thread, it's funny, doesn't offend anyone, and leads into an effect.

Although the nickel gag is pretty funny.
Weird is part of the job.
ibraa
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
51 Posts

Profile of ibraa
If anyone found this spell, please let me know!
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Quote:
On 2012-02-24 18:45, Alex Rapattoni wrote:
Quote:
and say"Lol, you guys are awesome. What a fun group. Here, let me show you this."

Do you actually say "Lol"? Smile This is the best response in this thread, it's funny, doesn't offend anyone, and leads into an effect.

Although the nickel gag is pretty funny.

There will probably come a day where I start to say, "Lol" (lol). That might actually be funny: instead of laughing, you just go, "Lol, lol, lol." Or maybe not. I could also mention that when I say "You guys are awesome!" I put a slight emphasis on the word "awesome" and say it a tad louder to give the impression to people standing nearby that someone else is saying that in regards to something I might have just done. I don't yell it or anything, but it has a slight rise to it. But now we're getting too deep in the game, I reckon. I probably spend waaaay too much time to on these little details when I should be practicing my faros, lol lol lol.
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
nicolas1447
View Profile
New user
France & UK
17 Posts

Profile of nicolas1447
Quote:
On 2005-03-16 15:38, Eric Leclerc wrote:
Ok, since I saw this thread, I'd like to share something with all of you in here that I have used for the last year or so and is really cool.. I turn the typical questions into a trick!!

I have an index in my coat pocket with 16 things people say all the time.. like..

"the gentleman in front of me will ask me if I can make his wife disseapear"

"the lady in front of me will ask me to make her husband disseapear"

"the gentleman in front of me will say "hey look its david blaine"

"the gentleman in front of me will ask me if I can float in the air"

etc.. I have one for males and one for females.. I have been writting down the questions that pop up frequently and have been creating a perfect list. The look on their faces is awesome!!

My friend Frank the Tank suggested another view on it and to write "congratulations!!! you are the 12th person to ask me to make their wife disseapear tonight!!"

hahaha I love it.. what do you think?

Williamson had something similar where he would have a board behind him (hidden with a backdrop). Everytime someone would say this line during his show, he would open the curtain to show the board and would do another tick... He had another one saying can you change my $1 to $100. I guess you could have a page in your note pad and do something similar...
Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
Quote:

If she's present: "And..(turning to her) counteroffers?" When she replies or laughs, I'll laugh in response and say, "Lol, you guys are awesome. What a fun group. Here, let me show you this."

Best-Line-E-V-E-R!! "Counteroffer?"!!! OMG I shot soda out of my nose when I read it! Too Awesome Jamie. Cool if I totally steal this from you?

Regards,

Barrett James
"...let us now rejoin our foolish friends and commence the book properly." G.H.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » "Can you make my wife disappear??" (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL