We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Learning ventriloquism. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Round Rock, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Are there any videos or books for people wanting to learn this artform?
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
poesjenel
View Profile
Regular user
Antwerp, Belgium
118 Posts

Profile of poesjenel
You have a big choice on video's to learn ventriloquism. I bought several of them in the last years and to my opinion my best buy where the two video's from Liz VonSEggen "Fun with ventriloquism" and "Fun with character voices" ( One way street inc ). Great explanations on the technique. Another good one is "How to become a ventriloquist" by Paul Winchel.
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Round Rock, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Thanks for the valuable info. I'll look over those titles you suggested.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
fr3ky magick
View Profile
New user
East Sussex, ENGLAND
55 Posts

Profile of fr3ky magick
Hiya all, Belinda here aka Bd,
I am a girl!!!,I am a stage magician, children's entertainer and also do balloon modelling.
Just noticed the topic, I personally do not do vent. I guess I feel someone will say 'her hand is up his bum' or something, but then very young children would not know unless someone has told them!. Though it would be nice to do vent.
I do have puppet's but I don't put my hand up it, I have a rabbit in a hat, and I place my scarves in it, rarely put in my routine about the rabbit saying something, if the rabbit later on magically has a spectator's card or something..
I have a Leon the lion puppet but have not really used him much also I bought a bugs bunny toy, it isn't a puppet as such but it's aimed more at children.
WITH VENT. U HAVE TO BE CAREFUL ON CERTAIN WORDS AND LETTERS,AS IT IS DIFFICULT TO PRONOUCE WITH GOOD DICTION WORDS AT THE SAME TIME, PLUS B'S AND P'S ARE 2 OF SOME OF THE LETTER'S HARD TO SAY AND NEED GOOD PRACTICE IN ORDER TO STOP YOUR LIPS REALLY MOVING WHEN SAYING THEM/WORDS!!
I belong to a magic club, and regularly receive magazines. Seeing the topic made me think about the articles they had in it about Vent. There is a article by David Blyth.
In his article it shows pictures of vents and their puppets (v) is the vent, (p) is the puppet; Bergen(v) and Mortimer(p), Bergen(v) and McCarthy(p),Peter Brough(v) and Archie Andrews(p),Edgare(v) and Charlie(p) and Paul Zerdin(v) with some of his puppet's.
Towards the end of the article Blyth reveals how lots of people ask him how to become a vent and when did it first start?. Then he explains and also describes in detail how to master the breathing in order to achieve the best vent voice.
Overall it is a very interesting article.
If you would like a copy, feel free to ask ,and we're fix up a way, I'll have to scan it to the comp and send it as a email.

Best wishes,
Regards,
Belinda - keeping magic secret and alive
Always look on the bright side of life, Set goals and acheive them, never let anyone put you down you are unique in your own way.
Peace to the world.May MAGIC never die.
puppet man
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of puppet man
The Art of Ventriloquism, By Trevor Burch

I have always been critical at the lack of “tuition material” available to ventriloquists in the UK. I am pleased to report that this is no longer the case. “The Art of Ventriloquism, By Trevor Burch” now fills that void. His book covers everything you could want to know about trying to “make it” as a ventriloquist. It is beautifully written with easy to follow and carefully planned instruction on all the intricacies ranging from ventriloquial techniques, to life like figure manipulation, and to professional entertaining.

For someone new to ‘Ventriloquism’ this book is perfect, for it contains everything you need. For the more experienced ventriloquist, it has a wealth of knowledge and advice to help you progress and hone your skills even further. Unlike some so called “tuition” material, this book is filled with even the finest details that you may never have considered and even covers on how to cope with shows that don’t go well.

For those looking to turn full time professional and maybe even become a household name, then this book guides you through all the layers and concisely covers all the hidden extra’s you are likely to encounter on your way. The book has been written based on the authors years of experience from performing in front of friends, kiddies birthday parties and Theatres filled to the brim. Nothing has been left out making it a “must have” for any ventriloquist or anyone considering taking up the art.

It is the best and most extensive work on Ventriloquism I have ever read! Anyone into ventriloquism or wanting to get into it will not go wrong with this. It’s not often a review scores so highly, but it is truly worthy of its 10 out of 10 score.

Awesome value for money, available for less than £15

The book is available directly from:

Trevor Burch, Willow Cottage, 110 Davids Drive, Wingerworth, Chesterfield, S42 6TS

Or

Davenports, The Strand, London, WC2N 4HZ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Learning ventriloquism. (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.082809 seconds, requiring 24 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [3] [1] [8] [0] [0] [7] [8] [3]