The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2005 entrée: Jade » » Performing around the world » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
From Europe to Canada to the Princess Grace Theater, you’ve performed throughout the world. Would you share any performance highlights in your travels? Which of your performance numbers had the greatest impact on audiences around the world?
J A D E
View Profile
V.I.P.
Jade
55 Posts

Profile of J A D E
A treasured experience and memory is of my performance AFTER the show for the Royal Family of Monaco. We were dining at the Palace and I was fortunate enough to be seated next to Prince Albert. We had a conversation that was very revealing about his view on his life as a Royal Family member. Being single at the time, I managed to get Prince Albert to ask me out for a date on his yacht! I had cold feet the last second and decided to leave for Spain instead of waiting to meet up with him on the day that we decided to meet. To make a long story short, the Prince had an engagement that he couldn't get out of (so I was told) or I could possibly be Mrs. Prince Albert by now.... It could happen! But didn't. And it's all okay with me.

As for the greatest impact on an audience with my Chinese Act, I'd say I get the most remark about my Butterflies, my rice bowls, my snowstorm, and my quick change at the end.

Thanks for asking.

Jade
rboeskin
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of rboeskin
Hello Jade I would like to what part of the world was your favorite to perform for?
rboeskin
J A D E
View Profile
V.I.P.
Jade
55 Posts

Profile of J A D E
There really isn't a "favorite" per se. I loved them all! Germany and France stand out in my mind, but then again I loved working in Malaysia and Biloxi, MS equally as much! And Japan was really great too. Oh, and Singapore, Taiwan, Turkey.... I can't decide. I loved them all.

I was not the type of performer that would go to a country to just work and fly home. I always made it a point to stay one or two weeks after the gigs to explore the country or the surrounding areas. I always believed traveling the globe was the best thing I can do to expand my mind. I can't wait until my kids are old enough so my husband and I can take them overseas to do a gig somewhere.

Jade
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
And you enjoyed performed in Australia for Hobson too... *g*
J A D E
View Profile
V.I.P.
Jade
55 Posts

Profile of J A D E
Hi Tim! And of course Australia. I'd go back in a heart beat!

Jade
naturalturn
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of naturalturn
I enjoyed your beautiful act with Murray Hatfield's Canadian tour a number of years ago in Vancouver. Hope to see your act again in the near future!
www.facebook.com/RayWongMagic
When Magic Went WONG!
J A D E
View Profile
V.I.P.
Jade
55 Posts

Profile of J A D E
Thank you! The Canadian tour was a blast to do. It was my first bus and truck tour. What fun!

Jade
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2005 entrée: Jade » » Performing around the world » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL