The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2005 entrée: Richard Osterlind » » Watch routine 'incident' » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drosenbe0813
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island, NY
401 Posts

Profile of drosenbe0813
I have been using your watch routine to great effect in my show. The other day I was about to go into it at a paid show, when I looked down and realized that I had forgotten to put on my 'swatch' watch (which IS perfect for the effect.) Not to fear, after watching your DVD many times, I searched around the room and the birthday boy (80 year old) was wearing an analog watch. I also protected myself by choosing one of the few children in the room to handle the watch and I 'pushed' the stem in.

It was even more amazing because it was the special person's watch and the little boy moved the time around.

Thank you Richard for a truly great routine.
dcullen30
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of dcullen30
9 times out of 10 I will borrow a watch. it really does add to the effect.

Dan
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2214 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Yes, I ALWAYS borrow the watch now. I do have an analog watch that I wear, but I have not used it in over 2 years!
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2266 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
I have always borrowed the watch for this as it looks 100% stronger. It leaves the person with a lasting momento of that performance. Every time they look at their watch they will remember hwat magic YOU performed with it. There is also a direct link in here to PK Time from Banachek, which I always follow up with.

Kennedy
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
munger
View Profile
Loyal user
austria
264 Posts

Profile of munger
I too borrow the watch, but I look before the show who is wearing a good one
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2214 Posts

And, of course, always make sure the person spinning the watch is not the owner.
Elputty
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
111 Posts

Profile of Elputty
Richard, a question about the watch routine:

In a more informal situation, how do you write and then reveal the prediction? I love the blackboard in the show, it really hits the audience. The couple of times I've done the routine I've scrawled it on a piece of paper and then turned it over...not quite as dramatic. Any ideas?

Thank you once again, for being here, and for making my magic better than I thought it could ever be.

Adam
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2214 Posts

Adam,

I just use my little trusty center tear pad to write the prediction on! I trace over the writing a couple of times to make it as dark and thick as possible.

I try to borrow a business card, but use my own if necessary. I have even used a sheet from the pad to do it. The heavier paper of our pads makes this work easily.

Hope that answers it!

Richard
B&B Magic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of B&B Magic
Ever since reading Eugene Burger's Performance of Close Up Magic I have loved the Bert Allerton method of printing that Eugene utilizes for his aspirin tin routine. I've always written the time that way. The reaction is a bit different, usually "what does that say? Oh wow! It looks like a digital watch!".
If you write it large enough, it can be seen for further away than just printing the numbers on the paper.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2005 entrée: Richard Osterlind » » Watch routine 'incident' » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL