The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » storylines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wil Castor
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle
144 Posts

Profile of Wil Castor
Hi, I just purchased a great little gimmick trick called "Super Sight." I love the way it's made and have already had my money's worth of fun from it, but I was hoping to take it to a darker level. As I don’t have a lot of experience with the bizzare but would like more; if anyone has any ideas for a story line or just a little inspiration as to how this could be something other that a fun puzzle or an esp test I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks!
Pain is the craft entering into the apprentice.
Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
I'm not familiar with "super sight". Could you describe it? Smile
What is the color of magic?
Wil Castor
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle
144 Posts

Profile of Wil Castor
You know, that's a great idea... guess it would help...

5 brass coin shaped disks of different colors. One color goes in the spectator's pocket, and the other four go into a brass tube that is screwed tight and returned to the magician, who then through whatever revelation method is chosen determines the color that was omitted.

It can clearly be passed as an esp test but I would like something more fun for it... thanks for asking. Smile
Pain is the craft entering into the apprentice.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Bob Cassidy has a good take on this...
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
How about this:

Instead of just blurting out the color they have in their pocket or hand. Give them a short color reading.

Example: You have decerned that the color they hold is "Red". You can say something like:
"You know the color you chose has a lot to say about you. The color YOU chose says that you are a person on the go - a real take charge type of person. No moss is allowed to grow under your feet. Procrastination is a word not found in your dictionary. You believe that if the job is to be done right you will do it yourself, always ready to roll up your sleaves and jump right in. Your personality chose the color for you and that color is "RED".

Then have them open their hand and show everyone that is indeed the color they chose.
This accomplishes two things.
1. The chicks will line up for you to show them this effect. (Ladies always love a reading)
2. They won't care how it was done. :0)

Just my 2 drakma worth,
Doug
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
Sam Haine
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
159 Posts

Profile of Sam Haine
Greetings,

JustAlan has the best take on this. The disks are stops from a trumpet. JustAlan explains how his father worked on instruments and that these stops actually belonged to Houdini who was in fact learning the trumpet. JA shows a picture of the two of them, Houdini holding the trumpet.

He then shows how they can "escape" just like their owner did...

I would suggest following in that line (after all, this is the bizarre group Smile )

So, what are the disks?
* money from an ancient civilization
* found in the skulls of mummies
* toy bullets from a 1950s space gun that once belonged to your best friend - now departed
* game pieces to an ancient Egyptian board game used in selecting those worthy of magical apprenticeship

Good Luck,
Sam Haine
Magical entertainment for charities www.sam-haine.com
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Sam,

I think you're confusing "Psychic Escape" with "Second Sight."

Both use similar props, but one is a divination, and the other is a penetration.

:firedevil:
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » storylines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL