The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2005 entrée: Max Maven » » Non Magic Book Recommendation » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MField2000
View Profile
Special user
Hastings, East Sussex, England
590 Posts

Profile of MField2000
Well, here it is, the final day, and I have another question.

Max, may I ask for a recommendation of a non-magic book you've recently enjoyed reading?

Matt Field
Max Maven
View Profile
V.I.P.
266 Posts

Profile of Max Maven
When I'm not traveling, most of my reading is non-fiction. Haven't read anything lately that knocked me out (e.g., "A House on Fire" by John A. Jackson -- a history of the Gamble/Huff/Bell music entity that was well researched, but not told with particular flair). Most of what I read in non-magic non-fiction is probably of little interest to most on this board (would anyone really want to wade through "The Complete Journal of Townsend Harris," as I recently did?).

In fiction, I recently caught up with several of the later entries in Richard Stark's "Parker" series, which are tremendously efficient storytelling.

A couple of longtime favorites: "Call It Sleep" by Henry Roth, and "Einstein's Dreams" by Alan Lightman.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2005 entrée: Max Maven » » Non Magic Book Recommendation » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL