The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Black Light is back in stock (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Hi guys, we are back in Australia after our lecture tour of the USA, and we finally have Sue-Anne's trick 'BLACK LIGHT' back in stock. (It sold out half way through the tour and she has to make up all the cards by hand).Here are some quotes from people currently using 'Black Light':

"I got my Black Light effect from Sue-Anne at Fechter’s and I have not stopped using it since. The response has been too good to replace it. Other tricks and the 7 effects like CSI that come with it are topical and so easy to adapt to any situation. It’s like having the ultimate adaptable magic effect at your fingertips. The best part is that the main prop hangs innocently on your key ring until you are ready to do some magic. Talk about packing small and playing big." - Rolando Santos (Linking Ring Reviewer)

“Sue Anne Webster’s BLACK LIGHT is a practical, convenient way to add killer new visual effects to your card magic repertoire. WARNING: This ultraviolet magic has been proven to generate applause from amazed audience members!” - Joe M Turner (Genii Reviewer)

'Black Light' is only available from http://www.magicunlimited.com/BlackLight.htm

TIM ELLIS
TheFish727
View Profile
New user
Tarzana CA
96 Posts

Profile of TheFish727
Yes I was lucky enough to get this effect at Ellis and Websters last tour at the Magic castle and it is a great idea and it comes with many effects so there is something for everybody
munch1215
View Profile
New user
California
77 Posts

Profile of munch1215
I also bought Sue-Anne's "black light" and it is has many very powerful effects. It is much cheaper just to buy a "secret message set". In one of those sets, you get a small, portable blacklight and an invisible ink pen and make it yourself. The advantage of buying it from Sue-Anne is that it comes with many good ideas, pre-made gimmicked cards and a very stylish blacklight.
Look deep within yourself for inspiration
TheFish727
View Profile
New user
Tarzana CA
96 Posts

Profile of TheFish727
Yes the idea that are included is the real treasure of this effect
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Thanks for your comments guys. Sue-Anne spent quite some time sourcing the bits and pieces that come with this effect.

The Black Light itself is not the cheapest you can get on the market, but it is the classiest looking. She could have saved a few dollars by going plastic, or getting the 'secret message' lights (which, as we discovered, aren't all "true black lights"). The Black Light you get with the set is metal, comes with spare batteries and a nice blue cord so you can wear it around your neck if you like. (She even looked at a portable black light tube, but it's actually not as powerful a Black Light as the one supplied with her trick).

The pens!!! She went through so many different Black Light pens and tried all sorts of different inks. Because playing cards are plastic coated, some ink wouldn't dry properly on the cards, some dried but was easy to see even without the light, others would wash off if any water got on the cards. She settled with a more expensive ink and a particular pen and draws on each card herself. (Another manufacturer was trying to print them using stamps and machinery but simply couldn't do it. The ink kept eating through the stamps or coming off the cards and smudging). The CSI trick, which has fingerprints on the card, added more problems. The ink Sue-Anne ended up using is toxic and should not come in contact with flesh (unlike the UV stamps you get at nightclubs as pass outs... which will print on flesh safely, but not on playing cards). So, after trying all manner of non-toxic inks, Sue-Anne ended up having to use the toxic ink on her hands to print the fingerprint cards you get in your 'Black Light' sets.

The seven tricks you get with Black Light are just the beginning! If you check on our BLOG at http://www.MagicUnlimited.Typepad.com we'll be printing other tricks people have come up with using Black Light as well! Take a look because they'll be appearing soon. If you've come up with any new variations let us know and we'll add them too.

Black Light is a simple idea, but one that is truly magical and really appeals to the public.
munch1215
View Profile
New user
California
77 Posts

Profile of munch1215
The blacklight is very classy and you can wear it around your neck. The ideas for the tricks are very good but you have to keep switching the gimmicked cards out for regular cards in a deck. I use it all the time and have learned from experience that you should never perform outside unless it is night time. The best place to perform it is inside and I use it all the time. People have told me that the blacklight is their favorite trick. Don't leave the gimmicked cards out in the sun because the ink will start to show and if left out for a while will shoow permanently which will ruin the purpose. Again, I strongly recommend purchasing this product. People love it.
Look deep within yourself for inspiration
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Great tips munch. Thanks!
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Here's an interesting variation on BLACK LIGHT from Rolando Santos:

Did an interesting variation with the CSI effect. I talked a waitress into letting me a pen and draw a card on the top of her hand. Then during dinner I was talking about ghostly impressions on people and how they can attached themselves to certain receptive people. My dinner partner selected a card from a deck I “had purchased that day at a yard sale from a family that had a haunted house.” I” selected ” the waitress ( she was not our server) from several waitress did some magic--- lo and behold the card that was chosen appeared on the top of her hand. The waitress played it up just enough and ended the effect with an off hand comment that her grandmother was supposedly a relative of voodoo queen Marie Laveau and that she was always experiencing weird things in her life. It was a total ad lib on her part, but it worked great. (she got a big tip) and I had a great effect. My dinner friend is still talking about it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Black Light is back in stock (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL