The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Thumbcuff Jokes/Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Are there any Funny Thumbcuff Jokes or a Routine that can be done with a set of thumbcuffs.
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Check out Chris Capeheart.
His routine is very funny.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
You can do any routine that you can do with a thumb tie with thumbcuffs.

In my own routine I find a great reaction happens when I go through someone's leg. I stand behing them and bend down and pass my hand through their leg. The all of a sudden, look down and gasp in amazwment. The crowd gasps and laughs with the spectator.
ivfour
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
233 Posts

Profile of ivfour
Diamond Jim has a funny routine.

My routine - I always get two helpers to come up and stand on each side of me and just in front of me. I show them how to stand and put their hands after they check the silf and cuffs. Then they put the cuffs on me. Make sure to have the helpers to look at the audience. My nose start to itch, I use my shoulder first then I pull a hand out and scratch it and the audience will laught, put your hand back under the silk. You get the idea, you can do this several times and ways.

At the end, you ask your helpers to put their hand under the silk, I then take the silk off and their hands are cuffed together.
Jerry Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Magic Inc. in Chicago sells a routine called "Off the Cuff" check it out
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jonton
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
336 Posts

Profile of Jonton
What is the name of the twist-tied thumb routine that Mac King uses, and where can I learn it? That was probably my most favorite routine that he did, so any help would be appreciated.
~Jonton
I Came, I Saw, I Conjured
www.jontaylornyc.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
He uses the Jaspernese thmub tie from Jay Marshall at magic inc also.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Eric Buss
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Eric Buss
I think the name of the Mac King thumb tie routine is "MAC KING'S THUMB TIE ROUTINE."

Are you talking routine or method? They are two different things... use what ever method works... they are all about the same to laymen... but as far as the routine goes... Mac King came up with his own routine... you should do the same.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Which is why I told him what the method was. so he COULD come up with his routine
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
582 Posts

Profile of Tony S
I think there are a lot of opportunities for laughs with the thumbcuffs. I always get a great reaction by acting like I don't know that my hands are coming free from the thumbcuffs. I use some ideas similar to those already posted - scratch an itch, cover your mouth for a yawn, etc. For a kids show, the 'silk' that I ask my volunteer to cover my hands with is a pair of Sponge Bob boxers. I always yell "Oh, look it's my Sponge Bob skivvies!" - for some reason this kills them every time!

There's definitely a lot of room to have fun with this.
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of kOnO
Quote:
On 2005-10-22 12:36, nucinud wrote:
Check out Chris Capeheart.
His routine is very funny.

Does anyone where this routine can be found. DVD, Video, or BOOK?

thanks
kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Thumbcuff Jokes/Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL