The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » MP3 Tech -Wireless wizardry (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dave burgess
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of dave burgess
Anyone have any thoughts on the MP3 Tech from Wireless Wizardry as advertised in July Magic Magazine and on their website. I hope I don't start a MP3 Tech vs. VIrtual Soundman/I-Cue war but I'm looking into both and could use some help.
-Dave
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I can only speak of Wireless Wizardry and the integrity of their products and customer service. I've owned and used my original Show-Tech for over 10 years. Bought it directly from Kerry Pollack (also a D'Mug and a Cassette Prediction), and when I had a (software) problem, they promptly diagnosed the problem and reburned the chip and shipped it to me. They would've replaced it for me, but I'm capable of simple diagnostics like that. The size of the remotes and the range of their signals are second to none. Ankle transmitter works perfectly...

I've never heard anything but good comments about WW products. If you do ever have a problem during playback, you can rest assured it was a programming (on your part) error. Follow the directions while programming your music into the mini-disc and ShowTech computer, and you'll have music and SFX for the rest of your lifetime.

Can't recommend Wireless Wizardry enough.

Steve Thomas
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
DITO everything Steve said. I have my showtech for over 10 years as well and now I own two of them. Kerry and Tim are great to work with.

Truly made from a real worker for a real worker.

Ken
robertwong
View Profile
Loyal user
Calgary, Canada
212 Posts

Profile of robertwong
I too have own a ShowTech for 10 years and yes Steve is correct on the programming issues. The only problems I've ever had with the ShowTech was because of my incorrect programming. All you have to do is follow the instructions and everything works!! I sometimes forget, which is why I keep my manual with me at all times, then again you can just visit the WW website and see the manual on the net.

Kerry and Tim have always been there when I had a question in regards to the ShowTech. Their level of customer service is nothing short of awesome!!

Robert.
Colin Uk
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Colin Uk
Hi

I have owned a Mini Tech and Show Tech and about to get the MP3 Tech.

The Showtech is brilliant….Had mine 4/5 years now, had a sound chip give up twice which Tim sent replacements for.

I just ordered the MP3 Tech and waiting for delivery to this side of the pond.

Regards

Fuzzy

Hi

Just used the MP3 Tech and got to say it is BRILLIANT.

I have had the Showtech for 4 years now and I cannot be without it.

Found the showtech time consuming, copying & labelling to mindisc then having to set up the showtec in real time.

MP3 Tech….Just edit your music on the PC, label them in the order you want,
save to flash card (which is very quick) and off you go.

Have as many different shows as you want using 1 card for each show.

Get to venue and want to change show just change the card & off you go.

It is much more compact, no moving parts, just 2 leads to worry about.

The MP3 remote is not as small as the showtech and the buttons not as readable when out of site in your pocket. Small bit of tape to identify top & bottom soon sorted it out though.

Would hope a smaller remote becomes available in the future.

Colin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » MP3 Tech -Wireless wizardry (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL