The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Center Tear Bill? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Georgia Boy
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Georgia Boy
Can anyone testify for or against?

Ad reads:
The cleanest, most direct, torn and restored bill we've seen!
Show a one dollar bill on both sides. Have the bill initialled by a spectator.
Very openly, fold the bill in half.
Tear the center (George Washington's picture) off of the bill. Either vanish the center or burn it.
With no false moves of any kind, snap the bill open and it is restored!!
The bill is clean and examinable!!
Center Tear Bill is great. You can learn it in five minutes; and you will do it all the time!!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
5658 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
The only version that I know of can't be examined. I seriously doubt that you will find the trick to be satisfactory.
http://www.sneakymagician.com/

Where have some of the most valuable members gone? I hardly ever have a reason to visit anymore.
magic hands
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
176 Posts

Profile of magic hands
Michael Ammar has a routine that you "tear out the center..then open the bill and it is restored but you need to do a switch to hand it out,
other then that it is a very good trick I perform all the time.
Don
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2135 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I do the Wilson one and it was free in the book. I will PM with a way to do the handout if you like. You need to gimick the gimmick if you want to hand out.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
Quote:
Ad reads:
Tear the center (George Washington's picture) off of the bill. Either vanish the center or burn it.
Center Tear Bill is great. You can learn it in five minutes; and you will do it all the time!!

Harry Lorayne's Ripstoration (from his recently rereleased video tape and Apocalypse) is a "center torn bill" effect that fulfills much of what is being described here. It looks great and the restored bill is examinable.

Joe Z.
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of highmagic
I am a bit unclear about that one. I am familiar with Michael Ammar’s “Dining on Dollar” described in the Easy to Master Money Miracles; but can the Center Tear bill be GIVEN OUT to spectators for examination?? With the Ammar version, you can only show it around
imagealter
View Profile
Regular user
Christopher Griffin
158 Posts

Profile of imagealter
Quote:
On 2004-02-07 04:45, highmagic wrote:
I am a bit unclear about that one. I am familiar with Michael Ammar’s “Dining on Dollar” described in the Easy to Master Money Miracles; but can the Center Tear bill be GIVEN OUT to spectators for examination?? With the Ammar version, you can only show it around

With the Ammar version, he suggests an easy, convincing cleanup that has never been questioned while I perform it. On the Ammar version the handling is very easy and convincing and relies more on *acting* *than technique*.
I use this all of the time with great reactions.
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Yes, the Ammar presentation is entertaining (it’s credited to somebody else, though). But surely a gimmick allowing to give away the bill immediately without any switch would be a nice touch. So anybody really purchased this “Center Tear Bill”, as advertised by Hank Lee? ***ed little elves, they sucked me in more than once
Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
HN Review 97: Center Tear Bill – Craig R. Dickson

AD:

REVIEW:

The classic Eddie Joseph’s “Dining on Dollars” trick, combined with the setup of David Harkey / Jay Sankey’s “East Meets West”. The modus operandi is different than the version described in the “Easy to Master Money Miracles” videos, and it comes with the “special something” that can be used in other effects.

The bill can be given out at the end – not only shown, as in the Ammar version – but I would recommend the latter for its cleaner display.

OVERALL RATING: below average

H.
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Jeff Mc Bride has an awesome torn and restored bill on one of his videos. It is all about mime and it can be handed out without a switch. It is on the same video where he teaches the Living Flower production and the barehand water production etc.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
19997 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This is the late Sam Berland effect marketed by him years ago. It was also presented on television by Henning or Copperfield, can't remember.

I have it in my collection. It is interesting. You must destroy a real bill to do the effect, or use play money which is not very what a professional magician would use.

To hand it out you must do a switch. I am only guessing as I do not own this latest version.
Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Center Tear Bill? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL