The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Any one done dukes di version? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Has anyone done this routine? How does it play? I am not sure I like the memory test that is described by Ginn before dukes. Is there any other tow person routines that work nice for fmaily shows?
Thanks
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
michaelrice
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
257 Posts

Profile of michaelrice
For a family situation I think David Ginn's - Duke's dye-version is great. Not only does it keep the kids entertained, but it gets the adults in hysterics. Another great one is David Ginn's - Snake Can Routine, it plays well.

Mike~
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Bill, some of the two person routines that I am currently using in my show include:

Linking Rings
Clatter Box
Comedy Funnel
Ropes Thru Person

and very occasionally, Radar Vision

There are some other threads on Duke's Dye-Version (this is a prop I have been interested in for years now, so the topic catches my eye).

Have you seen them already, or do you need links?

Here's one.

Here's another.

Yet another still.

BTW, I have used the memory test on occasion in live shows, and with the right age group, it goes well. I have seen David do this routine live back in 2004, and it was nice!

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Thanks Mike & Donald for the post. I think I will give it a try. Donald if you don't do the memory test what do you do with it? What age would you suggeest/
Bill
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Bill -

I have used the memory test fun with the 4 coloured silks (ala David Ginn) on occasion during other routines in my kid shows, such as with a mismade silk or a blendo routine. It works really well for 7-10 year olds.

They "get" the idea of mixed up names for the colours, and slight hint of sarcasm in calling the colours wrong. Pick the right kids who won't get too embarassed if they mess up, but will laugh along and play along. You can have a lot of fun. I've had children come up to me afterwards, still calling other colours wrong... they thought it was funny. They want to go home to their parents or teachers and tell them that they learned new names for the colours.

You can even still call the colours by the wrong name, when displaying the blendo-ed (not a word, I am sure) or "properly made" (no longer mis-made) silk at the end of the routine.

The younger children don't always "get" it, or remember which is which. They get more frustrated. They try to constantly correct you, even if you tell them to pretend its another colour.

I don't own Duke's Dye-Version, so I haven't performed the silks to streamer part of that routine.

Here's another idea of how to present t......reading.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Popo
View Profile
Loyal user
Valparaiso, IN
219 Posts

Profile of Popo
Bill, I use the effect often. Not in my birthday shows but in others. For a family I would talk about how people are all different but they find common ground in order to unite and become a family. Use the different colors to represent different characteristics. The orange could be the "secret ingredient" that bonds the family together, love. Then, you show how the love bonds all the differences together to make a family united.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
One thing I have done is to custom dye the streamer with a red end and a blue end. Now when you do the memory test, it seems that nothing has happened but then the multicolor is produced.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Any one done dukes di version? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL