The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Icarus Effect » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..24~25~26~27~28..37~38~39 [Next]
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
"Laci ,If your In the Video business as you stated In your post many threads back"

Tophatter I never stated that I'm in the video business. Show me where I did.
You angry now because I didn't told you the secret in PM when you asked me in Pm how the heck I found out?

"Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I get impression that English is not your first language, and I was guessing that maybe your commnents come out a little more bluntly than you would have wished that time because of that."

This is true Lane and thank you for point out for this. English isn't my first language. All I wanted to see one nonedited video where I can see a clean walk away on the last levi. Still didn't saw any. I never said that "don't buy it". It is everyone choice.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2005-10-27 00:17, truthteller wrote:
I am puzzled as to why this case is different in magic. Lane suggests potential buyers should know how the trick operates prior to purchasing it...can you think of anywhere in the history of magic retail where this was standard operating proceedure?

Brad

Yes......oh wait, no.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Laci , You said you saw something In the video & I wanted to know what you saw. I was not looking for the method. I don't know what gave you that impression. I beleive you said In one of your threads you see how the video Is edited.Why don't we Just go half on It. Ha Ha .... My english Is very good Thank you.
tophatter
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
I suspect Lane was suggesting that because the price of Icarus Effect is a little higher than the average Street Magic type effect, that, like buying a large scale, expensive illusions such as a sawing in half or Origami illusion, a prudent buyer would do his or her homework and have a pretty good idea of what they were getting before spending the money.

In reality, I don't think that means you need to know the complete workings of an effect. Sometimes there is a certain joy to be experienced in buying something and being pleasantly surprised at the methodology.

- entity
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Even still, that philosophy is very flawed as I am sure that many illusion purchases are done with OUT knowing the workings of the illusion, especially if it is something new to the market, or an update on an older illusion.

Similar to how this is something new to the market. Either way there really is no excuse to need to know how it is done before you buy it. And as for an unedited clip? Why? This was by far one of the better "editted" demo videos I've seen in a LONG time. Although it has edits of multiple clips, it sill shows the entire UNEDITRD effect. Several times. The limitations have also been pretty well established, so what else o you need to know.

I really just can't stand it when people see something and they love the way it looks, but are too "disappointed" with the method to actually use it, so they thik it's bad.

Obviously if it accomplishes what it does, and in this case, an many, it does, the what does it mnatter how it is done, as long as it CAN be done. Sure there are different situations where it is simply not at ALL practical in most or any performance situations, but some of the excusses I hear are just sad.

Especially with the likes of self lev's and Card through windows. People get too finicky about them not being practical enough and yet they are talking about self lev's, something they should know going into are angle sensitive, and card through window's, which require to be set up, and are thus limited to where you have them set up.

I swear it's like people expect to be able to do something like these effects anytime anyplace at the drop of a hat. We know going in that this is NOT the case. Why the hell do some of us get so worked up and disapointed when we find out how they work?

What did you expect, real magic. Sometimes that seems like it would be the only way to appease some people, but then they would probablybe ****ed that they didn't have a fully impromptu alternative as well. Smile
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Entity, Just sent you a PM. I wrote down for you my version. I would be happy if you post here (so everyone can see) if the method is similar or different. Because if it different I can do with my version what I want. If it different I will release my method for free. All they have to do build it. But if the same or very similar then I don't care the whole thing anymore.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Then why the hell would you be releasing it if it is different? Also sounds like just a scam to see if you are right. If you really didn't care about the whole yhing anymore, then you would just leave rather then comming here and saying, "hey I may give out a free compatition to your effect, meh so there."

Seriously, it just sounds rude.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
Totally agree with gdw

Releasing a method, different or the same, for free destroys any similar effect for everyone. If a layperson thinks lay know the method, even if they are wrong, as far as they are concerned they are right. Releasing a method on a public forum is really sad, where are the ethics???

Also remember that Chris Angel is releasing his version, why not email him and ask if your method is the same as his? Im sure he will jump at the chance to tell you (sarcsim)
yoyomagic
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of yoyomagic
Hi all

I am new to this thread in fact new to the whole webstite.

I have to say that after watching this thread build over the last month a decided to purchase the effect direct from Aaron, I live in the UK and received it yeaterday in the post. I spent the afternoon watching the DVD included and then the rest of the afternoon practicing. Normally the 1st person to see any new tricks is my fiance and yeaterday was no exception. Basically to sum it up I blew her away, she looked at me in a very funny manor for at least an hour. Never before has she begged me to tell her the secret. Was very amusing. I will be doing this effect over the weekend for people I am meeting with and will post agian on Monday.

All I have to say is I know that I will have a lot of fun with this and urge anyone who enjoyed the demo video to purchase this and have as much fun as possible with it. EVERYTHING YOU SEE IN THE DEMO YOU CAN DO!
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
Quote:
On 2005-10-27 11:41, yoyomagic wrote:
EVERYTHING YOU SEE IN THE DEMO YOU CAN DO!

It's amazing how many times this has been said, yet people still insist on seeing more videos. This thread is really starting to annoy me. There is plenty of info on this effect to tell whether it is for you or not. If you want it, get it, if you don't, stop posting pointless comments.

Oh, and welcome yoyomagic.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Can you guys check out This thread? I have not gotten ANY answers. Basically, I want to know if you can use the E2 with the Icarus to achieve much more hight without using a step.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2005-10-27 11:41, yoyomagic wrote:
I live in the UK and received it yeaterday in the post. I spent the afternoon watching the DVD included and then the rest of the afternoon practicing. Normally the 1st person to see any new tricks is my fiance and yeaterday was no exception. Basically to sum it up I blew her away, she looked at me in a very funny manor for at least an hour. Never before has she begged me to tell her the secret. Was very amusing. I will be doing this effect over the weekend for people I am meeting with and will post agian on Monday.

??? Let's see; You got it yesterday, watched the dvd, built it,(although you didn't say that), practiced it, and performed it for your girl, all in one day.....Must really be easy to do?......
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
mikep
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
327 Posts

Profile of mikep
To answer your question Jordini, No.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Laci:

It seems my suspiciouns were correct. You ARE one of those people who attempts to reverse engineer the ideas of others.

Why not use your time and talents to come up with something original?

It seems you are angry with me for taking you to task on your previous posts, and at the buyers of Icarus Effect for proving your assertions of video cheating wrong, and now you want to take your animosity out on the inventor and all of those who have properly paid for this illusion, by releasing your off-base, reverse-engineered version for free.

Sad. Come up with your own ideas.

- entity
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

I just want to tell this is my last post about it. Entity wrote me back and said is it similar. So I don't care anymore. I wish them luck with this effect. Please don't ask me about the method.
KevinKM99
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of KevinKM99
Laci200: "I just want to tell this is my last post about it."

-- From all of us at The Magic Café, THANK YOU.
KevinKM99
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of KevinKM99
Now that we got the nay-sayers out of the way (as much as we can), here's a question for owners of the effect: How far away can the specs be when doing a flat-ground levitation? Would it be better they stand closer to the performer? From the various demo videos floating around, this seems to be the strongest looking version of the effect.
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
I just recieved mine yesterday. I haven't constructed the gimmick yet, but from what I saw on the dvd, I was completely blown away by the method. I never would have thought of that at all.....well maybe eventually, but I am still very glad that I got this. I will be constructing the gimmick over the weekend when I have some extra free time to do so. And for those who say you can't walk away after the illusion, yes you can....and you are clean both before and after the effect. I can't wait to do this one. I am very happy with it... is it worth the price? You bet it is and then some. I am going to practice this until I can do it in my sleep. This is by far the best self levitation that I have come across and I am proud to be an owner of Icarus Effect.

:cheers:

Phil
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
PHIL IS BEYOND CREDIBLE!!!!

Love it and let us know how it goes. I really believe your word man.

Thanks.

I got a little side tracked now I have to wait around 2 weeks to get it. Can't wait......
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Thanks for the kind words Unilogo. I'll be putting the gimmick together over the weekend and I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes. I am also going to be sure to give this the practice it deserves before even thinking about performing it in public. I would post a video, but sadly, I don't have the capability to do so. Congrats on your purchase. I know you will be happy with it. I think the method is totally diabolical.

:cheers:

Phil
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Icarus Effect » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..24~25~26~27~28..37~38~39 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL