The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Modern Art Plans (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicalmischief
View Profile
Loyal user
Massachusetts
239 Posts

Profile of magicalmischief
Does anyone know if there is a plan or blueprints available for Modern Art Cabinet? Smile
Seems to me that death is just natures way of telling us to SLOW DOWN!
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Yes there is. It is a book called "Modern Art and Other Mysteries" by Jim Steinmeyer. You must have the book in order to perform the illusion and/or having it built.

Dealers carries and it is also available on Jim´s webpage. Price is about 65 $ and you get bonus effects.
Sent from my Typewriter
Kendrix
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Kendrix
Owen Redwine makes the best "Modern Art" I have seen. I have one of his.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Yes, Redwine´s Modern Art is a work of art. I have had one. He has some bits in it no one else does.

I don´t know about the Modern Arts built by Lanny Kibbey as I have no experience with his props. But there is one beautiful MA built by him for sale at MagicAuction. Its red and gold in color with diamond plate aluminum. Really beautiful.

What comes to rights, I am not sure whats the deal there. I know that Owen certainly is an authorized builder. With other builders I guess you get the book which gives you the rights with the illusion (not quite sure though). Of course if you have the book, you can have anyone build it.

But I can´t recommend Modern Art built by anyone else than Owen as it is the only one I have had experience with.

It is better to spend more money and invest in a MA readily built. You will get a sturdy prop with the construction details and such worked out.
Sent from my Typewriter
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
I have a Blammo Box built by Lanny Kibbey and the construction left a lot to be desired. If this Blammo is typical of Lanny's work, his props are nowhere near Owen Redwine or Chalet Magic quality. The worst part about it is that he cut corners on things that you shouldn't. Small casters (2" rather than 3"), aluminum angle legs that are too lightweight (flimsy), etc.

The description on Magic Auction of another Modern Art that was auctioned months ago seemed to confirm similar problems. The seller indicated that he had "re-cut" the doors to make them work properly and had redone quite a bit of the illusion to make it "usable."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Modern Art Plans (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL