The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ways to Produce a Message Ideas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic_streak
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
196 Posts

Profile of Magic_streak
Just wondering, have you guys been asked to produce a customised word message for your shows? Perhaps a coporation slogan or a marketing line. How will you produce that message? It must be written or printed on something so the audience can read it.

I have a few ideas, one will be to come onto stage holding a large piece of paper. Those kind they use in boardrooms. The message will be printed on it, and for the magic I will tear the paper up and it magically restores.

The second idea will be the use of a dovepan. A pan of fire distinguishes into a folded piece of paper. In it is the message.

The reason why I am not using a piece of silk or cloth with the words printed on it is because the budget is very tight and printing on these things will cost a lot.

Any other ideas from you fellow magicians??
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
The easiest and cheapest method to reveal a word or name in a magical way is some variation of the "Voodoo Ashes" trick in which ashes rubbed on your arm spell out the word. The trick and its versions are in countless magic books, it should be easy to find. The only drawback is that it will only show to a small group and it wont be really bold. Legible, yes...bold, no. Hope that helps a bit!

Ed
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
The "Goodbye Banner" found in Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic is one that you can do. You show a plain cloth or foulard. Show it's back and front then when you give it a shake a certain word or phrase is displayed in front of the cloth.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Good ol Crystal Silk Cylinder will produce / change / swap a banner with a message

You could drop in ripped pieces & restore them etc-Swap message 1 for another -Heaps of different ideas using this utility prop!!
Jim Snack
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of Jim Snack
I often perform Duke's Dye Version (from Abbotts) using two volunteers. The message is printed inside the rolled up tube.

Jim
Jim Snack

"Helping Magicians Succeed with Downloadable Resources"
www.success-in-magic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ways to Produce a Message Ideas? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL