The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2005 entrée: Max Maven » » Max Maven In Print? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
So will a book like this ever happen? I'm guessing you're still too prolific to cap it off now...but I'd love to own this book...
Max Maven
View Profile
V.I.P.
266 Posts

Profile of Max Maven
A complete compendium of my published work would, quite frankly, be a bad idea. I've never deliberately published anything I'd consider bad, but some of what I have put in print is rather ephemeral -- a nice idea that could generate something better and hence is worth putting into a magazine, but not preserving between hard covers.

One of the extraordinary things about "Stewart James: The First Fifty Years" was that it contained about 400 items -- everything Stewart had published in that half-century span, plus some unpublished material. And not every one of those items was knock-out (although many, many of them were), but not a single one wasted your time. Some of the tricks you might perform, or use as a springboard to something else, and with some you'd simply learn something about structure or framing. But every page in that huge book has value.

I've published far more tricks (I think it's around 1800 by now), but have held to a lower standard.
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
Hello, Max,

I think that PRISM is an excellent book all around. One time I went to my IBM Ring meeting with the intention of performing your version of Prophecy Pack, Predixtion, and one guy there stole my thunder by performing the original Prophecy Pack routine I learned.

I like the way you weave words together in your routines, taking your sweet time to bring everything to a conclusion. It's much more theatrical than just, "Boom!" here's your card. Thanks for being so cool.

CSR
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
maxrod88
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of maxrod88
Lets talk about Focus.What are your favorite tricks in this book you still perform all the time.
max
Max Maven
View Profile
V.I.P.
266 Posts

Profile of Max Maven
Quote:
On 2005-05-02 08:49, maxrod88 wrote:
Lets talk about Focus.What are your favorite tricks in this book you still perform all the time.

It was hard enough narrowing it down to sixty, so I won't try to pick individual favorites. Every item in that book is one that I like, and most of them were staples of my close-up repertoire at one time or another.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2005 entrée: Max Maven » » Max Maven In Print? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL