The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Card to Wallet gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Acextreme
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Acextreme
Hi, I am searching for Card to Wallet gimmick that doesn't require palming because my hands are just too small to hide the card and I don't want to risk exposing my palmed card.

I read that Mark Leveridge's Professional Magicians' Signed Card to Wallet requires no palming, so is Chris Moore's Reverse Osmosis. But which is recommended?

I searched a little and found that there's an improved version of the Reverse Osmosis by Roy Roth called "Reverse Osmosis Outdoned". Is it really better and cleaner?

Are there any other Card to Wallet that don't require palming of cards?

Thanks for any help...
Shaner316
View Profile
Loyal user
St. Catharines, ON. Canada
214 Posts

Profile of Shaner316
Have you tried using bridge sized cards? They are a little smaller and may be easier for you to palm.
Frank Starsini
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
12517 Posts

Profile of Frank Starsini
I always recommend "Packed Wallet" by Simon Lovell for those that don't palm.
Very entertaining and has a deck to wallet kicker ending.

Easy and entertaining.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic

Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Staff
Maryland
5004 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
You could try the search function and come up with over a dozen threads discussing various no palm versions of the card to wallet.

For example you will find my review of several of the more easily found versions. That thread includes Peter Marucci’s offer for his great, no palm, no special wallet version. Check out:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=113
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
960 Posts

Profile of Carron
Anytime Card to wallet is what you want! Ask Peter Marucci about this. It's fantastic, and you will probably get it a whole lot cheaper.

Tom
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
5577 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Had the Leveridge wallet - it was okay. A good Mullica is better.

Reverse Osmosis is very good, especially for those who perform at the bar. The shadows created by the bar top make it especially good.
ross welford
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
1214 Posts

Profile of ross welford
I second Peter Marucci's Anytime Card To Wallet. It kills 'em!
wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
878 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
Get a Mullica wallet. No palming required. The dirty work is done on the off beat. I've gotten great reactions to mine.
Edd
Chicago Magician Edd Fairman, Wizard of Sorts is a corporate magician available for your next trade show, hospitality suite, client luncheon, or company event. http://www.wizardofsorts.com
Acextreme
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Acextreme
Quote:
On 2005-05-05 13:34, Shaner316 wrote:
Have you tried using bridge sized cards?? They are a little smaller and may be easier for you to palm.

Yup, it was slightly easier to palm but believe it or not, it's still quite visible. My hands are really just too small. So that's why I stayed away from effects that uses palming. But since I decided to go professional, I needed a reputation maker and Card-To-Wallet is just that strong to a lay audience (though I wasn't facinated by it when I first started out in magic...funny, I guess I am the only one like this? But since it plays strong on lay audience, I want to do it...).

If there's really no choice, I have decided to use a bridge-sized deck just for this one effect. I guess it's worth it...but of course, no palming required will be much better for me...

Ok, what's the difference between Mark Leveridge's Professional Magicians' Signed Card to Wallet and the Mullica Wallet?

Which is better in your opinion and why is it so?

Thanks everyone for your kind and helpful feedback...

Hi,

I did some more research and I found some wallets that seems to be great, judging from their description. But because I am new to this and has yet to use one of these wallets, I need the expertise of everyone in Magic Café.

Here's a list of the wallets which I thought was interesting. Which do you think is better and why? Which uses no palming, I don't want to get the wrong one?

Card to Wallet:
(1) Balducci Wallet (Leather)
(2) Beta Wallet (Leather - Eric Mason) [I thought this sounds great, any comments?]
(3) Isolation Wallet (Mason)
(4) Pimpernel Wallet Killer Combo [This sounds great too, what do you think?]
(5) Professional Fred Kaps Wallet

Okay, please feel free to post your comments/recommendations. I appreciate everyone for their precious time to help me, thanks! God bless.
Frank Starsini
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
12517 Posts

When I do card-to-wallet, I usually use a gambler's cop
to hip-pocket wallet (real man's wallet).

The angles are quite reasonable and nobody's hands are too small for that. And your hand looks more natural than with any other palm. You just have to have the guts to give it a shot.

Harry Murphy
View Profile
Staff
Maryland
5004 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
1. Balducci wallet = oversized, old fashioned, gentleman’s jacket wallet. Requires palming
2. Beta Wallet = another oversized wallet, it has a smaller wallet inside that is gimmicked a la the Mullica wallet for a no palm card to wallet. PLUS it has a gimmick (think chop cup) and gimmick card (think shim) to pick up the chosen card using the small Mullica wallet inside. It is also built to be a loader (palmed card) card to wallet. It has a couple of more features that make a couple of outside pockets work like a Himber switching wallet.
3. Isolation Wallet= another oversized wallet. It is strictly a palmed card to wallet prop.
4. Pimpernel Wall= a hip-pocket style wallet that exploits moving section principle that gives it an almost Himber wallet quality. It is a NO palm card to wallet prop.
5. Professional Fred Kaps Wallet = Still another oversize PALM card to wallet prop.

Judging from you post it is clear that you did not bother to read the link to my NO PALM card to wallet review thread. It gives you everything you need to know about the kind of wallet you are seeking. Of the one’s you list only the Pimpernel wallet meets your stated needs.

As to small hands and palming. Lay a card on your hand. Put the outside bottom short edge against the base of your thumb. Now answer this question. Does the other end stick out beyond your small finger? If no then your hands are not too small to palm!!!! Even if a card reaches the very tip of your small finger you can palm. You will hold it in place with your third finger (from the thumb). If poker cards are a tad too large then use bridge cards.

Cards bend, cards will fit. Plus you can cop a card that puts it back in your hand hidden by the bulk of your hand and your wrist.

Remember that Joseph White, Micro the Magician, was a small person (midget) and he palmed cards all the time. I doubt if your hands are smaller than Joseph’s!

Some time ago I watched a young girl (maybe all of 12 years old) do a card manipulation act that required all nature of palming. She had very, very small hands and pulled it off beautifully.

Now go read the thread on the NO-Palm card to wallet props.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
paultepper
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of paultepper
Have you looked at Eugene Berger's Card to Wallet with a Mullica or BKM wallet?
Frank Starsini
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
12517 Posts

If J.C. Wagner and Doc Eason, etc. can consistently put a card under a glass
and it's just sitting there for all to see but nobody sees it until they want them to. That should tell you something.

The problem is not the size of your hand.

I still say check out "Packed Wallet". You can do that with envelopes and no wallet at all if you wish.

Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
5577 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Palming is actually easier than most amatures think it is. I agree that if the card is too wide, use bridge size. Malini had small hands that couldn't completely conceal a card, yet he palmed.
Acextreme
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Acextreme
Ok, I will consider palming. But is there a wallet that incorporates both a palming and no palming method into it? If so, which is it?

I will preferable like to have a card end up in a zippered compartment for restaurant work, but at the same time, I also want to have the choice of having the card ends up in a sealed envelope like the one in Martin Sanderson's "Corporate Close-Up" DVD if I want to. So it's kind of a 2-in-1 wallet? Does it exist?

Thanks for all your kind responses...
DanielTyler
View Profile
New user
New York
95 Posts

Profile of DanielTyler
Professional Card to Wallet sold at Penguin Magic does require palming, but only Finger Palm, which is relatively angle-free. Plus, the effect is amazing, with the card ending up folded inside the inner zippered compartment of the wallet. I love it and use it everywhere I go.
- Daniel Tyler

www.tylermagic.com
Alchimest
View Profile
Regular user
Alchimest
133 Posts

Profile of Alchimest
I agree with paultepper re Eugene Burger's routine and the use of either the BKM or Mullica wallet. I've used the BKM wallet for years and had great results. I'm not opposed to palming the card, which also works fine, but Eugene Burger's routine just works wonderful and no palming required. The only problem with Mullica wallet presentation is that the wallet has to be below the lowest spectator; that includes the small children you don't pay attention to, and the guy sitting on the floor.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3313 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Another thumbs up for Peter Scarlett's Pimpernel Notecase (actually a no-palm-card-to-wallet)

RK
Wenger MUST go!
Frank Starsini
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
12517 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-05-08 08:47, Acextreme wrote:
Ok, I will consider palming. But is there a wallet that incorporates both a palming and no palming method into it? If so, which is it?

I will preferable like to have a card end up in a zippered compartment for restaurant work, but at the same time, I also want to have the choice of having the card ends up in a sealed envelope like the one in Martin Sanderson's "Corporate Close-Up" DVD if I want to. So it's kind of a 2-in-1 wallet? Does it exist?

Thanks for all your kind responses.

Yes, please consider palming. It's not difficult. Try the gambler's cop.
try try try. In fact, here's the tip of the day for you:

After practicing palming for a week, make yourself a deal. After you do a trick for someone, palm a card for no reason and just hold it or put it in your pocket.

Then keep doing that for a while, just like classic forcing a card when you do not need to.

Palming is a huge tool. Use a light touch. Don't stick your thumb out, just stand there.

Notice that nobody cares that you even have a palm, let alone something in your palm.

Now we expect you back here in 2 weeks telling us you're a "palmer".

How do you think Bill got his name?

Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18228 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Starsinic beat me to it. Gambler's cop is the BEST palm. No problem with a small mitt and the hip pocket wallet rules as far as I am concerned.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
I do just one effect where I palm a card. But it's where I need to palm as many as 5 or 6 together!

The move I use is to have those in a group on top of the deck, out jogged a little and with a little finger pressure on the top front, they swing up into palm position.

But what hides the palming is that I them move the deck so I'm holding it in the same hand. So the hand "curve" from palming them is hidden by the hand holding the deck!

I have another good ending going on at the same time and when all attention is on that. I just put the palmed cards in my shirt pocket. Of course loading them into a wallet would work the same.

Been doing this routine for a couple years now and nobody ever notices the cards loaded in the shirt pocket since they all have something to watch that they think is the ending of the effect.

You can do great magic when everybody thinks it's over!
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5210 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2005-05-10 12:40, FTAMagician wrote:
"...But what hides the palming is that I them move the deck so I'm holding it in the same hand..."

Bend or curl the index finger of the hand holding the deck so that the fingertip touches the top of the deck. It makes the hand look natural/relaxed vs. stiff.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Quote:
On 2005-05-10 12:18, Pete Biro wrote:
Starsinic beat me to it... gambler's cop is the BEST palm -- no problem with a small mitt... and the hip pocket wallet rules as far as I am concerned.

The Erdnase bottom palm is more angle proof, no?
~Joe
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4076 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
The Bendix Bombshell Wallet is great for a no palm card to wallet. It also functions as a Himber Wallet. For the palm method, I use Steve Draun's Real Man's Wallet.
Counting On Deception www.barnowskymagic.com
The Book of Destiny http://www.barnowskymagic.com/bookofdestiny.html
Kingdom of the Red Book and DVD http://www.barnowskymagic.com/kotr1.html
21ST CENTURY COIN MECHANICS www.barnowskymagic.com
eb02
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of eb02
Get the Molika wallet with the inside wallet. No palming request, and the volunteer can hold the wallet before the production.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
the_houdini_jester
View Profile
Loyal user
Charlottesville, Virginia
264 Posts

Profile of the_houdini_jester
The magic of Micah Lasher has a good routine but I can't remember if it has palming or not. If it does you could use bridge sized cards?
All the Magic things I don't have are like the foods I've never had. One day I'll have some but I will never have all.
Philippe
View Profile
Elite user
417 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Acextrem, I have mentioned this before but can not remember where. I just love the Mullica however there is the problem of the occasional 'show' of the load. The solution I came to was to either do as ebo2 suggests, have the spec hold the wallet (I hand a sealed envelope, (containing the wallet), with the logo printed on of which ever company has hired me or just my hiring details, so no sneeky peeking by spec)or have the Mullica in rear pocket. Mercury fold the selected card. No matter how small your hand, you can palm the folded card.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
5577 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2005-05-08 08:47, Acextreme wrote:

BKM has will work but I'm not sure if you can do it with an envelope, too.

Jerry O'Connell makes a wallet that has both loading methods. You'd have to inquire as to whether an envelope can be used.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I have small hands and I tend to avoid tricks that require palming until I watched Michael Close's The Power Of Palming. Now I'm doing palming and I love it. He teaches everything you need to know and it's practice that matter not the size of your hands. Listen to Harry Murphy and other veterans of the Café, you need to try it as it's one of the most versatile tools you can learn.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
smartie_28
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of smartie_28
There are some great tips here. I may have to check out The Power of Palming.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Card to Wallet gimmick (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.280727 seconds, requiring 104 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [1] [7] [6] [6] [5] [2] [3] [9]