The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2005 entrée: Richard Osterlind » » Your Magic Influences and Idols » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
292 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
Richard,

First I would like to say I very much enjoy watching your DVDs; the effects are strong and audience-friendly, and what I most enjoy, and in fact am re-assured by, is your embracing of mentalism AND magic. They can be made to work in the same set. I also have a number of your marketed effects, which I find of a high quality, both in effect and production.

And so to my question! I was introduced to Al Koran by a number of effects on your "Easy To Master..." series, and now own a couple of the Koran books published by Martin Breese. Presumably Koran was an influence on you, so who else in the world of mentalism and magic do you look up to?

Thanks so much,

Dan
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Daniel,

Kreskin was a huge influence on me in the 60's and 70's. I also think Doug Henning was a genius! I was lucky enough to see his show on Broadway many times.

My favorite books have always been the Tarbell Course, the Koran books, the Jinx (like Max I prefer that over PME), Corinda, Sleight of Hand and Our Magic. There is a ton more, of course, but these were always my favorites.

Personally, I never studies with anyone. I suppose that was good as it caused me to learn the hard way!

Richard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2005 entrée: Richard Osterlind » » Your Magic Influences and Idols » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL