The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2005 entrée: Richard Osterlind » » Many Thanks! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2214 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
As my stay here as Guest of the Month comes to a close, I just want to say "Thank You" to Steve Brooks and all my friends here at the Magic Café for making my "Guestdom" so rewarding and so much fun! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your support and your kindness. Smile

Be well.

Richard
magicuncle
View Profile
Regular user
Elgin, IL
127 Posts

Profile of magicuncle
Thank you Mr. Osterlind!!!! ....... are there any plans for a lecture tour in the near future? -Brian Carter
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
735 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Thanks so much for the stay here Richard.

Good luck with everything in the future, and most of all have fun with it.

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2443 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
This has been the most profitable week of my magic life. The information gathered would have taken months, if not years, to gather. And not just the information from Richard (which was invaluable!) but there have also been some really good posts from non-guests-of-honor.

Almost immediately, I started experimenting with some of this information, and found a strong improvement in my customers' delight and a huge (and I do mean HUGE) increase in the respect I was shown. It will come as no surprise that I've been taking notes and will be retyping those notes into a more structured format for my use.

It's darned close to getting a new Osterlind book -- and the only cost is time and effort on my part. Can't believe Richard has given away so much valuable material. (Never mind that I find it astonishing that he's sold his entire act on DVD, enabling any of us to show up at one of his corporate shows and blow the whistle. Trusting soul, isn't he?)

Richard, thank you for providing all the material, all the routines, all the lessons on how to become a great magician and/or mentalist. You've also proven that the two terms are not mutually exclusive, which hearkens back to the masters and the several Golden Ages of Magic.

*jeep!
--Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
Brian Turntime
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Brian Turntime
I also want to offer my deepest gratitude.
------

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died. - Steven Wright
B&B Magic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of B&B Magic
Well said, Chet! I've also cut & pasted my way through the notes to compile "Conversations with Richard Osterlind" an invaluable reference for the aspiring performer. Now I just need some artwork and a humorous anecdote and it's all set to go on my shelf.

Brandon
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3590 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Really a superb guest indeed. Maestro Osterlind, you have set a standard that future Guests will have a great deal of trouble living up to.

Thank you very much, indeed!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1554 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Thank You Richard, for the time you spent this week as Special Guest. I really enjoyed reading all the post and your responses to them. Your warm personality shows through in each.

Chrystal
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Richard,

Thank you again. I second what has been written above, and want to add that this Special Guest of Honor week has been the best in this Café's history.

Chet mentioned that this is pretty close to a new Osterlind book, and it would be great to see everything here collected in one.

Lee suggested in another thread that it would be great to seeing you and Banachek doing something together.
A loud YES to that to!
The two of you areoutstanding, golden examples of real professionals in every meaning of that word, and I would very much like to see that!

Sven
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Manager
Northern California - United States
4733 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Richard, what can I say that hasn't already been said? You already know how I feel, but I still want to openly thank you for working so hard to provide so much insight and information for our magical community. Yooz da best! Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3262 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Richard, you are more than welcome
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
283 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
I want to add my sincere thanks as well.

I never tire of watching your performances on the DVDs I have, nor reading your books or doing your effects. (I eagerly made up my own "Change of Mind" gimmick in British currency after seeing it on MInd Mysteries).

I look forward to all your future work.

Thank you again,

Daniel
Metius
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
175 Posts

Profile of Metius
Richard

Thanks to you for all your kindness and for all your posts that I enjoyed reading in this week and all along the Cafè as well. Smile

Carmine
Eppure una volta avetti sette in latino...(G.Marziano)
BillWheeler
View Profile
New user
Naperville, IL
80 Posts

Profile of BillWheeler
Richard

I learned a lot simply by you making yourself so available to so many questions about so many areas of mentalism/magic/life on the road/routining/everything else.

Many thanks for your efforts, and I hope your fingers recooperate quickly Smile

Bill

PS If you settle on a routine with the Magic Square, I hope it sees print eventually.
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Thank you, sir.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4169 Posts

Profile of bobser
Thanks Richard. Enjoyed it very much.
bobser.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3205 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Thank you! I've enjoyed this forum a lot too.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Fred Berthelot
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
355 Posts

Profile of Fred Berthelot
Thank you Richard for your time and expertise during your guest appearance and as a Café member.

Futhermore, thank you for your products, which have helped me on a more personal level. You, along with Bob Kohler, have had a life-altering impact on me after what has been the most difficult year of my life. For that I am forever grateful.
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2111 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Thank you Richard.

You have been very generous with youor time and input (as usual).

I plan to print much many of your insights and maintain an "Osterlind" folder of this printed material for my future reference.

Wishing you the very best in all of your endeavours.

Sincerely,

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 14 years to make
983 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Thanks Richard,

You've made me to want to be a better man.

Good Luck and a Healthy Future,

Sebastian Black
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Member P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2005 entrée: Richard Osterlind » » Many Thanks! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL