The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pimpernel Notecase VS Miller Miracle Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ritty360
View Profile
Veteran user
McKinney, Texas
385 Posts

Profile of ritty360
I am looking for a very solid card to wallet that can also house a multiple outs function. I am narrowing it down to the Miller Miracle Wallet and the Scarlett's Pimpernel Notecase...

I would like to use this for a trick that can be done with a standard HImber or Switch wallet, but also with the Card to Wallet function.

I welcome any and all suggestions. I know this has been talked about before, but I would really like to hear how other might use the multiple out function as well.

thank in advance for your suggestoins.

Andy
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Miller Miracle is NOT a card to wallet. It is a thin 4 way out wallet. It is ingenious and can fit in any pocket. The Pimpernel is also very good. If you want a wallet that gives you clean outs (4,8,16) then Miller is the way to go. If you want a no palm card to wallet with a himber option then get Pimpernel. I use the Miller as made by EvilDan and it is a fantastic wallet. For card to wallet is use either the Draun Wallet or the Hip Pocket Mullica. Either of those are great for card/billet to wallets.
ritty360
View Profile
Veteran user
McKinney, Texas
385 Posts

Profile of ritty360
How about the Star Himber?
peterscarlett
View Profile
Regular user
England
138 Posts

Profile of peterscarlett
Andy

The Pimpernel Notecase can most certainly be used as a multiple out wallet, and can hold up to 8 single sided outs or 16 double sided outs. It also does everything that a Himber does but only opens one side, it does everything a Bendix does. Go here to read the reviews: http://www.peterscarlett.com/Magic_Suppl......ews.html

Peter
Peter Scarlett
Peter Scarlett Magic
www.peterscarlett.com
caseman
View Profile
New user
Greensboro, NC
55 Posts

Profile of caseman
Let me chime in on this. I have used the Pimpernel Notecase for appoximately 8+ years and in MHO it is one of the best, most practical wallets available. You will fry people's brain with the method (if your entertaining that is) and your moves are smooth. It is not difficult to do, and the method is really, really good. I liked it so much I published a routine in the Linking Ring a couple of years ago called 3 1/2 Clubs to wallet. I give it my highest recommendation. You can't go wrong with Peter's wallet. It's worth every penny.
"Don't forget the ACES"
IanB
View Profile
Regular user
England
131 Posts

Profile of IanB
I goota say that the Pimpernel Wallet is simply the best card in Wallet around IMHO.

I've used it in conjunction with the "Dark Card" for the "Killer Kombination" routine for many, many years.

It has garnered me a fantastic reputation and is central to my competition winning, commercial close-up act.

Absolutely 1st Class !!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
Here's the problem with the Pimpernel Wallet. They sign the card, you lose the card in the deck and then you take a card out of the deck, not showing them it, and put it in the wallet. It makes no sense. It's more magical to lose it and instantly find it in the wallet.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
MagicChris, I think your explanation of the effect is a little exagerrated...To make the effect "no-palming" the move is required.

Copied from: http://www.peterscarlett.com/Magic_Suppl......_67.html

"Peter Scarlett’s PIMPERNEL NOTECASE
‘A practical hip pocket style wallet’
A Peter Scarlett creation
One effect: A wallet is placed on the table. A spectator chooses a card from a normal deck, and SIGNS the face - the card is returned to the deck which is SHUFFLED. The performer says he is so confident that he can find the card under these impossible conditions, that he will put money on it! The wallet is opened and money removed - AT NO TIME DOES THE WALLET GO ANYWHERE NEAR THE DECK - the performer removes one card from the deck and places it in a transparent window in the wallet. “If YOUR card is NOT in the wallet, the MONEY is YOURS!” The card is removed from the transparent window but proves to be the wrong card - as the spectator grabs for the money the performer draws attention to a small ZIPPERED POCKET on the other side of the open wallet - the zip is opened and the SIGNED, SELECTED is removed
ABSOLUTELY NO PALMING NO DIFFICULT SLEIGHT OF HAND RESETS INSTANTLY
A Billfold style wallet that does everything the Himber wallet does and more!
Looks like an ordinary wallet no straps no gimmicks no slides no hassle!
Real leather built to last
Complete with several routines
A utility prop with endless uses
See the Reviews.
See also “Killer Kombination” "
~joeKing
peterscarlett
View Profile
Regular user
England
138 Posts

Profile of peterscarlett
MagicChris

Evrybody is entitled to their own opinion and, I'm happy to say, yours is the first negative opinion I have received since the Pimpernel was marketed in 1994. Take a look at http://www.peterscarlett.com/Magic_Suppl......ews.html all of which are genuine reviews I have on file.

Incidentally, since when did any magic action make sense? Would any normal person turn a card over on top of the pack to show it, and then turn it back down again before dealing it on to the table? It is the performance of the action and the personality of the performer that make the it appear normal. The reason for the action is well covered in the routine of the effect.

The Pimpernel Notecase was a prop and a routine developed for performing in the real world, and this is where I and many other professional magicians have used it for many years.

Best regards

Peter
Peter Scarlett
Peter Scarlett Magic
www.peterscarlett.com
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
962 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
Magic Chris,
You have unfairly not explained the appearance of how it looks to the audience!
The audeience see that the card you have put in, is not thier card... and then their card is taken from a different section in the wallet.
It is totaly justifed in the routine.

In Magic
Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-06-11 18:17, Steve Dela wrote:
Magic Chris,
You have unfairly not explained the appearance of how it looks to the audience!
The audeience see that the card you have put in, is not thier card... and then their card is taken from a different section in the wallet.
It is totaly justifed in the routine.

In Magic
Steve Dela

What I don't like is " The audeience see that the card you have put in, is not thier card".

Why would I remove a card from the deck and put it in the wallet? I could see useing a DL and making a transpo, but not putting it in the wallet.

I'm not knocking Peter's wallet. It looks beautiful. I don't like thr routine. And, if the only way to make it work is by openly putting the card in the wallet, then I think a miracle is missed, which card to wallet or any impossible location should be.

IanB
View Profile
Regular user
England
131 Posts

Profile of IanB
In the "Killer Kombination" routine you don't show the card first before putting it in the wallet. (Which I agree with MagicChris is a little odd!!).

You wager (the money contained in the wallet) with the spectator that a "random" card that you take from the deck will be their selection.

Without giving away too much of the rest of Peter's excellent routining this justifies the use of the wallet and the subsequent placement of the card into it.

This is a far superior way to handle the use of the wallet. The miracle is not missed and it literally gets gasps when the signed selection is removed from the zippered compartment.
peterscarlett
View Profile
Regular user
England
138 Posts

Profile of peterscarlett
Magic Chris

There are several routines included with the wallet and not all require the action you are critical of. In fact, none of them include the action you are critical of as Ian quite rightly points out!

Peter
Peter Scarlett
Peter Scarlett Magic
www.peterscarlett.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-06-12 06:27, peterscarlett wrote:
Magic Chris

There are several routines included with the wallet and not all require the action you are critical of. In fact, none of them include the action you are critical of as Ian quite rightly points out!

Peter

Hi Peter!
The wallet looks beautiful. The description I always read was this:
A wallet is placed on the table. A spectator chooses a card from a normal deck, and SIGNS the face - the card is returned to the deck which is SHUFFLED. The performer says he is so confident that he can find the card under these impossible conditions, that he will put money on it! The wallet is opened and money removed - AT NO TIME DOES THE WALLET GO ANYWHERE NEAR THE DECK - the performer removes one card from the deck and places it in a transparent window in the wallet. “If YOUR card is NOT in the wallet, the MONEY is YOURS!” The card is removed from the transparent window but proves to be the wrong card - as the spectator grabs for the money the performer draws attention to a small ZIPPERED POCKET on the other side of the open wallet - the zip is opened and the SIGNED, SELECTED is removed.
It says at no time does the wallet go near the deck. I like that. But if a card is removed from the deck and brought to the wallet, then it cancels out the former statement. Instead of one card, it can be guessed that two cards were taken.

Chris

P.S. for anyone that would like to see the wallet, here's a direct link to it:
http://www.peterscarlett.com/Magic_Suppl......_67.html

peterscarlett
View Profile
Regular user
England
138 Posts

Profile of peterscarlett
Chris

Sorry, but only one card is taken.

Peter
Peter Scarlett
Peter Scarlett Magic
www.peterscarlett.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
Peter, I'm looking at it from a lay person's view. That's how I work out my routines.
The way I do card to wallet is to place their signed card in the deck. and hand them the deck. I've copped the card and bring out the wallet and the selection is inside. I don't care if the wallet or routine does or does not require a palm or cop, I want a miracle.

Chris

Craig Crossman
View Profile
Special user
Palm Beach, Florida
520 Posts

Profile of Craig Crossman
Although this thread has moved into an ongoing defense of the Pimpernel, I'd just like to bring it back to the Miller. Using my personal routine, the Miller Miracle Wallet really does let me perform a miracle.

Basically, I first table spread face up a deck of 52 cards, no repeats. It is an ORDINARY deck! They can see everything is fully mixed and shuffled, which it is. I also place the Miller Wallet in full view on the table and explain that it contains a duplicate card of one of the 52 on the table. Plus I even point out that the duplicate card is from an entirely different brand of playing cards, which it is. The face of the prediction card really does look very different than the faces on tabled Bicycle deck. This just adds to the final impact for some reason so I do it as an extra touch. I also explain that to further isolate myself from the prediction card inside the wallet, it is enclosed in one of those small gum-flapped manila envelopes.

I ask a spectator to collect up the deck from the table and hold the deck face down in a ready-to-deal position. I then instruct the person to begin dealing the cards one at a time face up onto the table. I also tell them to stop dealing the cards at any time they like.

When they do so, I ask then to deal a few more cards face up just to show that they could have stopped on some other card. This totally convinces them that they have made an openly free selection (which they have!) I proceed to open the wallet and pull out the envelope. Opening the envelope I produce the exact matching card while showing the envelope now empty.

It's VERY direct and blows them away. And it NEVER misses.

I highly recommend the Miller Miracle Wallet. Smile
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Craig, that's a beautiful routine. I've used routines similar, but the deck is gaffed. I like your presentation. Where's the best place to get this "MIller" wallet?
~Joe
ritty360
View Profile
Veteran user
McKinney, Texas
385 Posts

Profile of ritty360
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-06-12 08:26, MagicChris wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-06-12 06:27, peterscarlett wrote:
Magic Chris

Peter

Hi Peter!
The wallet looks beautiful. The description I always read was this:
A wallet is placed on the table. A spectator chooses a card from a normal deck, and SIGNS the face - the card is returned to the deck which is SHUFFLED. The performer says he is so confident that he can find the card under these impossible conditions, that he will put money on it! The wallet is opened and money removed - AT NO TIME DOES THE WALLET GO ANYWHERE NEAR THE DECK - the performer removes one card from the deck and places it in a transparent window in the wallet. “If YOUR card is NOT in the wallet, the MONEY is YOURS!” The card is removed from the transparent window but proves to be the wrong card - as the spectator grabs for the money the performer draws attention to a small ZIPPERED POCKET on the other side of the open wallet - the zip is opened and the SIGNED, SELECTED is removed.
It says at no time does the wallet go near the deck. I like that. But if a card is removed from the deck and brought to the wallet, then it cancels out the former statement. Instead of one card, it can be guessed that two cards were taken.

Chris

P.S. for anyone that would like to see the wallet, here's a direct link to it:
http://www.peterscarlett.com/Magic_Suppl......_67.html

Does anyone that has the Pimpernel Wallet also know or use John Mendoza's killer routine for card to wallet ( it's on his L&L MY Best DVD Set, VOLUME 2).
_________________________________________________________________________________
BENDIX BOMBSHELL – Two signed cards magically appear within the zippered compartment of the performer’s wallet which has been in plain sight the entire time. This no-palm routine is perfect for strolling performers.
_________________________________________________________________________________

The routining is incredible and the revelation creates stunned silience. After seeing John's routine, I imemdiately thought of Peter's Pimpernel wallet for it.

Anyone?

Chris

Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Actually Chris, for Johns routine, even he reccomends my Hip Pocket Bombshell wallet. Sorry, did not mean to hijack the thread.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-12-31 19:44, Doomo wrote:
Actually Chris, for Johns routine, even he reccomends my Hip Pocket Bombshell wallet. Sorry, did not mean to hijack the thread.

Tony, your input is always welcome. Yes, the Hip Pocket Bombshell is, well, the bomb! Performers love it and John has endorsed it for his routine ( see this thread:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

I had remembered that I didn't care for the advertised routine for the Pimpernel and was curious if folks that owned it tried John's routine with it.

Chris

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pimpernel Notecase VS Miller Miracle Wallet (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.312350 seconds, requiring 82 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [6] [6] [0] [6] [7] [3] [7] [3]