The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi Everyone! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Smile Smile

Hi Everyone!

My name is Mary Boonenberg, and I'm the resident Tech Help here at the Cafe. I'm a beginning magician as well, from Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Being retired, I spend alot of time building websites and helping other folks with theirs. That's how I came to meet and become friends with Steve, and subsequently, meet the rest of the Magic Cafe family.

I've been here at the Cafe ever since its debut. Actually, a little before that.

I helped Steve install the scripts and the database that run this board. I also help Steve out from time to time with some of the technical aspects of running a message board.

Lately I've been helping Mya as well, with the spelling and grammar editing, and clearing out all those "Edited By..." notations.

This can be "dangerous" work, I've found - I've recently been bitten by the magic bug! I'll have lots of questions for all of you before long! When I learn new things, I jump

in with both feet, so get ready! Smile You'll probably get tired of hearing from me asking so many questions! Smile

My primary interest at this point is entertaining children, namely a couple dozen neices and nephews. My thought is, if I'm any good at performing magic (there are medical issues to overcome), I'd like to do volunteer work at shelters and homes for the aged. The idea appeals to me.

I'm glad to be part of this community - you all seem very helpful and friendly, and I hope to be able to contribute meaningfully

as I learn more about performing magic.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Gotta watch out for these guys - they can be addictive! Smile

Mary

Always do right.This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Prophet
View Profile
Regular user
Caledonia, NY
184 Posts

Profile of Prophet
A very BIG Welcome into magic and an even bigger THANKS for helping get this wonderful place up and running smooth. Smile

Yours In Magic

Mike
Yours In Magic

Mike

Smile
If you are new to Magic check out my article
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462185&forum=41
Duct Tape is like the Force. It has a dark and a light side and holds the universe together.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
A very big hello and official Welcome to The Magic Cafe family Mary! Your technical help and advice has been priceless! Smile

It's nice to know that along the way we managed to spark your interest in the art of magic and illusion that we all love so much here, but I'm sure there are those here that already sensed that. Smile

There will always be those that wish to rain on your parade, so never leave home without an umbrella...
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
We wouldn't be here without all the help you have given (and Steve's crazy ideas). I sincerely thank you for helping fuel this obsession for all of us crazy magicians.

Thank you nice lady Smile

Smile
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Glad you came out of the closet Mary!

Everything about this site is first class and this BB is not the easiest thing to set up. After visiting here for a while, I took a look at the PHPBB for another project, and it takes a bit of understanding to get it chugging along as smoothly as this one does.

Congrats on your efforts. And Thanks too!

Glad you found that technology and magic fit together. I think the understanding of "processes" and Logic help alot in Magic.

Thanks again and Welcome!

BroDavid

If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Davro
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
319 Posts

Profile of Davro
Hello Mary,

Anything you want to ask, just ask!!

Regards, David Smile
Best Wishes, David
<BR>
<BR>Mid way this way of life we're bound upon, I woke to find myself in a dark wood, where the right road was wholly lost and gone.
martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
562 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
Mary:

A hearty welcome and a big thank you for all your work in helping bring this BBS to all of us who enjoy using it.

-Marty
Kenz Krazy
View Profile
New user
Kent in the U.K
74 Posts

Profile of Kenz Krazy
You will have lots of late nights I do Smile
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Thanks for the very warm welcome! It's great to be a part of the Cafe family. Many thanks to Steve for bringing me on board!

Ichazod: You're very welcome, nice man!

BroDavid: If you like this board, wait till you see what's in store when we move to the "permanent" server - I think you're all going to love it!

Mary B. Smile Smile
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Welcome Mary, and another great big thank you for the fantastic job you've done here.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Welcome aboard, Mary.

And don't worry about us getting tired of hearing questions; for me, it hasn't happened in more than 50 years, so t'ain't about to happen now! Smile

Also looking forward to sharing some views on working homes for the aged and seniors' residences; I do some of that fairly specialized field and would like to swap some ideas.

cheers,

Peter Marucci

showtimecol@aol.com
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Smile Hi MaryB! Smile

Welcome to the "Magic Cafe"

It's GREAT to have you here!

As everyone has said Thank you soooooooo much for all your help, Smile

We couldn't have made it this far without you! Smile

:kiss:

Enjoy the Cafe!

Mya Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Bengi
View Profile
Veteran user
Georgia
309 Posts

Profile of Bengi
Welcome Mary!!!!

Glad you decided to take the leap into the wonderful world of magic! You'll never regret it.

And good luck in your adventure! Don't worry about asking a lot of questions....there are plenty of people here who are more than willing to help.

Bengi Smile
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Mary, glad to see you here! Don't hesitate to ask questions. After all, that's how we learn! But, heed my warning...magic is addictive...very, very, addicitive!! But, it's also a lot of fun! Smile

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Hi Mary!

Thank you so much for all your hard work, and your sincere messages. It is so nice to have you with us!

Your hard work is appreciated!

Sincerely,

Steve Smile
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! And feel free to ask me any questions you may have about this message board. Smile

:banana: Smile Smile Smile Smile

Smile Mary B. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi Everyone! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL