The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Man Walking (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Nope not but I got your e-mail I beleave Wednesday so hopefully tommorrow. that would be agreat way to start off the week. Did you ship preorders first or all at the same time?
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Well considering up until Wednesday, everything was by definition a pre-order since I did not have them yet, I shipped all orders I had at the time on Wed.

I would guess most everyone should get them this week.
Click to visit:
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Cant wait.Im about 6 hours a head from everyone so if I get mine tommorrow then ill try to post by 11 o'clock my time wich would be about 5 o'clock you guys all pending where you hail from.
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Greetings,
Sorry the windows users had a tough time with Quicktime 7. I choose to use it as the picture quality is great and you can easily see the coins even with the small file sizes on the internet. Just stretch the screen and you'll get a good idea of a small sample of Dan's work.

The real DVD has awesome picture quality and with Dan's in-depth, crystal clear explanations I think "Coin Man Walking" will be an excellent training tool for those who wish to learn coinmagic. There's something there for everybody from seasoned pros to beginners. Some of the routines are advanced but some of the most powerful magic is easy considering the power of the effect.

The main reason is Dan's brilliant handling and choreography. Dan's use of the new Schoolcraft Flipper is easily worth the price of admission. I predict this routine will quickly become a staple of everyone. It can be used virtually anywhere. I also predict a run on the gaff, so you better get one now. Just go to http://www.coingaffs.com

I also believe that Dan's explanations are probably the most important part of the DVD. He covers the points that are usually left out. I'm talking about the tiny touches that really make the techniques and choreography work. It's a lesson in itself to see how every detail has been worked out. Nothing is left to chance. The method used for each part of an effect has been chosen because it's really the best/most direct way to accomplish what's needed.

Smitty, you'll get the DVD before everybody but remember it's 2 hours and 11 minutes of information packed on a single DVD. There's a lot to enjoy and take in.

We titled the project "Coin Man Walking" but you should run to get it before you get fooled badly by those who did.

There's one last treat on the DVD. Dan's handling of the "Cylinder & Coins". It's an excellent solution. It's a performance only piece. It's not on the DVD as a puzzle but too first make you feel the power of a real fooler. But second, the performance is a great lesson in how to get rid of all of the exteraneous movements and motions until the presentation is honed to a razor sharp edge. I've shown the DVD to a bunch of pros including Mickey. It's been interesting to hear there thoughts. I won't share their thoughts but I will tell you this. To a man all of them asked when could they get a copy. The good news is it's finished and currently available from Dan, bobkohlermagic.com and the Murphy's Magic world-wide dealer network.

I truly hope all of you enjoy the DVD as much as Dan & I enjoyed making it for you.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Hey Dan: Yes, my buddy did completely uninstall the WMP first, due to finding some corruption or something. Not quite sure what, but he noticed it wouldn't play you demo, and it did say it was only vs. 6, so that is now gone completely, and I have vs. 7. I haven't figured out the VLC player yet, but will in time.

I think for now Dan, I will work on some of the ideas you share on your site. I understand all the routines pretty much, and the handling for the most point, due to having quiet an extensive library on Coin Magic.

By the way paisa23, I can hardly believe how much you look like Jay Sankey. Are you his twin brother or what, lol.

Regards

smitty
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
WOOOOOOW Are you serious?!?!? That has to be the first time I have ever heard that. nope, no relation and still have hair. Slowly getting a recieding hair line but not there yet.
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Werner asked me to share something with you all, so I told him I would. If this is 'old news' to most of you, PLEASE accept my apologies for taking up space/bandwidth with this.

But, this is just for those who may be having difficult still seeing the Demo of Coin Man Walking. YA GOTTA SEE IT, IF YA HAVEN'T ALREADY!!

While I do now have Quicktime 7 working wonderfully, I decided to try VLC player to, at Werners recommend.

Here's what I did:

Downloaded and installed the VLC player and put it on my Desktop.

Went back to Dan's website, rightclicked "HERE" for the demo; selected "Save Link Target As" ( I'm running a PC with XP, and Mozilla for a browser).

I saved the File (cmw.mov) to my Desktop.

Went back to my Desktop, right clicked the 'file', which I left, called cmw.mov, selected the VCL player, and it is now playing just fine as well.

With both the VLC player and WMP, you can stretch the screen real big, to see better the AWESOME Coin Magic that Dan is doing.

THANK YOU to Werner for his crystal clear instructions on his PM.

I think tomorrow I will call or email my magic dealer in Toronto, which is Browser's Den of Magic, and ask the 'cool' owner Jeff to order these if possible.

I believe we Canuck Coin Guys/Gals deserve to own this AMAZING DVD as well.

MANY thanks also to Bob Kohler, himself an OUTSTANDING, TALENTED Magician, for producing this DVD. I have your Golden Shells Bob, and LOVE it!! OUTSTANDING routine!

CONGRATS Dan on an AWESOME project, and THANK YOU for taping this to share your WEALTH of knowledge with the rest of us Coin Magic Lovers.

Kindest Regards

smitty

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey Paisa 23: Sure hope I didn't insult you with that question. But, I have the HIGHEST respect for Jay as a Magician/Entertainer, so the comment was most definitely meant as a 'compliment'. I hope it came across that way.

Regards....smitty
Sean Comer
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Sean Comer
Dan and Bob:

Fanastic job with the Coin Man Walking DVD. I received it yesterday. Wow. Great Job, there is just so much good information to digest. I thought my head would pop then I remembered I don't have to do it all in one day. Kudos to both, thanks.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Don't worry about it. It did. I forgot to say thanks

AARRGGHH now I really hope I get mine tommorrow.
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Dan: Just wanted to tell you I have 'just' visited and THOROUGHLY enjoyed your "Foundations" part of your website. What AMAZING shots and clear instructions you have made available. WOW!! Nice Job!!

This the best pictures and explanations I have since in my almost 28 years of magic; especially for the classic Palm, which to this day I struggle with, and the Muscle Pass, which I've NEVER been able to learn as of yet.

However, looking at your amazing photo's and reading your 'crystal clear' instructions, I am DETERMINED to once again tackle both of these sleights; mainly the Classic Palm, as there are SO MANY wonderful tricks/routines you can do, once you master this. The muscle pass, I would learn more as just a 'fun stunt' to show people. Sammy Smith showed me this years ago during a lunch break at a convention. He said it took him like 6 months I think, to master. That's dedication.

I believe one would have to have the Classic Palm mastered first however, before being able to learn the Muscle Pass.

The Retention Pass I've never had any problem with. For that, I have learned ideas from both David Roth and NEW and incredible MICKEY.

Well, I'm sure I'm taking up too much bandwidth here, so will close Dan and just say.

THANK YOU for taking time to make your site available to all us COIN NUTS around the globe.

Wishing you HUGE SALES on your Coin Man Walking DVD!

Kindest Regards

Smitty
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Smitty,

Thank you for your kind words... That Classic Palm essay has helped so many people learn how to do it right. You won't believe how many people have come up to me at conventions or lectures I attend, etc. and tell me how much that essay helped them, that they were palming wrong, and until they read that essay did not understand how to properly do it.

Regarding the muscle pass, if you do get that down, I do have a motivated use for it in my "Fingertip Coins to Pocket" routine on the DVD.
Click to visit:
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Got the DVD today..
Will watch tonight over a nice bag of popcorn..LOL...
v4c4
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of v4c4
Hi Dan:
I'm from Mexico and I just want to know if your are sending to here.

Thanks and congratulations.
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
WOW, now that I read that some of you are receiving it, I am getting JEALOUS. I already emailed my dealer today to ask him about stocking it. I'm still waiting for a reply.

I have pretty much every other Coin DVD available on the market, except for Jay's and Curtis' Palms of Steel series.

I would have been happy to buy Jay's, but 'personally' NOT interested in the foul language. Really don't know why Jay did that. I have the 'highest' respect for the man, but that stopped my order.

Anyway, for those who are watching Coin Man Walking with your bag of Popcorn, I hope you 'choke', LOLOL.

Kindest Regards

smitty
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2005-09-12 16:05, magicman1 wrote:
Got the DVD today..
Will watch tonight over a nice bag of popcorn..LOL...

Hmmm. Popcorn. Good idea!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Nope nothing yet but . I have hopes on today.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
V4c4,

I plan on doing a few lectures, depending on how many DVDs I sell at them, I *may* open up the remaining DVDs to international orders. Not sure though. This would be toward the end of the year. I just don't want to run out of them too soon.
Click to visit:
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I just received the DVD and it's great! It contains very strong material that shows a lot of thought and creativity, and handling that's well choreographed. Not only that, but Dan's an excellent teacher and provides crystal clear explanations with more detail than I can remember being provided in any other video I've seen. Great job Dan!

Larry D.

P.S. - I loved the female spectator's reaction after you performed one of the effects...she looks like she's trying to digest what just happened, like a deer caught in the headlights.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Great DVD. Got mine yesterday and pulled it out of the mailbox as I was heading to bed with a bout of food poisoning. It was nice to have something to watch as I was laying in bed and the routines are killer and explanations thorough.

Also good to see the interview with Jamie Schoolcraft. If I didn't already have his flipper, it would have forced me to run out and get one immediately.

I concur, the Cylinder and Coins was very well done. I will try and post a more thorough review in the DVD Review thread when I get a chance. Hard to lay in bed and type on the laptop.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2005-09-13 08:06, Larry Davidson wrote:
I loved the female spectator's reaction after you performed one of the effects...she looks like she's trying to digest what just happened, like a deer caught in the headlights.

Well that's good, I thought maybe it was boredom Smile

I will say, it is definitely more difficult than I thought to perform for people behind cameras. They are very aware that they are on film, so they react a little guarded I think.

Plus if any of the routines needed a retake – you are getting the reaction from the 2nd time through. Tougher than I thought, but I rather have a more subdued reaction than some of the L&L over the top hysteria some of their spec's have.

I think the most fun routine for my female spectator was the "4 Coins, Your Hands." A lot of laughter, I like fun stuff like that. That also happened to be the first time through, I didn't need a reshoot on that one.
Click to visit:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Man Walking (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL