The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Review: Paul Wilson's Martini (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Here's the advertisement:

"The spectator names any card. They name any number from one to fifty two. Guess where there card is? Paul’s amusing presentation brings this powerhouse effect within anyone’s reach. When the time is right, the spectator deals to the cards and finds their thought of card exactly where they wanted it! Absolutely no sleight of hand - just a devilishly simple approach. This is one of Paul’s favorite routines for any audience.

Difficulty: Beginner to Intermediate"

Obviously, this is Paul's take on the "Any Card at Any Number" card effect. The PDF file explaining the routine is available for instant download at rpaulwilson.com. Just click the Circle Of Confidence tab on the left side of the page. The cost is only $5.

Let me begin by saying that this is a clever approach to this popular plot. There is no sleight of hand, but you will have to practice to get it to flow smoothly and there are some mental calculations involved that will definitely turn some people off. Also, it is not an anytime, anywhere effect. Although the deck is not gaffed, there is a setup involved.

Paul's wonderful routining helps disguise the method of the trick, but you should be aware that it's not as simple as it sounds in the advertisemtent above. The spectator does not simply name a card and number and immediately count down to reveal the selection. Honestly, this is probably not something I will ever perform, but I'm sure Paul and others can make this trick kill. Maybe it will work for you. It is only a $5 investment to learn a simple, yet effective approach to this plot.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
This is something I wouldnt really reccomend for begginers. Like caleb says there is mental calculations involved. The book does explain things pretty clearly though.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
How would you compare Paul Wilson's Martini with Danny Garcia's C.A.A.N.?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Review: Paul Wilson's Martini (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL