The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Revolution by Ellusionist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
artofmanipulation
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
121 Posts

Profile of artofmanipulation
Has anyone seen the new coin / small object vanish DVD offered by ellusionist. Does anyone have a review? Anyway, for those of you wondering how the vanish looks like, here is the link http://www.ellusionist.com/order/Revolution-Coin-Vanish.htm
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1225 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I would save your money if I was you. There have been several discussions on this as well. A search will turn up a lot.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1380 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Looks good on video but....
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1380 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Looks good on video but....
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I'd say that it involves a very clever that ONLY Ellusionist has it FIRST. I'm glad that I know IT and no regrets downloading the effect!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Looks very good on the video..
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6871 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
While clever, I have never actually used this method in a real world situation.
TRI-EFFECTA: Three Close Up Card Miracles now available! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/tri-effecta.html
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
The concept certainly isn't new but it's the first I've seen of this exact handling. It's good to know but don't think it was worth the price.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
The concept is similar to something which Greg Wilson did in this On The Spot DVD where he ditched the Small glass len in one of his effects about the disappearing paper balls, etc
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Study a retention pass and a few subtleties and you are good to go. You could answer the questions "where did the con go"?
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
SamChak
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of SamChak
Revolution produced similar effects like MELT by Eric James.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

~ Albert Einstein ~
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)
wayno
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
323 Posts

Profile of wayno
Quote:
On 2005-10-03 07:52, artofmanipulation wrote:
Has anyone seen the new coin / small object vanish DVD offered by ellusionist. Does anyone have a review? Anyway, for those of you wondering how the vanish looks like, here is the link http://www.ellusionist.com/order/Revolution-Coin-Vanish.htm

Forget it if you wear khakis, or shorts, or dress pants, or a suit jacket, or a tuxedo, or a...........Get the picture? This is not a vanish that most professionals can use due to the limitations of the attire.

Get a topit and you'll be far better off.
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub
http://www.spookclub.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3970 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
It is something interesting an different to have in your arsenal. I downloaded the trick from Ellusionist. My initial response was, "Is that all it is?", but I have used it in certain situations - not many, mind you due to dress and situation - and fooled people with it.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1639 Posts

Profile of calexa
If you know how to do lapping there is no need for this video..... But Ellusionists marketing is excellent.

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
Magicman101uk
View Profile
Regular user
Nuneaton, UK
146 Posts

Profile of Magicman101uk
I have to agree with you calexa, Ellusionists marketing is absolutely fantastic. Shame their products are not up to much...

Cheers

Paul
Anyone here believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand!

www.paul-humphreys.com
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7291 Posts

Profile of paisa23
GeorgeSantos
I have to agree with him. Raven other ways fine and dandy but, Ill stick to the slieghts, I love the retention. What do you do after you do the vanish. ask yourself why would you put it on the back of your hand? Looked to see what it was but not for me. Good luck. Oh and George? DOWN HERE THEY ALL FLOAT ... couldn't resist sorry.
enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Profile of enigmaticmagic
Paisa that movie scared the heck out of me when I was 9 or ten. I freaked whenever I saw a clown!
misterbill
View Profile
Elite user
Bill Thompson
416 Posts

Profile of misterbill
Ahh the Revolution. My first (and so far last effect) from elusionist. Let me give my take on it.

First the pros: You learn more than just a vanish from this. you can turn a coin into any small object that you wish, Brad did it with a die. You can do a hand penetration with the move as well. Also you don't have to limit yourself to just coin vanishes either, Those who know the method will understand. You get a DVD with Brad giving detailed instructions on the method and presentation of the effect. No gimmicks involved.

The cons: For what it is many will find it overpriced. Do not perfom this trick more than once for your audience. Can't be done totally surrounded because of angles. You can only perfom this move wearing certain clothing. I wouldn't do this trick for more than four spectators at once. I don't know if this exactly a con for all but if you don't have this vanish as part of routine the spectaors are left asking questions... "Where did it go?" "How did you do that?" or "Can you bring it back?"

I have perform this trick a few times and I can say do not get too cocky about the method and try to do this for anyone without some practice. I mean it. From all the "is that all there is to it" comments it isn't that easy to do it naturally at first. Practice. get good with it and be calm and relaxed when you do it. I have done it to laymen with pretty good results. The best result I got was when I fooled the President of the local Magic Society with it the other day at the shop.
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Give this a miss. To me, it looks good only on cameras. There are many other types of vanishes around that works better
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Magic2253711
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin
82 Posts

Profile of Magic2253711
I guess some people are saying that my trick looks like the Rev coin, but I disagree. the rev coin is a good trick, but not worth the price.

this is what I'm working on (some people say its semi similar to the Rev Coin)

http://youtube.com/watch.php?v=abST5VePE......%20magic
"Sometimes what people think is real, is just an illusion, but sometimes what people think is an illusion, is real."
-Criss Angel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Revolution by Ellusionist (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL