The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Man Walking (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
I'm having the same problem. I got a message saying I needed an update to my Quicktime software, but that the update isn't available from the Quicktime website.

So, uhh.... Where am I supposed to get it?
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Try to find/use/download the VLC-Media Player instead of Quicktime!
http://www.videolan.org/
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3025 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Bob Kohler made the demo clip. I had the same audio only and error messages when I had Quicktime 6.5, as soon as I downloaded and installed Quicktime 7.0, I was able to watch the video perfectly.

Rob, Quicktime 6.5 gave me the same error message, that the codec was not available from their server. Quicktime 6.5 was looking for the H.264 codec. That codec does not work with 6.5, only the new version 7.0. The new version is at http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

I was very impressed with the quality of the new compressor though.

Try downloading the demo to your hard drive and watching it from there after install of Quicktime 7.
Click to visit:
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Waiting for H.P. to get it here!!!
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Well, I see a number of you are having the same problem as me. Yet, I've updated to vs 7.0, rebooted several times, but still only 'audio'. Every other online demo I click to watch with Quicktime works perfect, and even did with earlier versions. Have NEVER had a problem Quicktime. Mind you, when I go to Amazon, and try to watch/listen to something from there, it WILL NOT open, no matter what I do.

My default is actually Windows Media Player, but in Amazon, it always trys to open with Winamp, and even though I have the latest version of that also, I can't play/watch anything.

Hope someone figures out this problem with Dan's link, as I'd LOVE to watch whatever I'm missing.

Kind Regards

smitty
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Same problem here. I downloaded the Quick Time 7.0 version player and rebooted my new Sony laptop a couple of times and I still can't watch Dan's demo video. It, however, did upgrade my iPod software but when I checked the QuickTime player, it still shows its version as 6.5.2.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Well, hmmm, just tried downloading 'twice' Quicktime vs 7, installed twice, rebooted twice, and still only audio. For those who are getting to watch Dan, ENJOY!

I'm heading off to our local fair right now to busk for several hours, so when I get home and am winding down, I will try ONE more time. If ONE more time doesn't work, that will be a CLEAR indication to me that I'm not supposed to see it, for whatever reason, lol, and I'll just live with that.

At least I can watch all Dan's other GREAT coin stuff on his website with WMP. It plays just fine. GREAT stuff on your site Dan. REALLY enjoying it.

Kind Regards

smitty
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3025 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Sorry guys, Bob made the trailer with a new compressor that will not work with anything less than Quicktime 7.

Maybe Apple has the wrong file linked for the new player, if you install it, it should not be Quicktime 6.5.2, it will not work with Quicktime 6.5.2.

My player says Quicktime 7.0.2b20.

I happened to download the player as a seperate item, (not bundled with iTunes). I can't seem to find that link on the Apple site now.

Smitty, if you go to "Help" and choose "About Quicktime Player" what version does your show?
Click to visit:
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
To all those that can't get a picture via Quicktime, why not follow my suggestion a few posts above?
Get VLC Player, it is free, I always use it instead of Quicktime, and there are no probs in watching that trailer.
It has/uses many more codecs then Quicktime.
It also allows to play *slow*, aso.
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5244 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Werner, thanks, that works! I can't wait to receive the DVD and see Dan's work in action.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3025 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I just had a friend download the new Quicktime and iTunes. After he did, Help, "About Quicktime Player" said version 7.0.2, and he was immediately able to watch the video without even rebooting his computer.
Click to visit:
Dredz
View Profile
Loyal user
La Famiglia! East Coast
257 Posts

Profile of Dredz
I just ordered it from Coinvanish.com. I cant wait for it to get here. Thanks Dan.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I re-downloaded the QuickTime Player 7.0 and it's working. I just watched Dan's demo and it's very interesting and top-notch coin work by Dan. I'm going to seriously think about ordering it. My question is that I'm not good at coin sleights; in fact, I can't even do most of Jay Sankey's Rev. Coin Magic effects. My fingers are short (I'm only 5'3") so I need to know if Dan's Coin Man Walking involves some difficult sleights. Thanks.
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
437 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
Hello Evolve 629 , perhaps I can help you with your question. "great question by the way"
I completely understand your thoughts about short fingers. I am only writing this because I have viewed the entire "COIN MAN WALKING DVD" in detail. Ok, Evolve, you claim your not good at coin sleights ..... WELL, this is were Dan's expertise really comes in. He explains every move in understanding detail. He takes his time , guides you through every routine with his unique instructional style. We must keep in mind, the "COIN MAN WALKING DVD" was specially put together for that very reason, to help people like you better their coin magic. I understand "YOU THINK" your finger's are short! BUT ARE THEY REALLY??
Your finger's no doubt is proportioned to your body the way they where intended to be. You will be absolutely amazed and pleased how Dan describes a difficult sleight and simplifies it. We must remember Evolve, there are really no "DIFFICULT" sleights in coin magic. There are only sleights "DIFFICULT" to understand .... "THAT'S ONE OF THE HIDDEN KEYS IN COIN MAGIC" .... AND THAT'S WHERE DAN COMES IN. I honestly ,highly recommend this tape for "YOU" anyone and everyone.
"GOOD LUCK" Evolve ..... you'll do just fine.... I Guarantee it!!!

MICKEY SILVER
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Thanks Mickey Silver for taking the time to explain the flexibility of Coin Man Walking by Dan and to give me courage to try coin magic once again. Your posting really rejuvenate my interest to study/practice coin sleights with fervent. I'm going to order Dan's dvd as I really like all of his stuff on his website. Thanks again.
mornargo
View Profile
New user
Mid West
15 Posts

Profile of mornargo
Hey 629 ,Mickey Silver encouraged me as well. He told me and all my friends that it would be a good idea to buy the coin man walking dvd. We are waiting for Mr. Silvers dvd, but it is not out yet.

Mornago
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Well, interesting Dan, I've gone to the website you recommended, and clicked on QuickTime download vs. 7.0.2, so thought I was getting that. But when I go into About Quicktime, it's only vs. 6. Doesn't make any sense, but I'm going to try ONE LAST TIME. If it doesn't work this time, I will just have to forego it.

Off to try one last time.

Regards

smitty
__________________________________________________________________________________

I've done everything recommended on here, and still, no luck. I've downloaded and installed QuickTime 7, 4 times now, but each time I go into About Quicktime, it always says vs. 6. I also tried downloading the VCL player, but it doesn't work either.

I have to now finally give up. This is getting just TOOO frustrating. I'm really glad to hear however that more and more of you are getting it to play for you.

Guess I'm not meant to see it.

smitty
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5244 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Smitty, did you really do everything recommended? You downloaded the player Werner suggested above and that didn't work?
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Well gang, finally 'success'. I had my technician over for a couple hours, playing around with stuff, and it seems there was some corruption. So, he uninstalled my WMP, and then downloaded the WMP vs. 7. It worked just fine for him, so now I have been able to watch the demo.

NICE stuff Dan!! However, I believe some of the stuff you showed 'may' require the Classic Palm; only guessing, but it looked that way. I've been trying for YEARS to learn the C.P., and just haven't found any coin to work. I thought our 'toonies' would be the perfect size, but as many hours as I have practised it, I just can't hold my hand in a 'normal looking' position while holding a coin in C.P.

It always looks like I have 'athritis' when I do this slight. Not a good thing, lol.

I haven't tried the VCL yet, but am going to try that now, even though WMP is working fine.

Now, to wait to see if either of my Ontario dealers ever stocks this item.

Kind Regards

smitty
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3025 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Smitty, yes several of the routines do require the Classic Palm, some more heavily than others. Glad you got your computer working. On the Quicktime program, maybe try uninstalling it completely before trying to install the new version.

I would also try deleting your install program and downloading it anew from the Quicktime website. But at this point... since you already saw the demo, maybe its best to leave it alone Smile

Now... has anyone actually gotten their copies of the video yet?
Click to visit:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Man Walking (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL