We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2005 entrée: Richard Osterlind » » Thoughts Near The End... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RLFrame
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of RLFrame
As we near the end of Richard's enjoyable visit to the Café. I have a couple of brief thoughts.

1) I still can't figure out the 'numbers transformation' trick from Mind Mysteries 1 where, after the watch routine, "8:53" is written on the black board. Moments later, when the board is picked up again for the Magazine Test, the numbers have mysteriously changed to "6:47." ( I know. I'm just a smart aleck.) Seriously, just letting Richard know that I enjoyed ... and studied very closely.. the DVD.

2) And more seriously. In my line of work, there are web sites too. By and large, working pro's in my line of work steadfastly avoid the message boards and the running joke is that people who DO NOT do it day in and day out seem to know more than people who do. It is not unique to magic message boards that some resent the sucess of others and, in the relatively consequence free environment and complete freedom that the message boards offer, use that freedom take shots at others. In my line of work, there are almost no working pros that participate any more on the message boards. They're just fed up with the mean -spriritedness. I would therefore like to thank you and Banachek and other working pros for helping us ordinary folks on message boards such as the Magic Café. I know that a number have left, and I know that you and some of the others that remain get very frustrated now and then. I just want you to know that I appreciate your Magic Café contributions and I am sure that many others do too. Thanks.
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2214 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
RLFrame,

Thank you very much for those kind thoughts. I do appreciate it. Smile

The difference in the time was due to one of the few retakes we did on the shoot.

Thanks again,
Richard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2005 entrée: Richard Osterlind » » Thoughts Near The End... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL