The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2005 entrée: Max Maven » » Enjoying the music... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mattillusion
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Mattillusion
This is great. Thanks for joining us... In one of your interviews on a TLC magic special you said something very profound about magic secrets that has always stuck with me: "If you're wondering how the valves on a tuba work you're probably not enjoying the music."

Is that quote original to you?

I think it is a perfect metaphor for magic. Would it be okay for other magicians/mentalists to quote it when people ask, "How did you do that?" It would make a much more intelligent and thoughtful response than the tired old lines, 'very well,' or 'can you keep a secret?...so can I' and it might make people think a little. Thanks.

-Matt Roberts
Max Maven
View Profile
V.I.P.
266 Posts

Profile of Max Maven
I'm certainly not the first person to use music an such an analogous way, but it is something I've addressed many times -- not always with a tuba. For anyone else to explore that relationship and convey it to others is fine with me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2005 entrée: Max Maven » » Enjoying the music... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL