The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » 3 Card Monte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VMC_Alex
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of VMC_Alex
How do you do this trick. My friend owns it, but the instructions are too complicated.
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
I do it very well.

heh... In all seriousness. You can purchase the routine it at any magic shop. Or get it on video, I'd recommend Ortiz's.
VMC_Alex
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of VMC_Alex
Hmm... can you pm me with an easier explanation?
dchung
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
616 Posts

Profile of dchung
3 Card Monte is an old gambling game. There are tons of moves and versions in literature. I'm not sure which one you're talking about. However, if you want to do this seriously, the School for Scoundrel Notes notes on the 3 Card Monte are great. Also I hear good things about Daryl does the Full Monte.
Jim Morton
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Morton
Alex,

I'm a little confused. You can't really "own" three card monte. It uses ordinary cards. Your friend may own a gaffed version that he bought at a magic shop, but I'd need to know the name of the product to help you with that. The School for Scoundrels Notes on Three Card Monte are excellent at teaching the scam as it is actually used on the streets. The Daryl video is probably better for those who are beginners at card magic. The Daryl video also contains more information on gaffed versions of the trick, which might be just what you are looking for.

Jim Morton
Magicboy41772
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Magicboy41772
Daryl's video is great!
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Quote:
On 2002-10-23 19:14, VMC_Alex wrote:
Hmm... can you pm me with an easier explanation?

No one here is just going to explain how it is done. As has already been said, there are tons of versions. And if you want to learn one, you have to buy it. Then after you buy it you have to practice it.

If you are just starting out, I recommend Color Monte. You can find it in any magic shop. It is good for beginners, and professionals even use it.
Good luck Smile
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Beetroot
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Beetroot
I bought Daryl's DVD the other day. It is excellent! In all honesty I wasn't that interested in the trick as a concept - I just bought it out of interest to see what Daryl was like as a performer and teacher.

The DVD is well worth the purchase because, not only does he explain the routine, but he demonstrates stacks of other sleights and mechanism which you can use for whatever you feel like.

I'll be buying more from Daryl soon.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Theres a booklet by John Scarne
"why you can'twin "
the gambling classicthis boolket teaches most of the moves
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
tropicalpenguin
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of tropicalpenguin
I too thought I could find something on this trick that would let me perform it. I'm just talking about the basic trick. But it's next to impossible to find. However, you'd be suprised at how mauch stuff you can find online. on the bizarre board, I just posted my favorite magic websites. These have some incredible stuff on some really good tricks.
One site to add to that list is ps.superb.net/cardtrick This site is filled with stuff for card magicians of all levels. Even the hard trick index could get some of you some good things. There is a password to that index, but it shouldn't be too hard.
-the penguin has spoken Smile
-The penguin has spoken Smile

-How could 52 pieces of cardboard ever bring so much joy?
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
A good mention is Darwin Ortiz's version. Where he explains in the routine why you don't want to play the game and throws the spectators off with a (false) 'explanation' of how it works.
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
why not just go with Michael Skinner's "ultimate 3 card monte" this is the easiest, yet most powerfull, I think, 3 card monte there is out there.
you cant go wrong with this =)

-Chris
shhh..... I see Magicians.....
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
well Micheal Skinner uses gaff cards. The Three Card Monty that is used on the on the streets of New York ,Chicago etc.....
gambling hustle...I think thats what is implied here
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
VMC_Alex
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of VMC_Alex
Thanks for all the help, I'll ask him what version he has.
billhart22
View Profile
New user
Colorado
29 Posts

Profile of billhart22
Michael Skinner's version is ballistic!! It is fantastic!! More than fantastic!! If you want to hustle the streets, then go with a regular form......if you want to entertain, then go with Skinner!

Michael Skinner very rarely used gaffed cards, but this was one of his pet tricks. God knows that Michael was one of the best close-up magicians in the world. I love Ultimate Monte!

Bill
shanyuen
View Profile
New user
Indonesia
17 Posts

Profile of shanyuen
his is the best monte card I ever seen before !!!
Effect :
The magician showing 3 card (2 club , 2 club again, and ace) then all cards closed and mixed.
Spectator choose the card, and the choosen card ripped by magician and give or showing a little bit/piece of card to the spectator.
Spectator look at the little bit of card is ace.
Then all cards opened.But the RIPPED card is 2 club NOT ace !!!
I send this story to Ellusionist site and they are very amazed.

The name of this trick is THE LAST MONTE.
Cek it at http://www.mymagic.com/anderson.htm
Something is Moving...
~Albert Einstein~
antonuccio
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
132 Posts

Profile of antonuccio
Skinner's 3-card monte is all you need to perform a baffling and entertaining impossibility. Gimmicked cards that noone ever asked me to control. Yes, it's routined so well...
Regards
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » 3 Card Monte (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL