The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » John Bannon - Dear Mr. Fantasy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
For those that havent been to the cardsection of the Café yet, you can order Mr Bannon's book now directly from his web site:

http://www.johnbannonmagic.com
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
This looks interesting: I use several effects from Johns videos.
I hope this book is greater then his previous work.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2005-05-25 14:28, Kjellstrom wrote:
I hope this book is greater then his previous work.

Did you not like his previous books?
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Yes of course: my point is: I hope it's something new and not just a collection of old classics. Its very common these days to re-make old tricks that it looks like something new !!! I hope you understand my posts...
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
Yes, Its a very understandable point. It doesn't seem that any other place has a preorder for this book apart from John Bannon direct.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Yes, it's only available from John until the 12th of June, after which point you should be able to find it in all the usual places.

Kjellstrom, I can understand your point in a general sense, but I think Bannon has a pretty solid history of releasing quality material.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I was fortunate enough to read an advanced copy of this book - need I say more than BUY IT! Also, you should be aware that my understanding is that John will NOT be reprinting it so once this print run is sold out it is GONE! And it will sell quickly. Great material, great production, etc. in the typical manner of John Bannon. John will be at LVMI premiering this book at which point it will be available from your favorite dealer as of June 12th. John rarely lectures anymore so this is an event you will not want to miss. I STRONGLY recommend this new book.

Tim Trono
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
Quote:
On 2005-05-25 23:30, Magicsquared wrote:
Yes, it's only available from John until the 12th of June, after which point you should be able to find it in all the usual places.

Kjellstrom, I can understand your point in a general sense, but I think Bannon has a pretty solid history of releasing quality material.

Actually you can pre-order at http://www.thats-impossible.com as well...
about the same price actually
John sells it for $35 including postage within US...and the site I mentioned sells it for $31.50...not covering postage
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Thanks for the info Peo. I just ordered a copy from John's site. Based on his other books I'm sure this one will be good too.
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
Hey, do I just request John to sign the book at "message to seller"???
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Here is the book full content :

"Dear Mr. Fantasy Book by John Bannon

To those who like card magic, this is John Bannon’s first collection of close-up magic in over a decade!

Dear Mr. Fantasy is 200 pages, hardbound, and illustrated with over 70 photographs. Dear Mr. Fantasy is all about card tricks. It contains nineteen card tricks and other asides. All tricks with unprepared cards, most completely impromptu.

Dear Mr. Fantasy includes:
Iconoclastic Aces
Syncopated Aces
Interrobang Aces
Line of Sight
Final Verdict
Cull De Stack
“Two Classics”
Beyond Fabulous
“Mark of the Fabulous”
Dead Reckoning
Out Of Touch
Dawn Patrol
Degrees Of Freedom
Origami Poker
Perfect Strangers
Wait Until Dark
Last Man Standing
Trait Secrets
“Dave’s Game”
The Power Of Poker
Dear Mr. Fantasy will be available mid-June."
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
I like Bannon but I was a little bummed this is only card tricks. I love his coin stuff in Impossibilia and Smoke and Mirrors. Plus it has a bunch of 4-Ace tricks and variations on assemblies, two plots I've never been very fond of. I think I'll wait until I can get a detailed review. OF course he has a great track record and I'm hoping for the best.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
What skill level is necessary for these effects?
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2005-05-29 13:45, equivoque wrote:
What skill level is necessary for these effects?

I guess we know when the book is in our hands.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Quote:
I guess we know when the book is in our hands.

Good point but at least one person got a peek at an advance copy so...
KidMagic87
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of KidMagic87
Does anyone know if he's shipping them as the orders come in, or will he be shipping them out on June 12?
Zap
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Zap
John Bannon, from Genii Forum:

posted May 28, 2005 06:28 AM
Quote:
The response has been tremendous. The orders are being filled as quickly as possible but, due the sheer quantity, next day mailing was not possible. About half the orders received so far were mailed out on Friday. The rest will go out on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday).

Thanks again for your interest and support.

John
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Mine arrived today. So far I've read the first and last routines, and to be honest, if the rest of the book turned out to be filled with blank pages, I'd still feel like I'd gotten my money's worth. "The Power of Poker" is just effin' beautiful. Can't wait to read the rest.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
10cardsdown
View Profile
Special user
Out There Somewhere
664 Posts

Profile of 10cardsdown
Got mine today, looks good as I quickly leaf through it. The section on "principles" really interests me. Thanks John! Smile
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I got my signed copy of Dear Mr Fantasy in the mail today (that was fast), and read briefly through it. Looked very interesting, so I have decided to spend the weekend with this book. Many, many usefull ideas on old classics like Triumph, Ace Assembly, and Dr Daley's Last Trick just to name a few.

By the way, he mention in the foreword: "This is not CARDZILLA; that opus will have to wait a while. This small project is a little more personal, a little more expansive, a little more conversational, and, in places, a little more stylized than a traditional magic "cookbook." The type of book I'd like to read."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » John Bannon - Dear Mr. Fantasy (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL