The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Jeff Pierce's "Telepa-Three" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
FINALLY A DADDY!
6495 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Jeff Pierce has a very cool new routine called "Telepa-Three." Based on a Simon Aronson Priciple, it uses an ESP deck and has three really killer climaxes. It comes with the cards and it is easy to do but a very fun and powerful routine to perform. Your audiences will believe that you actually have ESP!

As I'm sure you can tell at this point, I like this routine a lot. I highly recommend it to anyone who performs close up.

For more info, go to Jeff's website:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn (Finally a daddy!) @ScottFGuinn
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Scott

I've ordered one so I'll give it a review when it arrives.

Thanks
Sly
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
5585 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I also was used as a beta tester for this effect. It's a great idea. I really like the fact that Jeff includes everything you need to get started.
Anyway, this is one effect I've been keeping secret because I loved it the first time Jeff sent me the first draft... now the secret will be out, but it will be a great addition to anyone's mental set... especially if they like working with ESP cards.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1239 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Scott & Greg,
Thank you for the kind words. One thing I'd like to let everyone know is this is not a quick trick that concludes in 1 minute, it's a full routine with three seperate phases that can play up to 6-7 minutes depending on how you work the audience.

Sly,
I look forward to reading your review.

Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
sardini
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of sardini
Description?
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
5585 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2005-09-22 10:53, sardini wrote:
Description?

A spectator shuffles a packet of ESP cards while you have your back to them and then you are able to predict various things from that now shuffled packet of cards. Each phase gets harder and more impossible looking.
Greg
sardini
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of sardini
Thanx.
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
Sounds interesting but the description seemed rather vague. The web-site description is more vague. Care to elaborate on the climaxes?

Thanks in advance.
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1239 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Jim, in a nutshell here is a quick description.

Your subject shuffles and cuts a set of ESP cards. They then cut a random number of cars face up and shuffles them with the face down cards.With you across the room if you like, they cut the cards to a random face up card and concentrate. You draw a symbol on your pad, it matches.

In Phase two they seperate the face up and face down cards, since they have not seen the faces of the face down cards you have them count how many cards they are holding. You write a number on your pad, it matches.

In Phase three they spread the cards towards their face and scan them from left to right. You begin to write symbols on the pad and call them out, slowly at first but end up rapidly writing all the remaining symbols on the pad.

You tear the paper out of the pad and hand it to your subject to verify that what you have written matches the cards on the table!

Telepa-Three uses a old principle with some new ideas to create mind blowing mentalism which will leave your subject knowing that you can read their mind.

I hope this helps,

Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:

Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
416 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
It sounds good Jeff. And endoresments from Scott Guinn and Greg Arce don't come lightly. After the quality of your "The King Has Left The Building... With Amnesia." I would put money on it that this is a winner.
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
Thanks for the dsescription, Jeff. Sounds very good in the proper setting.
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1239 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Your welcome Jim it does play big.

Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:

Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
5585 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
When Jeff sent me his original draft the first thought that ran through my mind was, "D-a-m-n, I wish I thought of this." It's one of those things where you'll kick yourself for not having thought of it as the inspiration for this routine is out there and Jeff was smart enough to give it an ESP spin. It's one of those that immediately makes you think on ways to tinker with it and I already have.
For the price and what he gives you I think it's worth it. You get the ESP cards, memo pad and the easy to follow instructions... plus the cards are the type that are marked so you can use it for other routines, but in this case the marks are not used.
I hate to give this away, but I can see this playing really big on stage where you bring up a spectator and sit him opposite of you at a table then bring a screen between the two of you. Imagine writing the prediction before hand and showing them to the audience as the spectator gives out the answer. I'm sure, in the right hands, this will play really strong.

By the way, for those that get it, consider the added depth of mystery if you do it with colored ESP cards... now you would have another level of predictions using the colors.

Greg
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1239 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Greg,
adding the colored esp cards is a great idea! It adds another level it. Good thinking.

Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:

Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
5585 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2005-09-26 19:30, Jeff wrote:
Greg,
adding the colored esp cards is a great idea! It adds another level it. Good thinking.

Jeff Pierce

Trust me, your effect has got me thinking.

Greg
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2571 Posts

Profile of kinesis
I just received Jeff Pierce's Telepa-three.

Here's what you get for your cash.

An 8 page illustrated manuscript
A deck of 25 ESP cards in a pvc card wallet
a 3" x 5" spiral bound notepad

The instructions are well written. Sit with the cards in front of you, and you wont go wrong.

The three phases (exactly as outlined by jeff in a post above)follow a logical progression. Each phase is stronger than the last with the final phase bringing the effect to a natural conclusion.

The 3 phase effect is very clean. There are no sleights and although the cards are marked (I never noticed that until a minute ago) a marked deck is not required for this routine. From a spectators point of view, everything is under their control leaving no possible way for the magi / mentalist to know or predict the outcome of each phase.

Jeff has combined simple principles to create a startling 3 phase routine. Oh, and I love the name 'Telepa-three' (LOL)

I would strongly recommend this effect, well done Jeff.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

www.derekheron.com

FACEBOOK
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1121 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
This definitely sounds interesting. I look forward to hearing more reviews and probably getting this sometime soon.

Caleb
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of slydini62
I received Jeff Pierce's Telepa-three about 5 days so I have been busy working on this effect.

Here's what you get with it:

- A very well written illustrated manuscript
- 25 ESP cards in a plastic wallet
- A small spiral bound notepad and you'll need to provide a sharpie!

The instructions are very well written. I just read the instructions and had the cards in front of me. It worked out extremely well!

This three phase effect is so very clean and is an absolutely killer effect!

The sleights are VERY few in numbers through the whole routine!. From the spectators point of view, all choices are made by them which leaves no possible explanation on how it was accomplished.

Jeff has done a GREAT job using and combining old killer principles to create a devastating three phase routine.

I strongly recommend this effect and give it a 9 stars out of ten!

Great job Mr. Pierce and keep up the good work!
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1239 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Kinesis, Thank you for the review, and more importantly coming up with the name "Telepa-Three"!

Slidini62, ththank you also for your review. Thelepa-Three is one of the strongest demonstrations of mind reading in the spectators eyes.

Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:

Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
Jeff,

Is there a chance this could be offered as a downloadable effect...for those of us with the correct bits and pieces needed? I get the impression that the cards themselves could be from any number of suppliers.

Sounds a great routine...I'm very intrigued.
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
T. Eugene
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of T. Eugene
Jeff,

Unfortunately I haven’t PayPal account and I can’t buy "Telepa-Three" directly from you. Do you plan to realize "Telepa-Three" through dealers (themagicwarehouse.com or hocus-pocus)?
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1239 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Tom, The ESP cards are a standard set that just so happen to be marked.Telepa_Three will not be offered as a downloadable PDF file anytime in the future.

T.Eugene,I am currently talking with a company about distrabution so stay tuned!

Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:

Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1242 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Anyone else receive this? Sounds great! Have a review?
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2118 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
I have to chime in here and give a little review of my own.

Jeff sent me the instructions when he was developing this and later sent me the complete kit. I really love this! It reminds me of some of the older effects that were on the market years ago where the routine was carefully thought out and built as it went along.

If you are in a setting where you have the audience paying real good attention and you want a great routine that will entertain them for 10 minutes or so and end with a great finale, this is it! If this had been around before ETMMM came out, I would have asked Jeff if I could have included it.

Finally, the routine leaves all kinds of room for you to give it your own presentation. I have done it a number of times and the final phrase feels wonderful when you are doing it. You can work so clean and get so much out of it.

Congratulations Jeff on a really superb piece of mentalism!

Richard Osterlind
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
Quote:
On 2005-09-19 19:01, Scott F. Guinn wrote:

Your audiences will believe that you actually have ESP!

As I'm sure you can tell at this point, I like this routine a lot. I highly recommend it to anyone who performs close up.

Quote:
On 2005-09-27 05:34, kinesis wrote:

I would strongly recommend this effect, well done Jeff.

Quote:
On 2005-09-27 12:28, Slydini62 wrote:

I strongly recommend this effect and give it a 9 stars out of ten!

Quote:
On 2005-09-25 05:18, Greg Arce wrote:

When Jeff sent me his original draft the first thought that ran through my mind was, "D-a-m-n, I wish I thought of this."

Quote:
On 2005-10-06 11:02, Richard Osterlind wrote:

If this had been around before ETMMM came out, I would have asked Jeff if I could have included it.

O.K., I'm sold!!
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1239 Posts

Profile of Jeff
I want to thank everyone so far including Mr. Osterlind for their comments. It means so much to me that a true working professional like Me. Oterlind, Mr. Acre and Scott Guinn see the potential in "Telepa-Three".

I look forward to reading what others have to say.

Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:

Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
989 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Isn't it fair to say that this is basically The Little Bunny Card Trick or Paul Green's Jeopardy or Aronson's Shufflebored or one of the other several variants? If not, why not?

Gianni
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
I like this but due to the nature of one of the phases I feel this is definitely more of a mentalism trick than a mental magic trick. Though it could be re-worked or adapted via the use of devices (wallets, envelopes) to be a mental magic trick. But doing so may destroy the whole essence of the routine, and heck, we magicians always have the "Tossed Out Deck" or "ID" to fall back on.
T. Eugene
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of T. Eugene
Can full routine be repeated immediately for the same spectator?
Certainly, I understand that repeating is not good thing for real magic performance, but for telepathic experiments, “Alpha projects”….. nevertheless how clean and innocent is repeating?
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
It wouldn't really be practical to repeat it for the same spectator. The way it is explained in the booklet will always give the same result. Plus, it has a couple of points, which I won't reveal, that wouldn't hold up to a repeat performance.

Is a great mentalism effect. As a magician, I can't see myself putting this into my act. As mine is in pristine condition I will be putting up for sale soon on the Café. PM if interested.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Jeff Pierce's "Telepa-Three" (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.294462 seconds, requiring 100 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [1] [9] [7] [5] [1] [4] [9]