The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Andy Nyman's Dice Man (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11813 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Looks like some here are ditching the die.

Where can I find the demo?
chriscox
View Profile
Regular user
London
173 Posts

Profile of chriscox
I don't use the dice any more, I let them roll and mental dice and pick a number in their head....stops any worries of a gimmicked dice.

One problem, do the Maven, pick a number between 1 and six, if they say one either say no I said between 1 and six or just say, don't got for something obvious early one, therefore it will swing them away from saying one as you've just said it. Never encountered this though.
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Good advice chris. I don't use the die either.
sir_hugo
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of sir_hugo
For a close-up effect, try having them roll the die and then "seal it into this little plastic container" (I'm sure most people on here know the effect I mean).

Now they know which number is uppermost on the die, but you (apparently) don't. You pick one of the cards and show all the others have "KILL" on them. The one remaining card has "BE NICE" and when the box is opened, everyone can verify that the die matches the BE NICE card.

On stage, this smacks of collusion but for three-or-four people, when they can all verify the state of the die before it's sealed up, I think it adds a nice extra layer.

Tom
chriscox
View Profile
Regular user
London
173 Posts

Profile of chriscox
Nice idea Tom....as long as you get a good reason for sealing it I don't sense any problem and the reaction is going to no doubt be even bigger.

I do Diceman on stage, yet it does work better close up...I think on stage it seems to get a better reaction as a quick trick, a throw away almost.
sir_hugo
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of sir_hugo
Oh yes, Diceman on stage is fine. I meant adding the sealed-up-die wouldn't be appropriate for stage.

Tom
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11813 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Okay got this ordered off of EBAY. Please let me know some testimonials of audience reactions. Im excited at the possibilites....

Thanks!

WC
kamiruaga
View Profile
New user
The Basque Country (N. Spain)
69 Posts

Profile of kamiruaga
Hi!
I'd like to know if Diceman could be adapted to another language, for instance spanish.
Best,
All those who believe in telekinesis,
raise my hand. (Kurt Vonnegut)"
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11813 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I don't have it yet but I don't see why it couldn't be used in Spanish. My wife speaks Spanish and I live in the largest spanish speaking city in the US (well maybe NYC may be num 1). Sometimes I do my effects to non English speakers.....this seems no different, in fact, I may do it for my inlaws who speak primarily Spanish.

Anyways, from what I have seen so far, there is only patter, the cards and the die (even the die not necessary). Only the secret is missing here:)

CHeers
chriscox
View Profile
Regular user
London
173 Posts

Profile of chriscox
Yeh could easily be adapted, if your audience can understand the words BE NICE and KILL then all you need to do is perform it in Spanish, otherwise you'll just need to make some cards up of your own.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11813 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Chris,

Is it difficult to make up cards with different words other than Be Nice and Kill?

Thanks,

WC
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Of course not. the cards are laminated pieces of paper.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11813 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I C, somewheres I thought I read you could adapt it but with new lamination...oh well....thanks
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2222 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On 2004-05-18 15:15, sapolice wrote:
I C, somewheres I thought I read you could adapt it but with new lamination...oh well....thanks

Buy it, then adapt the presentation by making your own cards and laminating them.

The presentations ideas are plentiful, for example, you are preforming for a single, attractive female: 5 of the cards read "slap me" and one reads "kiss me." cheesy, cheap, etc. I know, but an idea.

s
gibby357
View Profile
Veteran user
The Woodlands, TX
311 Posts

Profile of gibby357
Where can I see the Demo?

gibby
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11813 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Okay just got this and did it once....Andy describes two options for the number "one." He likes option B (the bold one). Can anyone care to PM me and tell me if this has been busted on by the spec...? Thanks..also where can I get the certain something that I will need (my cards are used)....

Thanks...Im looking forward to performing this and hopefully will be a gig getter.....

Dittos on the lamination and Andy talks about a different patter to even use with the ones provided.......

This effect beat the one and only Derron Brown for crying out loud......get it!

Got a different patter with the same cards....PM me if interested......

Well, I just had my first problem with this. I let the spectator pick up all the cards.

My suggestion is to pick up all the cards or at least the majority.

Anyone have any problems like this?
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

No
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11813 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Well, I don't recommend letting the spectator touch the cards.

Anyhow, lost the original packet and made up new ones with 8 business cards. Different words and idea.
Cost me $2 total.
gibby357
View Profile
Veteran user
The Woodlands, TX
311 Posts

Profile of gibby357
Still looking for a demo. Anyone know where I can find it?

gibby
loowhochan
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
116 Posts

Profile of loowhochan
There use to be a demo at Penguin Magic, but for some reason, they don't carry Dice Man anymore so the demo is gone.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Andy Nyman's Dice Man (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL