The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2005 entrée: Eric DeCamps » » Coin Magic » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon
2236 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Hi Eric,
I first heard about you when I studied Michael Rubinstein's coin magic. He credited you or mentioned you quite a bit on the old mid 1980s Knockout Coin Magic tapes. Other than that, I am not very familiar with your coin magic.
Where can you point me to so I could study some of your coin material?
What is your preferred style when it comes to coin magic? Table, or no table? Quick, or lengthy routine? And who is your inspiration for your work, or what is your inspiration?

Thanks for everything, forgive me for numerous questions.

Brian Proctor
Eric DeCamps
View Profile
V.I.P.
95 Posts

Profile of Eric DeCamps
Brian:

I have had various coin material published in a variety of places. Magazines such as Apocalypse, M-U-M, Magic Menu, and Magic Manuscript contain some of my coin work.

In 1987 The Camirand Academy of Magic published my routine titled, “The Coin Connection”. This routine is a three part routine that can be done individually or together as a routined set.

The latest publication of my coin material can be found in my last lecture booklet titled, “Compositions of Conjuring”.

I am glad that you have studied Michael’s work. There is a lot that can be learned from him. He is an exceptionally gifted coin worker and a friend.

As far as working with a table or without one, you have to tailor your material for the venue you are working so it is important that you are prepared for either situation.

There have been many inspirations. To name a few: John Ramsay, Al Goshman, Slydini, Imam, Sol Stone, Mike Gallo, Geoff Latta, Tim Conover, Joe Safuto, Chris Kenner, Derek Dingle and David Roth have all influenced my coin work.

Best,

Eric DeCamps
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2005 entrée: Eric DeCamps » » Coin Magic » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.063110 seconds, requiring 14 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [9] [8] [3] [7] [5] [9] [9]