The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Sankey's Greatest Hits (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Is anyone else looking forward to this set (due out this Wed. June 1st from what I heard)
I know I've heard comments here and there about how it's just a way to make money since he's not making money off "the very best of" set, but Jay said that these are going to be his favorite effects. I'm interested to see what he puts on there. Honestly, I felt that there was quite a bit of stuff in "the very best of" that just wasn't very good. Don't get me wrong, it was worth the money and there was some awesome stuff in there, but for being "the very best" I did not feel that it was actually his "very best" and I'm hoping this one will be. Maybe it will include items like dough, airtight, killer key, some of his actual "very best"... and I'm sure Mr Clean Coin Across of course.
Dann
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
I love Jays idea's but want Rev. Card magic supposed to be Jay's best stuff?I guess the addition of the coin part will be cool. I thought the first very best was great. Hopefully this will be better.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I'm curious too. Since I own VBO, and a few others, I doubt there will be much on there that I will need. However, I would be curious to see what his 10 new effects are.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2005-05-29 21:14, in flames wrote:
I love Jays idea's but want Rev. Card magic supposed to be Jay's best stuff?

No, Revolutionary Card Magic was not a "best of" it was all new stuff.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I can't wait too.
Yours,

Ivan
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
This should be very good, I'm hoping for a lot of his older and in my opinion stronger material

Tom
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
I'm hoping for some older stuff too... maybe mix in a new trick here and there. No doubt he has come out with some great stuff recently as well.
Dann
gngorick
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of gngorick
Jay was actually selling pre-orders at the Art of Sleight of Hand Convention. He said that it will include some of his favorite material, as well as some old and long lost footage (appearances on TV, talent shows as a kid etc.) I can't wait.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
When I asked Jay whether I should buy the Sankeytised VHSs, he advised me to hold because of these. I would assume airtight and paperclipped are in there.
Yours,

Ivan
timofy
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of timofy
I would love to see sankeytized material on these along with material from 100% sankey and sankey panky.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Go here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1056 for the contents.

I will have to buy Sankeytised as well, since Airtight is not there.
Yours,

Ivan
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Full content :

"Sankey's Greatest Hits (3 DVDs) - The ultimate collection for the serious Sankey fan! Highly Recommended!

"This is without a doubt the most exciting DVD project I've ever produced." -- Jay Sankey

The Effect
It's not hard to see why the magic community is so excited about this amazing set of DVD's. For anyone who wants to learn A LOT of astounding magic and laugh hysterically while doing it, this is the ultimate collection.

But Jay doesn't just teach you how to do his 25 BEST TRICKS and 10 BRAND NEW BONUS EFFECTS. In true Sankey style, he has included a TON OF RARE AND UNSEEN FOOTAGE that will have you rolling around on the ground laughing. Here's just a preview of what you're in for...
Hilarious skits
Short Films
Monologues
Interviews in Canada and Japan
Jay's earliest recorded clips
An entire stand-up comedy routine
Highlights from Jay's best comedic performances
These DVD's are jam packed with magic and bonus material that you will want to watch over and over again. If you weren't a fan of Jay's before, you will be now.

What You Get

DISC ONE: GREATEST HITS
Collect Me Not
Stirring Silver
No Jacket Required
Color Blind
Mexican Jumping Coins
Carbon Paper
Identifying Features
Fragile Harbor
Three Times Lucky
Please Don't Feed the Playing Cards
Belly of the Beast
Smuggler Aces
Forgery
Joking Around
V.I.P.
Ups & Downs
Missing Evidence
X
Tracking Device
Messiah Vanish
Perfect Timing
Hotlink
Stapled!
Fade Away
Mr. Clean Coins Across
DISC TWO: EXPLANATIONS

Somehow Jay makes the work involved with learning these effects just as much fun as the actual performance. He shows you everything you need to know -- along with the antics and humor that only Jay Sankey can deliver -- that will give you the confidence you need to perform his best effects perfectly every time.

DISC THREE: BONUS EFFECTS
State of the Union
Rolling Thunder
Mountebank Aces
Extended Credit
Boxing Ring
Spark It Up!
Hit & Run
Transient
Case of Mistaken Identity
Nowhere Coins "
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Hey niva, where did you find that? You must have searched for it, because it's not on the front page yet. What a dissappointment! There are 11 effects that are not on the very best of series, and 4 of them I already know. Then there are great effects from the very best of that are not on here (parallel Worlds, Back in time, Leaving home, PAPERCLIPPED!!!- these are the actual "greatest hits." These are the reaction getters) then there is nothing good that was NOT on VBO- no dough, no airtight, no killer key... there are a couple of tricks he gives away as free downloads and some other filler in there. but of course it has Mr. Clean Coin Across which I can get on about 20 other TAPES!!! Man, I'm going to stick with the very best of. This set really doesn't look great to me. You have to buy volume 1 and 2 just to get the explainations?!?!? I usuallly like Sankey, but this seems like a cruel scam to make money. Maybe MAYBE I'll buy the bonus material as it is on a seperate disc. I'm very disappointed. This is NOT his greatest. Ughhh!
Dann
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Oh, 2 more things. Jay also assured me that back in time and parallel worlds would be on this set and to NOT buy the Very Best of Jay Sankey. Well, I'm glad I went ahead and BOUGHT them anyway, as he did not come through on this one! I don't care to see Jay goofing around and being funny, I wanted some of his "best effects."
Ok, second, a TON of the stuff that is on Greatest Hits is the WEAKER EFFECTS from TVBO. Why would he do this? I just don't understand. Especially not including Back in Time or Paperclipped. These are among people's absolute favorites!!! WHY?!?!?! Oh the pain!
Ok. I'm done now.
Dann
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2005-05-30 01:32, Magicsquared wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-05-29 21:14, in flames wrote:
I love Jays idea's but want Rev. Card magic supposed to be Jay's best stuff?

No, Revolutionary Card Magic was not a "best of" it was all new stuff.

Your right. Funny I didn't realise this. I also have most of Jay's stuff.
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
It JUST arrived at penguinmagic:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1056
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Sounds like Sankey's is up to his old tricks again, so to speak. I'm not getting these.
~Joe
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Yeah, I'm extremely dissapointed!! (have I mentioned this?) I have been waiting for this set for well, since whenever he first mentioned it at least 6 months ago and said it would be worth the wait and it WOULD include paperclipped, parallel worlds, back in time etc etc... I just think if you're going to try to make money and divert people from buying "the very best of" it should be BETTER than the very best of... would ya think?
If he made a "Sankey's greatest hits volume 4, it should include his very very best which would include, but is not limmited to:
paperclipped
back in time
parallel worlds
practice pack
Mr. Clean Coins across (ok, so that one WAS in there (big surprise)
Killer Key
Airtight
Dough
Leaving Home
One Car Garage
Fan Mail
The Phoenix effect
Holy Moly (with appropriate hardware)

I know there are more, but just read through the Café about people's favorite Sankey tricks. You never hear magician's saying "wow! That trick Belly of the Beast is just incredible! I get such great reactions and that one "hotlink" Incredible!
Then what about Collect me not, identifying features, and smuggler aces. Sure, these are good routines, but not worthy of being included on his "greatest hits." I really think these should have been left out of this one. Besides, I already have these in the very best of.
Well, my complaining is done for now. I just can't believe the disappointment with this one.
Dann
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Oh wait! My complaining should not have stopped there. What about this quote:
"This is without a doubt the most exciting DVD project I've ever produced." -- Jay Sankey
Doesn't he say that about every single new DVD he ever makes?
Last thing... I just realized this is a 3 disc set, not a 3 DVD option... in other words, I'd have to buy everything to get the bonus effects. I can't just buy disc 3. So much for that idea. Ok. I'm done talking about this topic for now...
Dann
millarhouse
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
199 Posts

Profile of millarhouse
I own "The Very Best Of", so I wont be getting this one.
I agree with stannmaple on what should be on his Greatest Hits.

Surely he must realise people will be dissappointed with this line up, especially if they are Sankey fans.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Sankey's Greatest Hits (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL