The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Radical Fish (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Anyone else out there (other than the Peapot boys that is) juggle fish?

I've had a set for a couple years now and am finding them difficult to keep up in 4-5 work....I THINK it's because they are so light.

I have Dube Euro's and have always loved them, but they, to me, are a bit heavy...

So what's the middle ground?

Prof. Piper
:juggle:
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
coleman
View Profile
New user
lahn-dahn, yoo-kay
34 Posts

Profile of coleman
I learnt to juggle clubs with fish Smile
most of them are broken now.

henry's delphin (long) are kind of inbetween these two clubs in terms of speed of spin and weight.

if you live in the u.s., I'd recommend emailing 'renegade juggling' and telling them exactly what you're looking for - they should be able to suggest a club set-up to suit your needs.

personally, I use henry's pirouettes for all of my club juggling (although my 5 clubs is barely at the flash stage right now).

cole. x
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Thanks Cole...

I've never juggled Henry's, but they may be worth a shot.

I'll get in touch with Tom and see what he can figure out for me...

Prof. Piper

P.S...I'm only flashing 5 now as well (on RARE occasions)...I've been working balls heavily lately and it has consumed me...I forsee a more dedicated examination of clubs as the season slows down here though and would like to be ready with clubs for next year.
coleman
View Profile
New user
lahn-dahn, yoo-kay
34 Posts

Profile of coleman
Season?
where do you work then prof. piper?
do you perform magic as well as juggling?

or maybe this is a conversation better suited to pm's... Smile

cole.
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Check your mail Cole...Sent you a note.

Nice to meet you by the way.... :8):

We have friends in the yoo-kay...If we're ever over there we'll have to look you up!

Prof. Piper
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
U use fishes and they work just great on 4. I don't flash five but I big diameter on the center "ball" but I have no problems with that. But I agree that they are a bit to light.
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
malini
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of malini
John Cleese: Albatross!

Terry Jones: Uh, what flavor is it?

John Cleese: Well, it's an albatross, isn't it? It's not any bloody flavor! Albatross!

Terry Jones: There's gotta be some flavor, I mean everything's got a flavor...

John Cleese: All right, all right! It's bloody albatross flavor! Bleedin' seabird, bleedin' flavor! Albatross!

Henry's Albatross Euro Clubs - very hard to find, but worth their weight in gold. I lovers my Albatross Euro's.
itshim
View Profile
Elite user
Milton Keynes
417 Posts

Profile of itshim
Henry's Albatross are a nice club but with a body that is probably wider than the radical fish, they are also a lot heavier. Pirouettes are lighter and thinner. For any person buying clubs you should go to a juggling club or convention and try a few different types before you buy. http://www.jugglingdb.com lists both! If you are in the UK then one of the best and most relaxed conventions happens every September in Bristol (This year 17th to 24th September) but there are conventions everywhere so look around.

Nigel
I knew a man who kept saying "pliers, pincers, scissors". He was speaking in tongs.

www.itshim.co.uk
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I've always used Fish and I've juggled now for about 10 years on and off.

I'm not a big fan of the new Fish though. Beard changed the mold a couple of years ago and they haven't been the same.

Henrys anything are always a good way to go.

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Is 'fish' a term for an item that is juggled? I have been cursed with the inability to juggle, wish I could, but am not sure what you mean by fish.
Steve V
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Steve
Fish refers to a new different shaped juggling club.
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
itshim
View Profile
Elite user
Milton Keynes
417 Posts

Profile of itshim
Hardly new any more. I was selling Radical Fish clubs 10+ years ago. For those who have never seen one go look at http://www.butterfingers.co.uk under clubs. Then buy some stuff from Laurie and he might buy me a beer next week!

The design allegedly lends itself to bouncing the clubs off of walls, the floor etc. and the weight is conducive to juggling higher numbers. Anyone breaking the clubs by bouncing them off of floors etc. should not blame me.

Nigel
I knew a man who kept saying "pliers, pincers, scissors". He was speaking in tongs.

www.itshim.co.uk
magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
Quote:
On 2005-08-26 10:11, Professor Piper wrote:
Anyone else out there (other than the Peapot boys that is) juggle fish?

I've had a set for a couple years now and am finding them difficult to keep up in 4-5 work....I THINK it's because they are so light.

I have Dube Euro's and have always loved them, but they, to me, are a bit heavy...

So what's the middle ground?
Try beard clubs. there about in the middle for ya. BTW fish are great!
Prof. Piper

itshim
View Profile
Elite user
Milton Keynes
417 Posts

Profile of itshim
Quote:
magic is what I do!

What is the point of posting that in an area of the forum devoted to juggling?
This is the magic Café so I guess everyone here does magic in some form. Some of us aren't limited to just one form of expression however.

Oh and btw magic is what you say you do, tricks is what you do. Magic is what goes on in the mind of the audience.

Nigel

www.itshim.co.uk
malini
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of malini
You're a nice man.
fingerflinger
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
57 Posts

Profile of fingerflinger
I switched over to Radical Fish juggling clubs a number of years ago. I really like the way they handle, and generally prefer a lighter weight club. The only reason I can think of for picking up my conventional European or American clubs is if I would want to practice helicopter spins off my forehead...
Stephen Wilbury
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Stephen Wilbury
Play Px-7's are great
Stephen Wilbury
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Stephen Wilbury
There are some great old peapot videos called "Radical Club News" up on youtube. These were OLD VHS tapes which they just threw up online. There is also 3b different ways which is a must watch for any ball juggler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvcBvm68eiI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Radical Fish (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL