The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ron Jaxon's Bill Burner (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I was doing some searching for more of the clear cigarette lighters and look what I stumbled on. The exact light I've been looking for has been recalled. Click the below link and look at the lighter on the far right in the image. It's the perfect lighter for the bill Burner trick.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml01/01120.html

Go figure.. Smile

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
This is a jaw dropping vanish of a dollar bill. I fry people everyday with this.
One second it is rubberbanded around the lighter the next second it's gone,only the rubber band is still around the lighter!

Always in my pocket.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'm so glad you like Bill Burner R.Roth.

Let me share a few of the ways I've been using it lately.

Bill in cigarette
This is pretty much self explanatory. If you're a smoker (and I'm not suggesting you smoke). A cigarette is a perfect place to make the bill travel too when using a lighter.

Bill in Straw
This has nothing to do with the other trick I'm working out with a bill and straw but here's a way to use (Bill Burner Clear) with a straw. The bill is borrowed and rolled around the lighter and held in place with a rubber band. You Pick up a clear straw and use the lighter to melt the ends closed. Display the bill on the lighter in your hand then close your fist around it. Use the straw like a magic wand and make a wave over the lighter. Open your hand and the bill has vanished from the lighter. Bring their attention to the sealed straw and they see that the bill is now inside it.

Bill in Mint tin
I use those little altoids mint tins for this. The method is the shuttle pass method used in other bill or card in box effects. What I like about the mint tin is that when you do the shuttle pass, mints come out of the box too and creates the perfect illusions of the bill falling out. It's easy to steal the real borrowed bill from your pocket as you put the lighter away.

Well, I just thought I'd share some of those routines I've been doing with it. I came up with them after the E-book was released.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
themartyr
View Profile
Regular user
ca.
105 Posts

Profile of themartyr
Havent prepared the gimmick yet but this looks like its going to be a lot of fun. Cool effect for that anytime magic.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2005-11-18 00:23, themartyr wrote:
Havent prepared the gimmick yet but this looks like its going to be a lot of fun. Cool effect for that anytime magic.

Do it. It looks like pure magic.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
R. Roth, you changed your nickname? or have multiples?

Ron, I like that idea of using bill in straw. That could be done with a signed bill, right? It would also make a great give-away to have a bill inside the straw with sealed ends.
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
MrClue
View Profile
New user
Germany
31 Posts

Profile of MrClue
Greetings all,

first off, this effect and the idea behind it rocks. Thanks again, Ron.

So here is my story about it:
finally after searching for the apt lighters, I constructed the gimmick and after a while of practice I presented the effect to my wife.
When the bill was gone, she was so utterly suprised, that she grabbed the lighter (!!) because she could not at all believe it.
How could this happen ?! The gimmick looks perfect. I almost fooled myself the first time.

Maybe my mistake was, that I only wanted to vanish the bill, and not make it appear somewhere else. Was that the wrong premise for this effect ?
Is a pure vanish for this effect maybe 'too perfect' ?
I made sure, that there was no challenge in the routine either.

If you like, pls advise. Very much appreciated.

Thx,
Stephan
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'm glad you like Bill Burner Stephan.

Sorry that happened to you though. I do suggest you do something else with the bill after you vanish it. Because as you said the vanish is so compelling and impossible that they can't help but to want to find a solution. Here's a couple of suggestions.

After the bill vanishes go into your pocket right away to get something. It can be something to use to make the bill reappear or something for an entirely different trick. While you're in your pocket ditch the gimmick lighter and pull out a duplicate (ungimmicked) lighter with a rubber band around it. So they'll think it's the one you just used to vanish the bill. Then casually drop it on the table as you look in another pocket for what ever you are looking for. If you do this very casually the non-gimmicked lighter will be on the table by the time they decide they want to inspect the lighter. So you're ahead of them.

If you like you can add a little humor to this. After the bill vanishes act surprise that it's gone and say, "Oops, I lost your bill. Do you have another one? "As you say this you go to your pocket as if you're looking for another bill and do the lighter switch then.

These suggestions are for situations like you described where the bill will not be reproduced. Or not reproduced right away. A borrowed bill is usually returned in most cases so it's best to move onto the production or impossible location right after the vanish.

I hope that helps.

Ron Jaxon

johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
WOW...great trick, just got it and I can't wait to make it. Funny thing I just saw a bunch of these lighters a couple weeks ago and can't remember where, Ghar!!!

This is truly brilliant thinking, Thanks Ron! Smile

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Brilliant effect Ron! Now all I need is a lighter....
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
I havent found the lighter yet either, just downloaded bottle in bottle, cant wait to construct that aswell
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
This is a steal!!
Just finished constructing the gimmmick. Look forward to practicing this, the concept really made my imagine running!!
Great work Ron!

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Thanks so much everyone. At the risk of coming off as conceited. The feed back I'm getting from this trick is almost as much of a surprise to me as Outsmokin was. In both cases I had hoped those who picked it up would just think of them as fun bits or nice effects. I knew they where both good tricks because I've been performing them for quite a wile before I released them but I never dreamed they would be so well received. I'm just saying I'm so thankful that you all enjoy them. Those of you who have ever made an Ebook available know the feeling of terror the moment you make that add page and click the save button. IF you're like me at that moment you think to yourself, "I hope no one thinks it sucks" LOL

One moment with this trick that sticks out to me is when I did it in the lecture that John Sturk mentions in the beginning of this discussion. That was the first time I ever did it in front of magicians other then a couple of friends. What sticks in my mind the most about that was the reaction to the method was actually stronger then the effect itself. Smile

Ron Jaxon

Philosophry
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Philosophry
This trick reminds me of a trick I used to do in college.

I noticed that girls with long hair often used to wrap their hairbands around their lighters when they weren't using them. I also noticed that hairbands go through fashions, with 50% of girls all having the same style band. So I bought some hairbands and wrote numbers, cards, etc. on the plastic bauble things on the end. Then bought a variety of lighters.

All I had to do now was sit down with some friends in the smoking section of the college canteen and wait. Once I found someone I knew, with the right hairband/lighter combo, I'd prepare mine and wait for her to go to put her hairband in. You can tell because girls start fiddling with their hair. I'd then put a cigarette in my mouth and nab her lighter, switching it for mine.

Then get her talking (often girls put their hair up before they leave) and finally do a trick. If you're going to see the girl later in the day, it's worth risking waiting.

The effect of having the chosen card, number etc. on someone else's hairband is nice and strong.

Less and less girls smoke nowadays and I haven't seen any put their hairbands around lighters anymore so perhaps the trick has seen it's day.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
For those who are still having trouble finding the "crystal" clear lighters. I discovered something the other day. In gas stations and convenience stores you'll find all kinds of lighters. Some of them will have pictures on them that are just stickers covering the lighter. The next time you see these take a good look at them. Some are clear lighters so all you'd have to do is remove the sticker.

Ron Jaxon

Gonzo
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Gonzo
Wow, just bought and read through this and really love it. I can't wait so I can get the lighter tomorrow and put this together. I will work on it just afer my 1st cup of coffee at work. Thanks Ron, keep up the good work
Algebra2
View Profile
Regular user
CA
156 Posts

Profile of Algebra2
Just got this, great and Outsmokin very cool..ebooks are cool
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I picked up ten of the crystal clear lighters from a gas station the other day. They usually have an assortment of colors but not often do they have crystal clear. So I picked up every one of them they had. So if anyone is still looking for the crystal clear ones let me know and I can get one to you. I only have a small number of them so Email me if you want one and I'll let you know if I have any left. I wouldn't charge anything but the price of the lighter (which is about a dollar) and shipping. So two or 3 dollars would be all. I'm not trying to make profit of these. I'm just trying to get them to those who are looking. The yellow ones work just fine though and they aren't hard to find.

I also have another trick coming out that is a perfect fit for Bill Burner because the prop fits the use of a lighter. Quite a few tricks can be done with it too and they all use objects commonly used by close up workers (bills, salt, cigarettes, cigars, cards, etc...). Just thought I'd mention this for those who want to find another trick to add to their routine with Bill burner. Every time I think I'm ready to sit down and write up the instructions another idea pops up with it.

Thanks everyone.

Ron Jaxon

kamus
View Profile
Veteran user
Silver Spring, Md
369 Posts

Profile of kamus
This is very good Ron. Thanks!
il illegetimi est non carborundum

http://www.davidkanemusic.com
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Just wanted to let you know that I finally got the E-book done for the other trick I talked about in my previous post that goes great with Bill Burner. I decided I have enough useful ideas worked out to make it avaialble.

It's called the Perpetuity Tube!

Go to my site for more details. I just added the link to the main page.

Ron Jaxon

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ron Jaxon's Bill Burner (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL