The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2005 entrée: Richard Osterlind » » Annemann Biographical Info » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Aron Devin
View Profile
New user
Chattanooga, TN
78 Posts

Profile of Aron Devin
Hi Richard,

Just a quick note to let you know I really appreciate all you've done for the art of Mentalism. Annemann's "Practical Mental Effects" was one of the first "magic" books I ever purchased...from Tannen's believe it or not. I have both sets of your L and L DVD sets and they are awesome! Keep up the good work.

My reason for writing is this: do you know of any other sources besides the Max Abrams book, where I could find some biographical information about Ted Annemann? I am interested in writing a biography of him and am needing to track down hard-to-find reference material or interview people that knew him, or even saw him perform. I've noticed that much of his personality can be insuated from the collected Jinx magazines but I'm looking for as many sources and references I can find concerning this fascinating man.

Thanks in advance for any and all help you might provide.

Sincerely,

Aron Devin
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2214 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Aron,

First, thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the DVD's.

I got my copy of PME from Tannen's, also. I always considered the Abram's book to be the last word on Annemann. I don't know of any other sourses where you might look. Perhaps someone reading this will offer some help.

Unfortuately, most of the people who were his peers are long gone. I don't remember anyone ever telling me they were Annemann's friends.

Sorry I can't help you there, but I wish you luck. I would love to read such a book myself.

Sincerely,
Richard
BillWheeler
View Profile
New user
Naperville, IL
80 Posts

Profile of BillWheeler
Jay Marshall wrote some very brief snippets about Annemann including biographical information in one of the issues of "The New Phoenix". These were probably cited in the Abrams book.
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
527 Posts

Profile of pierredan
There is an issue of Genii Magazine dedicated to Annemenan. I think it was January 92 or 93?
Aron Devin
View Profile
New user
Chattanooga, TN
78 Posts

Profile of Aron Devin
Thank you for the info pierredan. I'll try to find the back issue.
Aron Devin
View Profile
New user
Chattanooga, TN
78 Posts

Profile of Aron Devin
Thank you for the info pierredan. I'll try to find the back issue.
themindreader
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of themindreader
The Mind Readers (avalible from alakazam.co.uk) has a bit of info about him.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2005 entrée: Richard Osterlind » » Annemann Biographical Info » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL