The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Muscle Pass? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pablovaldes
View Profile
Loyal user
Mexico
206 Posts

Profile of pablovaldes
Hi, any idea of where I can learn to master this coin pass? I need it for a few tricks and I can´t find a good source.

Thank you for your time.

Pablo Valdés
Wonderful things do happen
Magic is so relative, that we all think we know what it is
@pablovaldes
Sean Comer
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Sean Comer
Information on the 'muscle pass' can be found in the 'Show Me the Money Forum'. Also, Dan Watkins has an example and explanation on his http://www.coinvanish.com website.

Sean
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
I KNOW how to do it, but I CANT get it. I just cant get the coin to flick out after pressing. ARGHH, its soo frustrating!!!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Reed McClintock's video has information on that.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
aka
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of aka
I learned from http://www.coinvanish.com

just keep practicing!! and rest once ur hands start to bruise.. haha.
*past the point of no return~~
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
377 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
I also learned from http://www.coinvanish.com ,my hands are harder and I had to figure out a different placement on the palm of my hand now I'm well on my way.Just don't give up.
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
tootall
View Profile
Regular user
Central FL
105 Posts

Profile of tootall
FISM winner John Cornelius also teaches the muscle pass. It can be found on Ammar's Classic Renditions vol. 1. The trick is "the coin that falls up". This is where I learned it from and John shows you the proper placement of the coin for maximum height. If he didn't invent it, he sure popularized it.

If you don't want to get the video, the placement is a little closer to the thumb and up slightly more than a regular palm. The coinvanish site is a good place but I couldn't get it until I watched John explain it. I was gettting it 6"-8" within a day after that.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Search the Café as well, because there are tons of threads with tips, hints, and ideas on applications.
jrandcc
View Profile
Regular user
New York
141 Posts

Profile of jrandcc
I situation is similar to totall's. I learned it from John Cornelius and got it several inches within 2 days. After about 1 year I was getting is on average, 1 foot high. Now I've been looking for as many applications as I can, and I have found many. the coinvanish.com site is pretty good.

This topic has been discussed many times on the Café.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
John didn't invent it. It was published in Buckley's book. John did popularize the move though. My lecture notes, Sleightly Strange, show you how to find the proper location for both the Muscle Pass and the Classic Palm - they are not the same.

~ Dan
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2005-10-16 23:46, jrandcc wrote:
I situation is similar to totall's. I learned it from John Cornelius and got it several inches within 2 days. After about 1 year I was getting is on average, 1 foot high. Now I've been looking for as many applications as I can, and I have found many. the coinvanish.com site is pretty good.

2 days!!! I envy you ..
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
JokersWild
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of JokersWild
The only way you can really master it is just keep practicing.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I have been practicing. I now have a visable bruise mark on my right palm! I'm using the half dollar, and it's tough. However, I'm not going to stop practicing. The coin is going to be in my pocket everyday and I can practice and classic palm too at work.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
EranH
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of EranH
I agree. Keep practicing and trying out different locations. Once you find the right position it gets much easier.
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
777 Posts

Profile of Loz
I second the idea of changing the position alot. There is a special position where it becomes quite easy. Then once you;ve found the position you keep practicing to get height/velocity/control.

If it's really not working, try a different position. Kepp moving it around the hand, exploring the nuances of the muscle around there until a squeeze makes it pop up.

A friend of mine had tried for months and got nowhere. I chatted with him face to face/hand to hand for 5 minutes and he got it! So the best advice is probably to find someone who *can* do it to work out what's going wrong.
doublelift
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of doublelift
I can't remimber who it was that did the first muscle pass I had ever seen but boy did that coin take off. I never have learned it and if I hadn't seen it I probably wouldn't believe it could be done. Congrats to who can do it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Muscle Pass? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL