The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Shell Game Pea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24137 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2005-08-27 17:51, Andy Charlton wrote:
On the Pea Subject.

I use Bob Swadling's Shells in My bar, These are more like rounded caps than walnut shells, The sort of things a gentleman con man might have used in some colonial bar. They look great and handle well. I use SFS Street shells elswhere because they work anywhere on any surface. I use Whit's perfect Pea in both of them. I'm not a fan of Sponge peas because I like to feel exactly where th pea is, and I can control it better with Whit's pea. But I am fully aware that this is purely a personal choice, and I have no objection to sponge peas in other people's hands.

I am on a break from the bar now, but I will be back over there rolling silver foil balls to try.

My thoughts

Andy

I purchased a set of those from Bob at the Centenary. They are really nice shells. I like the case they come in.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4826 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Quote:
On 2005-08-28 05:01, leko wrote:
In the meantime I did some experimenting. With a matchbox the "accidental" flash move is not so difficult but with our 'walnut' shells . . . . I don't know if it is feasible.
It CAN be done but it will take some practice. On the other hand if the move doesn't succeed either the pea isn't seen or the shell is turned over, in both cases no big deal.

"Flash" moves can easily be incorporated. As you just learned though, this particular matchbox move is much more easily done with matchboxes than shells.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I do accidental flashes in my routine. I only do it one time during the routine but it really fries people.
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Quote:
On 2005-08-26 22:53, bishthemagish wrote:
Is this pea can still on the market?

Glenn -

I don't believe the "Candy Kiss Can" is still on the market. Denny (Denny & Lee Magic) used to have some but I think he is sold out. One may pop up on e-Bay from time to time.

Bill
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24137 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
You might check with George Robinson. I think he was making them at one time.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Shell Game Pea (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL