The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: Meltdown by Chris Stoltz (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
MELTDOWN by Chris Stoltz

Description:
A card is selected and signed across its face. The balance of the pack is placed into the box and the box is closed and sealed with tape, a postage stamp or anything you wish! The selected card is placed on top of the box and the magician presses lightly on the top of the box. When the hand is removed, the card has completely melted away! The sealed deck can then be cut open and the cards removed by a spectator. The signed card is found face up in the face down deck!

*This effect can be performed at ANY time!

*There are no gimmicks, in fact the deck can be borrowed!

*Audiences litterally flip when the see the card melt right through the case!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Before I begin, allow me to first express that it is my honour to review this effect by Chris Stolz. In fact, this is my first ever review in the World of Magic, please feel free to PM me should you have any comments.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For those of you who are interested in "Signed card to Card Box" effect, this is one effect which you may want to check it out.

The descrition enunciates accurately what the spectator will see during the performance of the effect. The first time I saw this clip by Stoltz, I just could not believe my eyes, the whole performance was really amazing. The premise of the card melting through the card case is sheer startling, not to mention that at the end, the disappeared signed card then appears from within the card case. Brilliant!

From the magician's point of view, the handling of this trick is very simple. Two sleights are only involved and these sleights are attainable by beginners, albeit practice would still be required. There are no sneaky move in this routine, thus, when presented well, this could be another killer stand alone effect, or as you wish, a kicker ending for your ambitious card routine

Buyers of this effect will receive a PDF File containing the method and some tips of this effect. I received the PDf file within 1 hour after payment via paypal - which I really appreciate it.

The PDf file explains the pertinent points of performance of this effect. However, the copy that I received did not contain any illustratio/photo. This is a point which I think can be improved because illustrations would greatly help one to understand the whole routine, especially on how the sleights are performed. Nonetheless, if you have had sufficient experience in card handling, the lack of illustration should not be an issue.

Overall, although this routine is fairly simple and straight forward, it has its potential to hit hard, when presented correctly. Although there are rooms for improvement in terms of layout of the PDf file, this is just a minor issue.

Henceforth, even if you are mildly interested in "signed card to card case" trick, I would urge you to check it out. At the price of USD 8, I think it is really an effect which should not be missed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My Verdict: Highly recommended!

Price : CAD 10 [ USD 8 ]
Email : chris@coolcardtricks.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Additional Note:

For your information, I PM'ed Chris regarding my doubts on certain parts of the routine and guess what? Chris, who lives in Canada - invited me who lives in Malaysia to go for a chat via MSN Messenger.

Using web camera, he showed me numerous times in super slow motion to ensure I really pick up the proper handling and fine points of the routine. When I logged out from MSN Messenger, I noticed that one hour had passed, and that was the time he spent with me.

Chris did not just sell this product, he ensured that after the product is sold, that you thoroughly understand the whole routine. I really appreciate his effort, and would like to openly thank him for his awesome "after-sales" service.
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Thanks for the kind words.

The PDF file has just been updated. It now has full color photos and the desciption has been simplified to make it even easier to learn. Also included, as a free bonus, is a reversal & switch move.

Cheers,

Chris S.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
I'll leave it to other people to gauge the worth of your card to cardbox effect.

However, the "Fan Change" that you're selling on your site for ten dollars is ancient.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: Meltdown by Chris Stoltz (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL