The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » What fog machine do you recommend? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sammy
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Sammy
Hi all,
I am looking at fog machines. My question is: What make and model fog machine would you recommend? What is your experience with your make and model fog machine? How long should that make and model last? How reliable is it? How tough is it? I do an illusion show. Here are my needs and the factors I perform with:

*I have a budget of $500.

*I will be doing shows in venues varying from school auditoriums to medium sized theatres.

*I will use the fog during the large numbers. In each large number (there are 6-8 large numbers in the show), I will put fog out onstage twice to make sure the stage is foggy for those 4 or 5 minutes. Thus the fog needs to be released again shortly after a previous application(two minutes or so).

* The fog needs to cover the stage fairly quickly. At the same time, the fog machine needs to have the capabibility of long, continuous fog output.

All help is greatly appreciated!

Sammy
PaxMentis
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, CA
239 Posts

Profile of PaxMentis
Hi Sammy,

In the early days, The Pendragons used two Roscoe foggers with fans. They were more than adequate at the time. The kind of foggers your production needs can be rented or purchased from almost any large production lighting firm. Most major cities have lighting firms. Or go to Google and see what turns up. You should be able to solve your problems rather quickly.

Best of luck.

Pax Mentis
Do not go where the path may lead, but go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Theatre Effects is a good and knowledable dealer for this.

http://www.theatrefx.com/store/commerce......._foggers
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Grandillusionsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of Grandillusionsmagic
Call springtree.net 18008764873 ?? and talk to them about Chauvet foggers, or even hazers, if you are looking to fill the air with haze they sell MBThazers that are GREAT!! and hazers don't have a warm-up time., they are great people there and will help you find exactly what you need!!! andthe prices are great.
Magically,
GI
www.boisemagic.com
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
The problem with fog is it doesn't last. If there are any fans or A/C units near the area, it will disapate very quickly. It's hard to control as well. Sometimes you put out alittle "extra" and it is too much making things hard to see. Hazers are great, and I am currently looking for one of those. I have DMX lights and want that veil of particles vs the fog that comes out of a fog machine. A low level fog would be easier becuase it won't interfere with the view by the audience. If you are always performing in the same venue, it's easier becuase you can control the climate/temperature and the air drafts. However, some venues have massive air movers and it's a losing battle. I think what would work best would be a distribution through a PVC pipe with a T-connector in the middle.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » What fog machine do you recommend? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL