The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Altoids tin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
349 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
Love this thread!

Thinking about doing one for myself... can you really fit cards in an Altoids tin? A thumb tip?

So I'm thinking shoelace for ring routine, rubber bands, half dollars, quarters, bill for switch, laminated half bill for plastic cash, and toothpicks for the old Penetrating match stick routine... probably still some room left...

Gary
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Excellent thread!

I really like the Altoids Tin idea I have used pouches but the tin idea is very cool. I will be working on ideas for mine now. Thanks for all the great suggestions there are many I might not have thought of. Makes it easy to make 2 or 3. I didn't know there was an Altoids tin big enough for cards. Keep the ideas coming.
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Ted Danger
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco/Utila
106 Posts

Profile of Ted Danger
I find this to be a curiously strong thread, which I will attempt to, eh, mend. I used to carry a cigarette case, in which I concealed about a dozen gimmicks, which worked out great. First and foremost, was Steve's fierce Fearson Floater, of which many of you will be familiar. It was perfect cover, for "taking a little break" from the strong effects to shock them with a brilliant closer. Nothing say's surprise like thinking it's over as it peaks. In the case, I also had night shades, a swami, tack and thread hook ups, flash paper, and other small sneaky things.... But now, you can no longer smoke on planes, and folks would be appalled just for pulling out a case and tossing your "shiner" zippo upon it, so, Altoids seem to be the evolution. After introducing the cat I rescued on the way to the show, which is Pepe, the spring skunk, I'll ask what that horrible smell is, and confess it must be me, and put the box in play. I can still stash the Fearson Floater in it, and with a bit of engineering, can still pass out mints, by keeping the goods under lid..... Now, I'm curious with what Pete Biro came up with?
"One may say the eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility." Albert E.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
I have played around with the idea of getting routines in to small boxes and cases before. I did think about the mint tin idea when this post first came up as well.

Bit off track but at the moment I have a full written flowing routine which has developed and it packs down in a small pencil case type bag. I came up with the act then found the bag. so a bit of a cheat. In case you want to know the act is, endless Bananas, sponge balls, 6 card repeat (Large), single rope, egg bag, blank night, coins across If I can grab a deck of cards and few rubber bands with this I can do street, palour shows and close up. Its in my travel bag when I travel.

I know I am off topic. But I want to highlight were I have got to. But on this path I have made notes that I will revisit at some point and they are.
"If we have a routine in a box how can that box be part of the routine. Or could the routine and props be based around the tin" I have ideas of carrying the needle swallow in a sewing kit. But also tried to think of what other effects I could put in it with a sewing theme.

Any how that quite enough from me do what you will, and take care.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Doc Willie
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Doc Willie
ALTOIDS BOX 4 MAR 2017
Self-folding dollar
Paper clips/RB/dollar
Safety pins
Karate clip
RB 3 types
Bent pennies
Karate quarters
Climbing key
Holy Moly
Bent quarter
Halves and shell
20 Centavo
quarter, dime, penny

15+ tricks. Plus I carry a deck of cards with a gaff or two.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Altoids tin (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL