The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Revolution by Ellusionist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Save the money and get SUBTERFUGE! or re-read bobo's if you are just interested in vanishing a coin of your own hand...
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Quote:
On 2005-11-08 19:56, Magic2253711 wrote:
I guess some people are saying that my trick looks like the Rev coin, but I disagree. the rev coin is a good trick, but not worth the price.

this is what I'm working on (some people say its semi similar to the Rev Coin)

http://youtube.com/watch.php?v=abST5VePE......%20magic

Yours is definitely NOT the revolution. Looks might like using ITs or pull shorta systems. Like MELT.
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Magic2253711
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin
82 Posts

Profile of Magic2253711
Mine does not use ITs and is not done the same way as MELT. YEa I don't know why people say its like the Rev coin. I don't see it, but they must think its like the same method or something. Mine is very clever and not that complicated, if I told you, you would kick urself for not guessing it. lol its that simple.

ANYWAY REV COIN not worth it. looks cool on video , but not worth it.
"Sometimes what people think is real, is just an illusion, but sometimes what people think is an illusion, is real."
-Criss Angel
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
Some people think the way the coin is held at the beginning of the revolution vanish is unnatural....

...Well...

...Here's an AWESOME tip for you guys! (i'm so glad I came up with this!)...

Use the revolution vanish in the middle of a twisting arm illusion.
dragonchaos91
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of dragonchaos91
I own it as well, and bought it a while ago. Its not a bad effect but so far I havent used it either. I usually have large shirts so it doesn't really work. And for those of you who own it you know what I mean.
okbohn
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of okbohn
I am too....round for the effect
Skarn
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Skarn
Wow, I'm surprised at how many of you dislike this effect. For me personally, it has been one of my best magic purchases. And yes, I have Bobo's.

It is such a simple, yet extremely effective effect. I have yet to be caught. Yes, I know to you magicians, you may think it's too obvious, why put the coin on the back of your hand, etc. But with the proper presentation, it's a beautiful vanish that I've never been caught doing. Totally impromptu and you end up totally clean. Yes, there are some clothing restrictions but there are work arounds to that as well.

I am not a professional magician....I mostly perform for friends, family, coworkers, but I can say this is one of my most frequently used tricks. It's perfect for walkaround and those occassions where I'm asked to "do a trick". Now, I don't simply just go into Revolution, I usually tie it in with something else like coinbite or something.

But to sum it up, for less than $20, it's a simple, impromtu and clean ending effect that I will use forever. Think about how many tricks/effects you've all bought in the past. Now how many of those do you still use regularly?

Just my 2 cents.....
Skarn
It's better to burn out...than to fade away....
anticoin
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of anticoin
I've seen the video and I do not understand what's so bad about this...
it's angly as the spectator has to be in front of you..but so are most tricks..visibill, slowburn, tricks using tenkai palm..etc
Godel
View Profile
New user
California
72 Posts

Profile of Godel
Ellusionist has a great website and great marketing indeed, I have been more careful in buying effects from them. I bought Revolution it was a good idea however I have not used the routine for layment yet. I wish they would do more on the street footage with specs with ilusions like King Rising and Revolution.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
I can do the same effect by throwing the coin over their heads when they are not looking
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Skarn
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Skarn
Quote:
On 2006-01-27 13:52, ClouDsss wrote:
I can do the same effect by throwing the coin over their heads when they are not looking

What an ignorant statement. Do you even own Revolution? With Revolution, your specs can burn your hands and you won't get caught. I've only been caught once and it was my own fault...bad angle.

This is a very good, simple coin vanish or coin to small item switch that gets excellent reactions. Period.

Skarn
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1060 Posts

Profile of tdowell
This is one of the worst effects I have ever wasted my money on. Yes I own it and wasted my money on it. ClouDsss is right. Forget it.
Skarn
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Skarn
Quote:
On 2006-01-28 00:01, tdowell wrote:
This is one of the worst effects I have ever wasted my money on. Yes I own it and wasted my money on it. ClouDsss is right. Forget it.

You know, of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I get so tired of simple posts like this that don't explain a thing or help at all.

Would you please elaborate as to why you say it's "one of the worst effects you ever wasted your money on"? Like how about giving some reasons to back up your post? Is it simply because you can't? It seems that whenever I ask someone to back statements like this, no one ever does.

Again, I'm not arguing your opinion with you, I'd just like to see why you make such a strong statement about what many including myself to be a very nice coin vanish.

Skarn
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1060 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Quote:
On 2006-01-30 13:15, Skarn wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-01-28 00:01, tdowell wrote:

You know, of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I get so tired of simple posts like this that don't explain a thing or help at all.

Would you please elaborate as to why you say it's "one of the worst effects you ever wasted your money on"? Like how about giving some reasons to back up your post? Is it simply because you can't? It seems that whenever I ask someone to back statements like this, no one ever does.

Again, I'm not arguing your opinion with you, I'd just like to see why you make such a strong statement about what many including myself to be a very nice coin vanish.

Skarn

I can only explain a little bit because most of my criticism of the effect has to do with the method, which I don't think is that "revolutionary".

$17 is too much for this so called "method" of vanishing a coin. It is impractical if you are wearing a suit or jacket, or anything other than the "right" clothing. It requires a somewhat suspicious position. It is also extremely angle sensitive.

I could understand if it were one of a number of effects on a multi trick DVD; but I don't see this as a very good value. There seems to be a trend today of taking a "move" and making it into a single effect. That is simply my opinion and I wouldn't expect everyone to agree with me.
20 minute magician
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of 20 minute magician
I think tdowell has summed this effect up a treat. There are better ways of vanishing a coin than this.
The One
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of The One
A french drop
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end...
I came here...
To tell you how this is going to begin.
Skarn
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Skarn
Quote:
On 2006-02-02 14:25, The One wrote:
A french drop

Agreed, a good simple, French Drop is nice. But you don't end up clean like you do in Revolution.

Skarn
The_Shadow
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of The_Shadow
I find it effective but not in the same league as the Raven. I have only used it once. It worked very well but I didn't get the same buz out of doing that one as doing the Raven vanish.
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Old thread, but I just found the DVD in a used book store. Without getting the ethics, let’s just say that I took it out of circulation so that it didn’t fall into the wrong hands.

I knew the basic effect, but was hoping the DVD would add something more. It didn’t.

This is a trick that you would expect fifth graders on a play-ground to try out on one another. Besides needing to wear the “right” clothes, and having to twist them into position, it’s not a natural way (for me at least) to hold your hands. (Slydini used to teach his students to do the moves without the sleights so that when you did the dirty everything would look the same.) There is nothing in the real world that would EVER put your hands into this position.

Also, unlike the French Drop, hooked coin, Shuttle Pass, or any other sleight you may know, you can NOT “bring it back”. It’s gone. (…unless you can find an excuse to “go digging”!)

For me the most amazing part of this DVD was that they actually stretched it into a half-hour’s instruction, and that they pitched it with a straight face!
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
664 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
Waste my money, don't buy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Revolution by Ellusionist (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL