The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » 100% Sankey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy of 100% Sankey? I would appreciate any information on this as well. Thanks
Dann
gfajuri
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of gfajuri
This book is currently available from Magic, Inc. in Chicago.

Call them at 773-334-2855, or visit their web site at http://www.magicinc.net

They open at 2 PM on most weekdays.

Best,

Gabe Fajuri
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Hmmm... I can't find it on their website. Actually, they have nothing by Sankey on their site (at least when I searched for it) Perhaps I'll give them a call.
Dann
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3262 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
As far as I know 100% Sankey is OOP even if the book is advertised in magical shops.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
Yes it can be order from magic chicago. They have it in stock but you have to telephone order it from them.
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Cool. Thanks. Any idea on the cost?
Dann
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
221 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
If you're a Sankey fan (or even if you're not), 100% Sankey has to be in your library. This book contains "#*@! (AKA 'Folded Card in Paperclip) which is, in my opinion, one of the best ideas he's ever come up with. It may be THE best, but he's got so many good ones that I didn't want to commit! Some of my favorites are:

*Dough: Great non-gimmicked version of pencil through bill.

*Wrap It Up: Chewed gum goes back in time, visibly changing to a new piece in its wrapper, as you toss it in the air!

*Cut & Re-strawed: A regular drinking straw in a wrapper is cut & restored. Very clever.

*Outside In: A crumpled bill is tossed at a coin and the coin vanishes. When the bill is opened up, the missing coin is found inside. Even if you don't use this exact effect, the method has many applications.

*Stirring Silver: Quick and visual finger ring on spoon routine.

* A Fold In Time: His original signed card under wristwatch.

These are just a few of the noteworthy routines, but there's really not a bad idea in the book. To me, that's the most fun about Sankey books and vids - ideas. You may not be able to use everything you read or see of his, but it will certainly get your creative juices flowing. Oh well, I think I'm getting off topic here, but definitely hunt this book down (along with Sankey Pankey, all of his vids, all of his notes, etc!) Take care...

Chad
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Thanks Chad! I will look for it. You are correct that this book would be worth it for these effects alone. I've searched the internet and have found nothing, so it looks like this shop in chicago is my best bet. I'll check it out.
Dann
sawrath
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
29 Posts

Profile of sawrath
Hi everybody,

I'm after a copy of this book. Anybody have one for sale?

Many thanks,

Steven
gfajuri
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of gfajuri
Steven,

Magic Inc. in Chicago still has copies available, so you can contact them at http://www.magicinc.net or 773-334-2855. Last time I was there, they had at least 12 copies left at the original price of $30 (or so, I could be wrong on that).

Best,

Gabe Fajuri
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
Yes its $30 plus $7.5 for shipping.
jeanink
View Profile
New user
France & Reston, VA
1 Post

Profile of jeanink
Is this book a Hardbound one or a Paperback or simply a kind of lecture notes style...?
hp
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of hp
Here is my review. My copy is hardbound. Don't know if this is still available new but it is great resource.

This book from 1990 describes the effects of a young Jay Sankey. I actually saw Jay lecture on a number of items from this book more than 20 years ago. Jay’s picture on the dust jacket actually shows a good head of hair.

I can’t go over every item in the book (though I can list them). Richard Kaufman writes and draws clearly and the items are well explained.

Definitely recommended.

Here are my notes on the effects [after removing notes relating to explanation of method)…

- Definitely Warped (Card Warp-ish, single card with rubber band)

- Wild Thing – Jumping Gems with folded playing cards

- Going for Broke (spoon bending/breaking off of bowl/restoral)

- The Mexican Jumping Coins (coins move hand-to-hand and one back to purse)

- Exodus (sugar vanish)

- Cut and Restrawed (cut and restored straw) – need jacket on

- Trio (Cards – two mates stapled together find chosen card stapled in middle, excellent descriptions of T***Ov** P**s and less good description of R****e P**s

- Maaatchbox – remove one match from matchbox, then drawer is stretched to double length

- The Company One Keeps – a favorite of mine; spectator twenty dollar bill changes to one; then two one dollar bills change to another twenty

- #*@! – chosen card to paper-clipped card in full view

- A Fold in Time – spectator folded card appears beneath wristwatch

- Fiery Reunion – broken and restored burning match

- Dough – another favorite of mine; pencil through bill and Post-It; bill OK, Post-It punctured

- Balancing Act –trick with prepared chopsticks

- Breakout – four jacks placed in wallet or envelope; card selected; jacks appear reversed in deck, under card box, in card box, and under spectator’s hand; chosen card appears in wallet/envelope

- Wrap It Up – disappearing gum taken from mouth

- Identifying Features – bill exchange of signed dollar with dollar with corner torn off

- High Hoe – Matrix-ish routine using four ¼” dice.

- Ring Around the Collar – borrowed finger ring vanishes at beginning of act, reappears at end knotted on tie; for formal shows

- Quartertime – prepared two-dollar bill changes to four quarters and a one-dollar bill

- A Business Transaction – signed chosen card ends up stapled to business card

- Outside In – coin vanish explained similar to David Williamson’s S******g Vanish

- Tying the Knot – Borrowed bill folded around borrowed ring is pulled off of knot then immediately put back on.

- Spookey – two keys are unlinked from key ring, then re-linked.

- Mass Consumption – three of four coins disappear and reappear

- Where There’s Smoke – signed card found singed or two selected cards, first found singed, second found in lighter

- Homebodies – coin to pockets ; good descriptions of Marlo and Rosenthal c***k passes and the wonderful H****r Vanish

- Gift of the Magi – deck instantly gets wrapped in giftwrap with a ribbon

- Sterling Silver – anther great trick; I remember how floored I was when I saw Jay do this years ago. Effect is ring comes on and off spoon over bowl
smullins
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of smullins
Take a peek at The Definitive Sankey collection. Most of the effects have been republished there with added notes and credits.
Shawn Mullins

VISIT www.Facebook.com/YouthfulMagic

-There will be raffles and more to come!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5530 Posts

Profile of motown
The book is hardbound.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » 100% Sankey (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.148436 seconds, requiring 44 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [3] [0] [6] [5] [7] [8] [8] [7]