The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Napkin Rose Gets em! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I just released a PDF file on tricks and bits to do in bars, restaurants and party's called BAR TAB (BAR Tricks And Bits) and one of the bits in there is a way to turn a white napkin rose into one of Michael's colored ones. It's a simple trick that most of you probably already know it it's a nice logical change. Just thought I'd mention it for those looking for others ways to use those beautiful napkin roses. People love them!

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
funemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Asheville NC
230 Posts

Profile of funemagic
Jaxon,

Can you use this switch to change the paper rose to a real rose?

Thanks
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Sure.

Let me tell you that the method has been around for ages. So this isn't a new method.

I should also say that it's not much of a sleight of hand method. What I mean by that is it doesn't visually change at your finger tips.

What the heck. I'll just describe what happens here. From the description many of you will know what method it uses and it's only one of the things in the PDF. So if you figure it from this description then it'll serve as a little sneak peak of the PDF.

EFFECT:
You place a small stack of plain white napkins on the table. Pick one of them up and make a napkin rose out of it and hand it to a spectator. Let them examine it for a moment (They usually smile) then take it back from them and tell that that you'll wrap it up for them so it won't get damaged.

You then roll their white napkin rose into the stack of napkins that are on the table. Just as you're about to hand it to them you act as if you have an idea. You unroll the napkin and they see that the rose has turned into a colored napkin rose.

Like I said. The method it nothing new but I've been getting great reactions from it. The moment they see that it has changed usually brings gasps and laughs. It's also nice that you use nothing but napkins and it also ends clean.

I hope you like it. You can use a real rose but it would have to be the right size.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
waltsal
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of waltsal
This is one of those beautiful effects that can be learned in five minutes and is worth far, far more than Mode charges for his $20 DVD and napkins. Reactions are alays great and bring a smile.
ChrisJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Lapeer, MI
226 Posts

Profile of ChrisJ
Having purchased the dvd as well as all three color napkins I agree that the investment is WELL worht the reaction. Michale Mode did a great job of brinign this product to us. I carry napkins in my wallet for the spur of the moment smile it can bring to a person who might otherwise be having a bad day.

Chris
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
So I finally got the DVD and the napkins. I do a lot of weddings and will be trying this out at my next wedding (in 2 days.) If I can locate some 'kisses' I'll do the routine in the DVD for the bride. Will post the result here.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I like the specially printed rose napkins...but I go through so many now that's it's hard to keep a reasonable supply. The tips I receive more than cover the cost of the napkins. Still, I began experimenting with regular & separate single-ply red and green bar napkins...that you can buy dirt cheap by the case load right after Christmas. They result in a little thicker rose, but I can now slightly turn down the green "leaves" around the red rose for a more natural look.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Darren Kidby
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
291 Posts

Profile of Darren Kidby
Just wondering if there is a Picture of the finished Napkin Rose that is made on this DVD, I already make one that I have used for a long time, but I am always looking for improvements, and if it is different to the one I currently make then I would be interested in buying the DVD.

Darren...
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Darren
Save your money go to http://www.napkinrose.com/ Michael has not just one picture but he has a picture of every step.
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Darren Kidby
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
291 Posts

Profile of Darren Kidby
Thanks Juggleral, I had a look and it is very similar, but not the same,
Thanks again for the address.

Darren...
magicmode
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of magicmode
Quote:
On 2005-06-10 12:17, Darren Kidby wrote:
Just wondering if there is a Picture of the finished Napkin Rose that is made on this DVD, I already make one that I have used for a long time, but I am always looking for improvements, and if it is different to the one I currently make then I would be interested in buying the DVD.

Darren...

Darren,

I also teach how to make a miniature Tea Rose which looks great. There isn't a picture of it on the site but it is on the DVD. Some people like these better than the "full size" Napkin Rose. Just thought I'd let you know.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Michael Mode

One more thing... Ron Jaxon sent me his idea for changing one Napkin Rose into a different color Napkin Rose and it's very clever. I think restaurant workers will really get a lot of mileage with it since all of the "props" are very logical and natural. Make sure you check it out!

Michael Mode
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Where can we find it?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
HERE
Quote:
On 2005-06-10 13:19, juggleral wrote:
Darren
Save your money go to http://www.napkinrose.com/ Michael has not just one picture but he has a picture of every step.
Al
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Quote:
On 2005-06-11 10:31, daffydoug wrote:
Where can we find it?

It's in my latest PDF file release on my site called BAR T.A.B. (Tricks And Bits). It's a small collection of tricks and bits of comedy that I've used in my bar, restaurant and party acts. I thought I'd give the concept of these kinds of things a try. If people seem to like it I plan to release other BAR TAB manuals with more tricks and bits that work well in these venues. Most the material is usable for walk around magicians too but the primary focus is on bar and party performing. I'm thinking about adding an adult version of it too (Nothing vulgar but things that are only appropriate for adult audiences).

The napkin Rose change isn't anything new as far as method. But I have to admit it's a trick that makes sense with the objects used.

The only problem I'm having with Mike's napkins roses is I'm having a hard time keeping enough on me. I keep running out of them. That can be very annoying when I keep getting requests. I can make them a plain white napkin rose but it just doesn't feel right to do that anymore. Smile

Ron Jaxon

Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
The DVD also has "a rose and a kiss" which is the one that makes them really remember meeting you. When you do the napkin rose be sure to have your business cards with you.
Al
paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
MR Mode is the magic equivalent to a drug dealer Smile . You get your "free supply " of napkins with the DVd but he knows the addiction all too well .. Next thing you know you are cashing in you kid's college fund for a gross of assorted colors. shame shame on you Mr Mode ... just kidding of course.. Got my DVd last night and I have to say it was the best $23.85 spent in Magic already .. Made one for my wife and daughter ( whose face just lit up seeing ) . I am already going to add this to my table hopping act.
I am trying to come with Flaming Rose of Death trick but have not worked out all the kinks.
BTW new item idead Mr Mode , BLACK roses , when you are performing at divorce parties, for couples on a Firast and Last date or my favorite function : funerals.

Kudos again for your entrepenuership.
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Thanks Michael Mode for coming up with such a great effect. When done according to your instruction, it's as beautiful as the fresh cut rose. I stamped my info on the napkin to give out as gifts. I'm very happy and my specs are happy!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
magicmode
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of magicmode
Quote:
On 2005-06-14 09:26, paymerich wrote:
MR Mode is the magic equivalent to a drug dealer Smile . You get your "free supply " of napkins with the DVd but he knows the addiction all too well .. Next thing you know you are cashing in you kid's college fund for a gross of assorted colors. shame shame on you Mr Mode ... just kidding of course.. Got my DVd last night and I have to say it was the best $23.85 spent in Magic already .. Made one for my wife and daughter ( whose face just lit up seeing ) . I am already going to add this to my table hopping act.
I am trying to come with Flaming Rose of Death trick but have not worked out all the kinks.
BTW new item idead Mr Mode , BLACK roses , when you are performing at divorce parties, for couples on a Firast and Last date or my favorite function : funerals.

Kudos again for your entrepenuership.

Very funny! I know you're going to love my new Crack Rock Matrix that will be coming out soon. Try it once and you'll be hooked! The first set of rocks will be free of course Smile

Seriously... I'm thrilled that everybody is having so much fun with the Napkin Roses. I'm glad the roses are helping you guys book shows, make clients happy and create memorable smiles.

Michael Mode
paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
Hmm crack rock matrix... Scene 1 :> I have a special illusion to show you tonight . I cover these 4 crack rocks with 4 random crack pipes . Now watch the magic happen as all the crack will appear in this pipe here. As by magic ,one rock jumps to your pipe ... Now all the rocks are in your pipe, and now you will do the magic and make the crack disappear....

Just a joke here kiddies
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
I have tell you a quick story.

A waiter at the restaurant where I work came to me and said a patron wanted to propose to his girlfriend that night. He asked if the magician could magically make the ring appear. I of course said yes, then he handed me the ring box.

Basically I wanted to get to the point right away so I first did "Grab A Gift" that results with a "Free Napkin". I then twisted the rose and did the "Rose and a Kiss" except instead of the chocolate kiss in the rose, I dropped in the ring. I then said, "sometimes things aren't all they seem to be. And sometimes a rose isn't just a rose." With that, I had her open her hands then I dumped out the engagement rock (it was a LARGE diamond ring). She was speechless as she turned to her boyfriend. I then said the rose is from me, but the ring is from the person sitting beside you. I quickly left the table and let the rest happen naturally. I'll bet that rose will be pressed in the pages for all time.

Thanks, Michael Mode, for your idea that sparked mine.

yours,
Scott
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Napkin Rose Gets em! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL