The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Houdini Card Mystery (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
702 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Ok, first... Wow, second, buy this trick, third, Charles Gauci is a living god.... the effect popped through my door this morning from the UK's finest Alakazam.... read it, found out the soooo clever secret, performed it within one hour, shocked people, I think a regular viewer of my stuff even muttered the words; "That may be the best I have seen." I love this effect. So... I have Eye to Eye, I have Body Language, and now the hat-trick of Gauci products. Don't you just love the feeling when everything you buy goes straight into your set and kills audiences...? Buy it, Learn it, Love it.

My work here is done -

regards
Ashley Turner
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4702 Posts

Profile of edh
I have never heard of this. What is the effect?
Magic is a vanishing art.
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
702 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Ok....you have a deck with 2 holes drilled through, spectator selects a card and signs it, free choice.....card is put back into the deck then deck into the box.
now the spectator threads a ribbon through the first hole. then a nut through the second hole with a bolt on the end.

You then show both sides of the box clearly showing the ribbon and bolt through the deck. Spec holds the ribbon throughout the effect.

cover deck with a silk put one hand in and remove their signed card. Impossible!!!

well made £39 worth double that ammount so clever you will perform it within 10 mins.

and YES it can be examined!!

Ashley TURNER
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4702 Posts

Profile of edh
Sounds intereseting. I will have to look into this one.

edh
Magic is a vanishing art.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2250 Posts

Profile of Logan
Ashley,

Does Charles go through how to make more cards to replace those given away after each performance?

Thanks for the great review! I am considering getting this one!

Take care,

Logan
Smooth Criminal Magic

You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.
Hansen
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
653 Posts

Profile of Hansen
I'm also interested in this one, and echo Logan's question: What do you do when all the cards are gone?
NiallTL
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of NiallTL
If the deck isn't gaffed, you could just take a new deck, and use a hole punch.
NiallTL
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of NiallTL
IMO, I would think Practise Pack by Jay Sankey (first trick in Rev. Card Magic of his) fits my style.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2250 Posts

Profile of Logan
The holes are rather large.

I e-mailed Charles and he said that the cards don't necessarily have to be signed, perhaps the signed sticker approach?

Also, does the item come with everything, i.e. Ribbon, bolt and silk?

Last question, would it be possible to replace the ribbon with a thin chain? I think that would add very much to the whole Houdini-Escapology theme.
Smooth Criminal Magic

Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3505 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2006-11-12 06:40, Logan wrote:

Also, does the item come with everything, i.e. Ribbon, bolt and silk?

Last question, would it be possible to replace the ribbon with a thin chain? I think that would add very much to the whole Houdini-Escapology theme.

Yes, it comes with everything.

No, A small chain would not really work.

If you want to do the signed card thing, you can take cards to a print shop, they can dril them with the proper sized hole.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2250 Posts

Profile of Logan
Vandy,

Thanks buddy.
Smooth Criminal Magic

Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3505 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
No prob Logan.

BTW, if you could find a piece of ribbon with a little print of chain links on it...That would be ideal.

This really is a good trick. I have it but never really get the chance to do it. Because I'm not a pro who does shows, the gaffed nature of the effect and the somewhat unusual props makes it a little hard for me to introduce. But it's a great trick and very easy to perform.

I'm surprised that this trick isn't more popular. Maybe it's because the big dealers don't carry it. But I'm sure if this thing popped up on Penguin, we'd have many threads about it here. It's a really good trick.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
crispy1970
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of crispy1970
I have had real problems in the UK getting replacement decks made.
The size of the hole is the problem, most printers seem to be able to do upto 10mm holes no problem but none to date can do 13mm.
Anybody had any luck in the UK?
Getting the card signed in some way is a must, maybe a sticker is the only way forward.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26046 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Hmmm Houdini did seem to have greater or at least longer lasting entanglements with ribbons than chains.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Houdini Card Mystery (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.402921 seconds, requiring 52 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [1] [8] [0] [5] [6] [7] [4]