The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Daryl's Encyclopedia Of Card Sleights (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicmonkey99
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of magicmonkey99
Since L&L are having a sale on these tapes I was wondering witch volume I should get.
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
That depends. What type of card sleights do you want to learn?

Shane Wiker
Pants99
View Profile
Loyal user
El Paso, TX
230 Posts

Profile of Pants99
You really can't go wrong with any of the vids- they're all great!!!
Buckle up... it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.
J3
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
170 Posts

Profile of J3
From what I remember, the sleights taught on the tapes starts with the easiest ones first, like the terminology on the first volume then gets progressively harder with each volume. Out of all my videos this set is definitely the one Ive gone back to the most over the years. I only wish I could trade in vhs for dvd Smile
mgical
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of mgical
I have the dvds and they are a great reference source (alongside card college and royal road, I still like to own books!) but the vhs would 'do my head in'. DVD is great as I can jump straight to where I want to go and loop it, repeat it etc. I would say the vhs would be a false economy, though in the case of routines a video is just as good but collection of sleights dvd wins hands down.

As to which volume, that is a tough one. Look at the sleights and decide which you want to learn. If you only allowed me one, then I might go with vol 4 which covers a lot of card controls. Spend the extra and get the dvd though, or if you can't afford that your money would be better spent on a vhs of a few tricks.
AsL
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of AsL
I'm not sure what kind of tricks you are into but one of my favorite volumes is volume 7. They all are great. You can learn a lot from any of them!)Good Luck!
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Get them all, I have the DVD set and it is a tremendous reference work, one of those types of vids every magician should have in his library.
Vol I Intro, technical terms, the glide, the break, what to do with a break, the step, the jog, some tricks with the above.

Vol 2 More on the Jog, the crimp, the overhand shuffle, other shuffles, the hindu shuffle, strip shuffle or running cuts, false cuts, tricks with the above.

vol 3 more false cuts, riffle shuffle, the bimpse/peek, key card more tricks with the above

vol 4 locator cards, forcing, the classic force, single card controls, multiple card controls, ticks with above.

vol 5 more multiple card controls, the peek, fancy counts, card spinning, secret counts, the multiple lift, multiple lift tuches, the secret reverse, more tricks with the above.

vol 6 more on the secret reverse, vanishes, palming (positions) palming single cards, palming multiple cards, miscellaneous palming techniques, producing palmed cards, false counts, false displays, more tricks using the above.

vol 7 more on false displays, false dealing, color changes, switches and changes, more tricks with the above

vol 8 switches & changes, the top change, packet switches, Miscellaneous (mostly tricks), flourishes, one hand cuts (3 or more packets), Miscellaneous flourishes, Daryl's rising crime trick.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
I should ge tthem all.. I don't have them I wish I had but I don't have money:)
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
The question is; where do you need work, what do you want? If your a base beginner #1 but I would MUCH rather suggest a book. Otherwise I do not believe past volume 4 they go so much in the order of experience as they go in order of types of sleights. They are a wonderful thing, do not however use them exclusively.
Almost every book no matter how cheap, will have some strange little gem that will make you rethink everything.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
magicmonkey99
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of magicmonkey99
I am pretty much an intermediate, I know all my breaks, controls,and forces and stuff too, I want to know witch one I would benefit the most from. Oh and I would buy them on dvd but to spend 20 dollars more for the same stuff sounds crazy to me
Marv
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Marv
For the ones interested in purchasing one of the dvds, vol. 6 is currently on sale on llpub (72% off!). I thought you may be interested, I just bought it an hour ago and it has wonderful material in it Smile

http://llepub.com/index.php?main_page=pr......s_id=321
darksage
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of darksage
I have Simon Lovell's Toolbox and really like his style.
This set seems similar.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Daryl's Encyclopedia Of Card Sleights (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL