The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Man Walking (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
I saw Dan at Coinvention a few years back and watched him ask tons of questions while taking copious notes. He is a virtual sponge for coin magic knowledge. His Coinvanish books are wonderful. They are clearly written, easy to understand, thoroughly thought out, and well illustrated.

I can't wait to get his new DVD!
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Dan,
Best of luck with your new DVD. It sounds great. I only have your first Coinvanish book but from that alone I know the material in the DVD will be top notch.
Larry
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Any other effects on the dvd "performance only", and maybe the cylinder and coins will be explained in a future dvd?....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Joseph,

As Bob wrote above, the only “performance only” routine is Cylinder & Coins. It’s a bonus routine that is only a 2:30 min long. All the other routines are spelled out in extreme detail.

Honestly, I never intended to put the Cylinder routine on the DVD. The focus of the DVD is all walk-around coin magic that does not use tables. Most of the magic is designed to be interactive with your spectators – often having the magic occur in their own hands.

Cylinder & Coins does not fit any of those categories. It is a more formal close up routine performed behind a table.

So why is it there?

When I first met Bob Kohler several years ago one of the routines I saw him perform was his Cylinder & Coins routine. He has one of the best versions I have ever seen. At the time I was not too familiar with the plot, and it fooled me pretty bad. I could follow bits and pieces but I could not put it all together.

The routine had two big things that attracted me to it: 1. It’s Coins. 2. It fooled me bad.

So I spent the last several years thinking about the routine and working on solutions. I have more hours of practice in this one routine alone than any other coin routine in my repertoire. It has been a fun project to work on and the routine has taught me a lot. I have put together several versions of the routine. Each of them have strong points and weaknesses.

So… eventually I showed Bob my current favorite version of the routine. It is a very streamlined approach that strips the routine down to its essential components. My focus was to make the vanish sequence as direct and deceptive as I could, and have the productions seemingly come out of nowhere and hit at a rapid fire pace.

I do not want to teach this routine, especially since this plot is a pet project of mine and a constant work in progress. However, Bob really liked the routine I showed him and thought that I should let everyone see it, so he talked me into putting it on the DVD as a bonus performance only item.

Now contrary to Bob’s post above, I really don’t particularly want people to “try to figure it out.” I know as magicians we all try to do that - if you must, please don't post about it, keep it to yourself. My purpose was to share a routine that I have spent a lot of time working on, and that I really enjoy performing. My hope is that people will enjoy the performance and that it adds something special to the DVD.
Click to visit:
MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
442 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
Dan's detailed explanations leave nothing to the imagination. Nothing is left out..except the explanation for Dan's version of the Ramsay classic "Cylinder & Coins." It's performance only, but you'll love trying to figure this one out. I've shown it to some very informed magicians, no one has figured it out yet.,,,SAID BOB KOHLER!! ...........Well!! Mr. Kohler is right!!!!!

In Vegas a few weeks ago while hanging out with Bob Kohler a few days, I had the privilege of a sneak preview in Bob's unbelievable production studio. I watched in extreme detail the "Coin Man Walking DVD". I absolutely loved Dan performing his Ramsay classic "Cylinder & Coins". ....Let's just say I am one of those guy's still trying to figure it out..lol.

I just wanted to pass this along to all my friends in coin magic: No matter ,weather your a beginner or expert........the 'COIN MAN WALKING" DVD is a "MUST HAVE" for anyone and everyone who is serious about coin magic. I was absolutely impressed how fantastic and creative Dan really is, as I'm sure you will be . His coin routines are flawless along with his "explanations" you will not believe your eyes / ears!!

Guys take it from me !!! honestly ,when it comes to outstanding coin magic, I can't say enough about it.

If your into coin magic as I am and really want to see one of the best / not to mention learn from one of the best.........Dan Watkins "ALL NEW" COIN MAN WALKING DVD is the way to go.

For those of you who know me ....you guy's know I saw nothing I can't back up....

By the way Dan, Congratulations and good luck on your new DVD. You can count me in for buying one.....DAM IT Dan! I have to see your " Cylinder & Coin" routine again...It's killing me..lol.lol

MICKEY SILVER
Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
I can't wait till this one drops in the mail.
I own the coinvanish booklets, and like them a lot.
especially, 4 coins your hands is a very appealling routine.

Dan, congrats on this fantastic project
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Thank you for the kind words on what you saw Mickey. One never knows how his material will be recieved by the community when you put it on video for the world to see and critique. It is comforting to hear the good comments from those who have seen it. Soon everyone who orders one will get the chance to see it as well!

I spoke to David Roth yesterday who also viewed a pre-release copy. He also really enjoyed the DVD. He gave me a quote to use for my marketing. What an honor.
Click to visit:
canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
742 Posts

Profile of canaday
If this is good enough for Mickey, I want in! I've always enjoyed Dan's work. It should be a joy to see the video.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I just got my shipment of DVDs and have shipped out all the pre-orders. If you haven't already placed an order, head on over to http://www.coinvanish.com and I'll be happy to send your copy with free shipping via 1st Class USPS in the domestic US.
Click to visit:
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Boy I'm telling you 1st Class USPS and free this is our kinda guy huh!!! Thanks again Dan for everything and your contribution for the coinvetnion DVD is kicking my buro. The whole toss the coin but it never went wow really got me. Great job.
Okami
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
157 Posts

Profile of Okami
Mr. Watkins,

will you ship to foreign countries in the future?
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hi Dan I too had the privelage of seeing your cyl and coins with Mickey at Bob Kohlers production studio,,,,,,a couple of weeks ago . if the material on the dvds are any thing like your cyl routine,then this is a must for all serious coin workers.
As you know I dabble in coins alittle so put me down for an order I'm sure this dvd will be a tremendous addtion to my video and dvd collection
vinny
the godfatherof magic
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
mornargo
View Profile
New user
Mid West
15 Posts

Profile of mornargo
WOW! If Mr. Silver likes the coin man walking DVD ,it must be really good. I never met anyone in the World who is so selective as well as being such a perfectionist as Mickey Silver.

This must be well worth the money. Mr. Watkins,you can count on me and 2 of my friends buying one each.

Looking forward to it.

Mornargo
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Thanks for all the nice comments guys.

Okami, the only reason why I decided to limit it to US orders is three fold:

1. I have a limited amount to sell.
2. It will be carried by magic shops around the world - so international customers can typically just buy it from their local in country shop.
3. International orders unfortunately tend to get lost more often than US orders. I just am trying to limit my loss potential. I don't want to have to replace DVDs that get lost.
Click to visit:
Okami
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
157 Posts

Profile of Okami
Thank you for the honest answer Mr. Watkins. I can understand your reasons.

All the best
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I just wanted to let everyone know that I now have a Quicktime video demo trailer of the DVD online. You can view it by clicking the link toward the top of THIS page.
Click to visit:
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Has anyone here been able to view Dan's Quicktime video clip demo? All I'm getting is the Audio, but no video. I've even tried updating my Quicktime Viewer, but still only Audio.

Any help would be MOST appreciated!

Kind Regards

R J

P.S. all you guys in the U.S. are lucky you can get this DVD. I'm in Ontario, so it won't be available to me for awhile to purchase.
sullivanl
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of sullivanl
It worked prefectly on my PC, no problems at all. Try downloading it directly to your hard drive or maybe restarting your computer?
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Same as Smitty. Updated, rebooted, and just audio...........
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Just audio here.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Man Walking (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL