The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » "New Posts" Not Resetting » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris Calabrese
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
44 Posts

Profile of Chris Calabrese
You guys may be aware of this but I don't see a post about it anywhere. When I get here it shows anything posted since October 24th as having a "New Post," regardless of the fact that I've read those posts and visited dozens of times since the last post in those threads was posted. I have cookies set up correctly (it always shows me "logged in" when I arrive here) so I don't believe the problem is on my end.
~ Chris Calabrese ~
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Chris: you shouldn't be logged in when you open the Café page. When you end your session, click the log off button. This should updated your new messages. If you still have trouble, try clicking on the keep me logged in button when you do log in. This may not be the total answer but it has resolved some issues in the past especially if you are using AOL or IE6.
Dave
Where the magic begins
Chris Calabrese
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
44 Posts

Profile of Chris Calabrese
Hi Dave. Prior to a few days ago the new messages would reset 15 minutes or so after I entered the Café. The messages not resetting seems to be a new development. I haven't changed anything on my end so I assume it's a problem with the Café software, although if I'm the only person that's encountering this problem it could be on my end. phpBB shouldn't require you to log out and in to reset the new messages, but I'll give it a try anyway.

Now where did I put that password... Smile
~ Chris Calabrese ~
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Hi Chris. I was just offering suggestions based on previous problems I've seen sent in. I know my messages don't reset until I log out. I experimented until I found something that worked. If you find something that works, be sure to let us know.

Dave
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » "New Posts" Not Resetting » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL