The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » A Night At The Ritz?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
http://magicmax.com/item.php3?id=1000
Can anyone tell me about the above mentioned BIL. I would also like to know how it compares to other BILs.

Thanks, Mac
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
If they are serious about their money-back guarantee I don't see how you can go wrong? Just buy it and if it honestly does not live up to your expectations, take them up on their guarantee and get your money back. I'd say it's pretty good if they're willing to go that far out on a limb. Good luck.
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
373 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
I wonder if this is a new method?
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
It states that it is in "Pre-Production." If you are serious about purchasing this item, you should inquire as to when it will be ready for production and delivery. You do not want to spend $375.00 and wait six months or a year for it. Also note that you have 5 days to return the item. Does the 5 days begin from the shipment date or from the actual arrival date?

By the way, why would you place a lemon on a candle stick holder?

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Lol! A $450 Bill in Lemon!!!???

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Sounds good but any thing electronic scares me after my experience with the Pro Viper.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I actually enver had any problems since the Pro Viper but I certainly understand and agree with your hesitancy in purchasing anyhting electronic, especially something as expensive as this item. The Lemon Game is a fool-proof, non-electronic entertaining bill in lemon method. I do not see the need for moving candle stick holders (aka Chaplin's/Tilting Candle), etc. for this type of routine.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I'm a big fan of keeping it simple. To me, the Eason/Spill version is all you need. I have the lemon game and it's ok, but to me, it's overpriced. Any bill in lemon routine can be entertaining if you take the time to routine it properly. Night at the Ritz sounds entertaining, and unlike Lemon Game, you are actually getting some electronics which makes the price a little more justifiable, but the big question is whether you need all the extras. To a spectator, they sign a bill, you vanish the bill and then you cut open a lemon and produce it. That's what spectators will remember no matter what version you use. The Ritz ad (and ads for similar bill in lemons recently) all make a big deal about no TT's, the lemon is in full sight, etc. But in reality, those only matter to magicians. Spectators don't care if you use a TT because they don't even know what one is let alone that you can use it to vanish something. So all the extra bells and whistles are nice, but really only matter to magicians who are familiar with other methods. Spectators don't care if you spend $400 on the trick or $25 (as in the Eason version). If you want all the extra do-dads and impossible conditions etc., spend the extra $, but just know that you really don't have to.

Eric
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
Well . . . after read the effect I must confess that looks really impossible! Sounds very good indeed.

From the point view of the public this effect is very, very Magical and very, very comercial for any magician.

In fact, I would love to hear some review about it.

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Looks like they took the effect off of the website...hmmmmm...sneaky?

Regards,
Mike
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
373 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
Here is the new link:
http://magicmax.com/product_info.php?products_id=1000

After seven years from my original post...I really wonder if anyone ever bought this and has a review.

Nick
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
I never bought it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » A Night At The Ritz?? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL