The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Air Pressure Turnover help? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Juble
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Juble
I've recently been experimenting with this revelation (from Expert @ the Card Table) but can't seem to get the card to flip over consistently...just wondering if anyone had any tips?

Cheers
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1098 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Hi,

I use this all the time. Practice is the key here. You must develop sense or touch that will provide the results you wish. Instead of letting gravity provide the motivation, I have found that if you give the packet a gentle push, the card will turnover more consistently. Once you have the knack, you will find success.

BTW, learn to do it with both hands for double reveals.

Enjoy the search!

Regards,

Paul Green
BillWheeler
View Profile
New user
Naperville, IL
80 Posts

Profile of BillWheeler
Its been a while since I've done that revelation, but I had a lot of success with it holding a verdnase break under the top card.

The double reveals idea is a pretty good one, I'll have to try it out.
magicmafia22
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of magicmafia22
I've been having a lot of truble with this trick also and still cand get the card to flip over correctly, it flips over sometimes but the other times the whole deck just scatters on the floor.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3073 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Quote:
On 2005-07-16 09:33, PaulGreen wrote:
Hi,

I use this all the time. Practice is the key here. You must develop sense or touch that will provide the results you wish. Instead of letting gravity provide the motivation, I have found that if you give the packet a gentle push, the card will turnover more consistently. Once you have the knack, you will find success.

BTW, learn to do it with both hands for double reveals.

Enjoy the search!

Regards,

Paul Green

And that's all you need to know! Like how to get to Carnegie Hall. Practice, practice, practice!

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4305 Posts

Profile of Paul
I found more consistant results with not so much as a drop but a gentle toss, with a distance of between ten to twelve inches. But it is something you get a feel for.

Paul.
Many of my titles are now available as e-books from www.lybrary.com
New e-book OOPS 2 just released, check it out!
Out now, The Chicken and Egg Revelation.
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1098 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Quote:
On 2005-07-16 17:22, Paul wrote:
I found more consistant results with not so much as a drop but a gentle toss, with a distance of between ten to twelve inches. But it is something you get a feel for.

Paul.

Isn't that what I said?????

Regards,

Paul (another Paul) Green
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
If you think (APT) is difficult try the Flippant Move by Looy Simonoff.
Astonishment as Therapy...?
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1703 Posts

Profile of SIX
Is that revalation that Richard Osterlind used on one of the MIND MYSTERIES VIDEOS?
SIX
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4305 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2005-07-16 17:24, PaulGreen wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-07-16 17:22, Paul wrote:

Paul.

Isn't that what I said?????

Regards,

Paul (another Paul) Green

Lol, now I went back and read yours again, yes it is! I must read your posts more carefully Paul, it will save me even more typing. Smile
Many of my titles are now available as e-books from www.lybrary.com
New e-book OOPS 2 just released, check it out!
Out now, The Chicken and Egg Revelation.
KidCrenshaw
View Profile
Special user
USA
538 Posts

Profile of KidCrenshaw
Maybe try grabbing the whole deck iun the biddle-gripo and toss it to the other hand about 10 times to get a feel for it. That should keep at least the deck from scattering on the floor.

As far as the revelation, just thumb the card over about an inch to the right, then toss it the same way you did when you were just practicing. At that point, the only way to become consistent is to just find the correct distance for the toss between your hands to get the revolution. It will be different for most everyone since you're not really relying on technical aspects as much as you are knackiness.
"Put your faith in Providence, but always cut the cards"
BillWheeler
View Profile
New user
Naperville, IL
80 Posts

Profile of BillWheeler
Quote:
On 2005-07-16 18:31, SIX wrote:
Is that revalation that Richard Osterlind used on one of the MIND MYSTERIES VIDEOS?
SIX

No, the one on the Mind Mysteries DVD is in one of Frank Garcia's books.
Ryan Matney
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Ryan Matney
Also experiement with the amount of card that's pushed over. I usually have to push it over about half the width while some people seem to be able to get it much smaller.

The surface you drop the deck on matters too. Hard and flat is better.
www.pocket-tricks.com
The Close-Up Magic Shop
Erik J
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
416 Posts

Profile of Erik J
Where in Expert at the Card table is it? Can't find it, which page?
This signature is approved by Erik.
Juble
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Juble
Thanks guys for the feedback...I'm going to keep practicing it, I'm slowly getting there and can get it to work about 50% of the time using a very gentle pushing action and pushing the card over about 2/3rds of an inch (Erdnase recommends about 1/2). I can't remember the page no but it comes under the methods for favourite ways to terminate tricks.

Cheers again all.

Justin
BillWheeler
View Profile
New user
Naperville, IL
80 Posts

Profile of BillWheeler
Quote:
On 2005-07-18 12:12, DeFlare wrote:
Where in Expert at the Card table is it? Can't find it, which page?

108 of the Dover edition. Its called "The Revolution"

Hope this helps,

Bill
porcupine
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
195 Posts

Profile of porcupine
Marlo has some advice regarding this move to make it sure-fire. I've found it to be a very reliable solution personally. Basically, before you do the move, in a continous motion, push the top card over and clip it between your right third and fourth fingers as in the clip steal, then, with the card slightly sidejogged, drop it and let go of the clipped card at the same time, and it should turn over as per erdnase.

Cheers
Ted
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” - Albert Einstein
nooget
View Profile
New user
Albuquerque, NM
1 Post

Profile of nooget
I know people have mentioned it already, but the distance you push the card over seems to have the most effect for me. For me, less is more. About 1/2 an inch is perfect, any more and it goes off course or won't flip at all. Good luck.
joblogg
View Profile
New user
Sydney Australia
54 Posts

Profile of joblogg
I find if I hold the pack in the left hand and push over the card with left thumb till it hits the first line on a pack of bicyles, while I cover that with the right hand in the act of gripping the cards and then just drop the pack onto the table it flips easily back onto the pack,the height depends on what works best for you.
Erik J
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
416 Posts

Profile of Erik J
Found it now, hmm, just tried it, worked 9/10 times, maybe luck?
This signature is approved by Erik.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Air Pressure Turnover help? (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.217027 seconds, requiring 68 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [8] [9] [8] [0] [5] [7] [9]